Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #31
Havik
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 902
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrimc View Post
Right im sick of some of the crazy opinions on ehre so here are the facts from last night
AD was clearly outboxing AA last night, AA was knocked down, AD WAS knocked down, AD did go to ground a number of times unnecassarily throughout the fight. AA was beggining to put some shots together. AA punch WAS NOT intentional, more instinct than maliciousness watch it in real time, though AD's contionuing dominance and KD not ruled a KD and the going to ground were clearly angering AA. AD DID NOT fake the KO, again watch in real time the "delay" is not apparent in real time and gives you a perspective on the amount of time he would have had to "decide" to go down. AA deserved a DQ but i do beleive that with AA having more success in the round leading up to and including the DQ, he probably had a 30% chance of a KO.

Watching the fight on tv yesterday, I thought Dirrell might be faking it. But having just rewatched that last punch, I have to agree with everything you just wrote.
There are just 2 more things about the fight that are worth mentioning for me: 1. Dirrell's punches strayed low quite often with no reaction from the referee, and 2. the ref choosing to have the cut examined just as Dirrell was under pressure was rather infuriating.
AA should've chinned the ref as far as I'm concerned, but the DQ was the only possible decision.
Havik is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #32
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I've just studied it now - it was definitely intentional, Abraham clearly knew what he was doing.

He should certainly suffer severe sanctions over this, in my opinion.

Regardless of whether you believe he was making the most of it or not (I don't think he was), it was a clear and blatant foul.

Completely different to the Soto/Lorenzo incident..... unless Abraham is blind he could have seen that Dirrell was on his knees having slipped.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #33
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

dirrell may have been punching low, it does not excuse the shot AA threw, shades of tyson-holyfield here, with the headbutts by holyfield that tyson tried to justify the ear-biting with
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #34
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

You do know that those are opinions and not facts?
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #35
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I've just studied it now - it was definitely intentional, Abraham clearly knew what he was doing.

He should certainly suffer severe sanctions over this, in my opinion.

Regardless of whether you believe he was making the most of it or not (I don't think he was), it was a clear and blatant foul.

Completely different to the Soto/Lorenzo incident..... unless Abraham is blind he could have seen that Dirrell was on his knees having slipped.

I don't why the Soto fight keeps being used as some sort of comparison.
Completely different set of circumstances.
I liken this more to the recent Dib-Yamaguchi debacle.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #36
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Incidents....

Dib vs Yamaguchi

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Movx_5IcM2s[/ame]

I think this was later ruled a no-contest with the ref having missed (allegedly ) the incident - even though it was right in front of him.

This was probably worse than the Abraham vs Dirrell incident, given that he had knocked the Jap dude down heavily and reached around his back to punch him knowing he was already down.

There is one where Marciano belted an opponent whilst down on the blind side of the referee which was very similar to Abraham hitting Dirrell, will try and find it.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #37
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Incidents....

Dib vs Yamaguchi

I think this was later ruled a no-contest with the ref having missed (allegedly ) the incident - even though it was right in front of him.

This was probably worse than the Abraham vs Dirrell incident, given that he had knocked the Jap dude down heavily and reached around his back to punch him knowing he was already down.

There is one where Marciano belted an opponent whilst down on the blind side of the referee which was very similar to Abraham hitting Dirrell, will try and find it.
Amir Khan vs Martin Kristjansen, amir nailed him twice when on his knees, not very nice at all yet no one said a thing. kristjansen didnt milk it and got ko'd very soon after. he could have gone down and stayed down...
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #38
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
Amir Khan vs Martin Kristjansen, amir nailed him twice when on his knees, not very nice at all yet no one said a thing. kristjansen didnt milk it and got ko'd very soon after. he could have gone down and stayed down...
And on one of those knockdowns Amir looked at him, paused, and then decided to throw the punch anyway. I really don't know what was going thorugh his mind that night.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #39
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In my opinion Dirrel was in no way faking,if he was he deserves an oscar.The Ref was poor last night he got it wrong with 2 kds and he broke up the fight when Abraham had Dirrel pinned againt the ropes.Dirrel surprised me last night and put up a gutsy performance its just a shame it was spoiled because of the dq.
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #40
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

if dirrell was faking then hes a ****in good actor, i mean when he was crying because he thought he lost looked pretty realistic to me! i think AA had a good chance of koing dirrell imo. hopefully AA wont rely on a late ko so much now. Credit to dirrell he actually showed heart last night, cant stand his bro though
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #41
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt99 View Post
if dirrell was faking then hes a ****in good actor, i mean when he was crying because he thought he lost looked pretty realistic to me! i think AA had a good chance of koing dirrell imo. hopefully AA wont rely on a late ko so much now. Credit to dirrell he actually showed heart last night, cant stand his bro though
dont think he was acting. doctor thought there might be blood on the brain. hopefully we find out more in the next couple of days
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #42
BURNLEYBLUE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1016

Abraham is a very powerful guy with the mindset of taking you out for every second of the 12 rnds. So in the split second of being presented with the ungaurded head of dirrell,late in a fight he is loosing and needing a ko, he is expected to pull the shot??? I dont think so. Dirrell was seriously ****ed. The way to beat Abraham is not rocket science and Dirrell was excecuting it perfectly and had the legs to see it through imo.
Makes the series all the more interesting.The ref was a joke by the way.
BURNLEYBLUE is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #43
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I cannot wait for aftermath in fight camp 360'
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #44
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the reff was terrible! pulled AA off dirrell when AA had him against the ropes, for what? sticking his arm out? how he didng call the dirrel kd i dont know. also he shoulda been closer to call a break just before the dq.
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #45
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Just rewatched it. The Ref called stop boxing after he landed punch. Shocking ref last night. He was also watching the action a lot from behind AA. Poor point of view to see the action from.
Mandanda is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum