Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #46
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

"I did not see that he was down" "He's a good actor, he's a good actor." said Abraham

“They didn’t ask how he was – just if he’d taken a drug test,” said Shaw. “Andre is severely hurt. Is it more important in your country that you p--- in a cup than get your head taken care of?”

There's some real bad blood between these two and no doubt there will be fireworks if they meet up again.

To be honest I was getting bored with all this touchy feely gloves, every second, thing we've been seeing of late - it looks like we've got ourselves a good old grudge match.
JonOli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #47
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

i've watched this several times now, sl;ept on it then watched it several more times.

To me it was a clear DQ considering that Dirrell couldn't get back up....

However I do feel Dirrell was NO WHERE NEAR as hurt as he was making out and could have easily made it up.

Abraham can have no complaints though
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #48
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
"I did not see that he was down" "He's a good actor, he's a good actor." said Abraham

“They didn’t ask how he was – just if he’d taken a drug test,” said Shaw. “Andre is severely hurt. Is it more important in your country that you p--- in a cup than get your head taken care of?”

There's some real bad blood between these two and no doubt there will be fireworks if they meet up again.

To be honest I was getting bored with all this touchy feely gloves, every second, thing we've been seeing of late - it looks like we've got ourselves a good old grudge match.

that pissed me off so much in the clottey pacman fight. clottey kept touching gloves then preceding to put **** all effort into attacking. wheres his self-respect? the guy is whipping him yet he keeps touching gloves. idiot, shoudda tried to get some aggression in his performance!

late rant over
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #49
rooq
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
And on one of those knockdowns Amir looked at him, paused, and then decided to throw the punch anyway. I really don't know what was going thorugh his mind that night.
didn't barrera do the same thing?...apart from he actually started to walk away and then turned around and punched his opponent when he was down? completely forgotten which fight
rooq is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #50
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq View Post
didn't barrera do the same thing?...apart from he actually started to walk away and then turned around and punched his opponent when he was down? completely forgotten which fight
He hit Marquez when he was down.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #51
felix
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think the doctors were cut men for AA as all they did was take as long as they could to stop the bleeding. It's the doctors who are killing the sport.
felix is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #52
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

I just saw a replay of the missed KD of Abraham in the 7th and after watching it a couple of times (admitadely on the only available angle) I think the ref made the right decision it wasn't a punch it was a swing and AD's forearm that pushed into Arthur's neck and pushed him off balance.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #53
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Remember when Honeyghan punched the chap whilst he was still on his stool or something.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #54
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006 View Post
Remember when Honeyghan punched the chap whilst he was still on his stool or something.
Was it Johnny Bumphus? I believe the bell rang to start the round and Honeyghan charged over and hit him.
He was just about off his stool, but forgot about the "Defend yourself at all times" instruction.

Although it was legit (IMO), it was a bit cheeky. After that, and ever since then, referees keep fighters apart at the start of the round until they are both ready.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #55
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
i've watched this several times now, sl;ept on it then watched it several more times.

To me it was a clear DQ considering that Dirrell couldn't get back up....

However I do feel Dirrell was NO WHERE NEAR as hurt as he was making out and could have easily made it up.

Abraham can have no complaints though
Agree

I screwed up and downloaded a german version so I had no idea what was going on !

It didn't ring true to me at all though

He shook his head, put his hand up, then fell over. And after the fight he was touching his head in the wrong spot. Since when do boxers hold their heads in pain anyway?

However like the Mitchell KO the other week, you can't be sure either way

But for mine he looked like he was acting
trotter is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #56
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

The one thing that puzzled me was the fact he shook his head pretty hard afterward. Someone who gets knocked out (I have been KO'd twice) does not shake there head afterward. You feel like your head is gonna explode, you just wanna keep it still
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #57
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
The one thing that puzzled me was the fact he shook his head pretty hard afterward. Someone who gets knocked out (I have been KO'd twice) does not shake there head afterward. You feel like your head is gonna explode, you just wanna keep it still
Yeah he looked up and shook his head, almost in disgust. Rang alarm bells to me too.

You just can't 100% say how someone will react to a bang though so it's hard to be sure...
trotter is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #58
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Yeah I mean i'm not condoning that AA was wrong (Even though it seemed to be a shot out of frustration).
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #59
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

deserved a DQ but im convinced he would've got a late KO if he hadn't spazzed Dirrell out

just another twiset nd turn to the super six, a loss is not the be all and end all
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #60
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
deserved a DQ but im convinced he would've got a late KO if he hadn't spazzed Dirrell out

just another twiset nd turn to the super six, a loss is not the be all and end all
Convinced? Really?
KingCobra is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum