boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #61
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Aye, Abraham wouldve landed something. Just coz a fighter is ahead doesn't mean he's better.

Abraham ****ed his own chances up. Thats okay. He can come back. Dirrell won't beat Ward IMO
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #62
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 1000
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
Convinced? Really?
It's going to be the new "Vitali would DEFINITELY have stopped Lewis had the fight continued" thing, despite having his worst round of the fight prior to the stoppage. In this case, Abraham was improving but he still wasn't finding Dirrell enough to make me believe a KO was on the cards and Dirrell was actually winning the 11th comfortably enough prior to the DQ.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #63
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Aye, Abraham wouldve landed something. Just coz a fighter is ahead doesn't mean he's better.

Abraham ****ed his own chances up. Thats okay. He can come back. Dirrell won't beat Ward IMO
Fair enough, Dirrell did look fatigued. I reckon he would've held on but it's all speculation now anyway. I love this tournament, it's hard as hell to predict. I reckon Froch will be the first to win an "away game" against Kessler.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #64
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

I love Frochy as you know, but his style is made for a highlight-reel Abraham K.O.

Hope he beats Kessler to guarantee himself a place in the semis
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #65
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 1000
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrimc View Post
Right im sick of some of the crazy opinions on ehre so here are the facts from last night
AD was clearly outboxing AA last night, AA was knocked down, AD WAS knocked down, AD did go to ground a number of times unnecassarily throughout the fight. AA was beggining to put some shots together. AA punch WAS NOT intentional, more instinct than maliciousness watch it in real time, though AD's contionuing dominance and KD not ruled a KD and the going to ground were clearly angering AA. AD DID NOT fake the KO, again watch in real time the "delay" is not apparent in real time and gives you a perspective on the amount of time he would have had to "decide" to go down. AA deserved a DQ but i do beleive that with AA having more success in the round leading up to and including the DQ, he probably had a 30% chance of a KO.

Anything else is bias, bigotry or downright ignorance
You're supposed to be stating facts yet neglect the most indisputable fact. Dirrell had No Concussion after the fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Look at this angle, the punch that landed was grazing at best

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #66
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
You're supposed to be stating facts yet neglect the most indisputable fact. Dirrell had No Concussion after the fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Look at this angle, the punch that landed was grazing at best

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Nice work on the avis fella! I watched the replays many times from the Showtime slo mo. It certainly appears to be more of a glancing blow! Have to give Dirrell the benefit of doubt tho. If AA got off this, fighters could get hurt in future. Dirrell is the only one who knows if he blagged it. If he did its a hollow victory for him.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #67
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
I love Frochy as you know, but his style is made for a highlight-reel Abraham K.O.

Hope he beats Kessler to guarantee himself a place in the semis
I respect your opinion but I hope you're wrong about AA. I'm reasonably confident Frochy beats Kessler but the way things have been turning out....who knows!! Only another month to go til we find out
KingCobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:28 AM   #68
Risque Reward
Passionate Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 98
vCash: 1000
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

I personally think he's acted. The shot is grazing and Dirrel has a pretty good chin.

Only situation i can compare it to recently is when Haye was on a knee against Barrett & he took a full blow heavyweight punch. Haye has a weak chin and admits this.
Yet he stayed up but looked a little shaken & then took a minute to compse himself. The shot is much cleaner than the one that him dirrell.

Going on my initial reaction at the time of watching it live, i saw a delay from dirrell & i questioned it in my head that split second. The crying from dirrell afterwards also shocked me.

Dirrell deserved the win but in my head everything he did after the punch just doesn't add up.
Risque Reward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 AM   #69
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque Reward View Post
I personally think he's acted. The shot is grazing and Dirrel has a pretty good chin.

Only situation i can compare it to recently is when Haye was on a knee against Barrett & he took a full blow heavyweight punch. Haye has a weak chin and admits this.
Yet he stayed up but looked a little shaken & then took a minute to compse himself. The shot is much cleaner than the one that him dirrell.

Going on my initial reaction at the time of watching it live, i saw a delay from dirrell & i questioned it in my head that split second. The crying from dirrell afterwards also shocked me.

Dirrell deserved the win but in my head everything he did after the punch just doesn't add up.
Not IMO.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #70
BURNLEYBLUE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: touchin cloth
Posts: 977
vCash: 1016
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Seeing those replays from different angles has completly changed my veiw on the incident. The mans a coward and a ****in dirty cheatin ****. He showed flashes of his yellow streak in the Froch fight, but the fellas shown his real self here. The **** should be thrown out of the tournament imo.
BURNLEYBLUE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #71
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

I thought it was a destructive punch, but the different angles show a different side to the story.

Hard to decide though; I think Dirrell made a mountain out of it but the DQ woulda been necessary anyway.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #72
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 664
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNLEYBLUE View Post
Seeing those replays from different angles has completly changed my veiw on the incident. The mans a coward and a ****in dirty cheatin ****. He showed flashes of his yellow streak in the Froch fight, but the fellas shown his real self here. The **** should be thrown out of the tournament imo.
At last, after thousands of posts and numerous threads we have the truth...I saw it the first time, the man took a ****ing dive and a poorly executed one at that. Convulsions my ****, if he had been as badly hurt as he made out then he would have been stretchered out of the ring and would still be in hospital...one minute he was twitching like a landed trout and the next he was on his stool mouthing off...utter bull****, the man is a ****ing disgrace.
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:43 AM   #73
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
At last, after thousands of posts and numerous threads we have the truth...I saw it the first time, the man took a ****ing dive and a poorly executed one at that. Convulsions my ****, if he had been as badly hurt as he made out then he would have been stretchered out of the ring and would still be in hospital...one minute he was twitching like a landed trout and the next he was on his stool mouthing off...utter bull****, the man is a ****ing disgrace.
It's really odd now I've seen the different angles.

I wouldn't disagree with this, but I still think Abraham should've been DQ'd.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #74
BURNLEYBLUE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: touchin cloth
Posts: 977
vCash: 1016
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

Only Dirrell (and prob Abraham) knows how that punch affected him. But after seenig that, for me he took the cowards/easy way out. Knowing that Abrahams was getting stronger, or more he was gasing, he chose not to see out the last round and a bit of a fight he was winning in fear of being KO. Unforgivable.
BURNLEYBLUE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:51 AM   #75
BURNLEYBLUE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: touchin cloth
Posts: 977
vCash: 1016
Default Re: AA vs AD THE FACTS!

The shakes and convulsions just go to make it more deplorable
Comlplete ****wipe
BURNLEYBLUE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015