Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #31
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: regarding the "calzaghe disgrace" the news of the world needs to burn to the grou

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
to be honest, he probably aint that different to many men in this country, who are in their 30's. that's not to excuse it, but he has got plenty of money, and no other cunt to answer to (other than his dad who i imagine he will avoid like the plague!)
It ain't right, but who are we or notw to judge.
Money and time. Fatal combination.

(I'm just jealous, I've not much of either!!)
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #32
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: regarding the "calzaghe disgrace" the news of the world needs to burn to the grou

Plenty of footballers have blown hundreds of thousands on the nags and dishlickers, Owen, Gudjohnsen, Etherington and Terry I think are the most high profile cases in recent years.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #33
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Got very bored wih his promotions very quickly. I just hope he doesn;t become some tragic figure.
On the upside, he has that dance partner bird.

Bang tidy
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #34
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Plenty of footballers have blown hundreds of thousands on the nags and dishlickers, Owen, Gudjohnsen, Etherington and Terry I think are the most high profile cases in recent years.
Yeah, i mean jc is no different, he just didn;t use his nut, and keep his gob shut
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #35
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I suppose the difference between a footballer and the rest of us is that they can blow 50k and not see his arse over it.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #36
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
Got very bored wih his promotions very quickly. I just hope he doesn;t become some tragic figure.
On the upside, he has that dance partner bird.

Bang tidy
I can't see it being problem, it sounds like he just likes the odd bit of beak.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #37
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Well perhaps it explains his dire dancing.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #38
Liam1973

vCash:

I don't see what the problem is.

He dedicated his whole life to boxing and being a the top of his game. He retires undefeated after a very successful career and so now he has a bit of Dickie Davis on a night out, so what.

Think more important things going on in the world that papers should be reporting on. However this is the NOTW we are talking about.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #39
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
Well perhaps it explains his dire dancing.
Sleeping tablets wouldn't explain that dancing.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #40
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam1973 View Post
I don't see what the problem is.

He dedicated his whole life to boxing and being a the top of his game. He retires undefeated after a very successful career and so now he has a bit of Dickie Davis on a night out, so what.

Think more important things going on in the world that papers should be reporting on. However this is the NOTW we are talking about.
i think the problem is he is supposed to be a role model to kids and doing drugs dosent come across as a clever thing to be doing in that postition
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #41
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

The thing is, Joe is very much seen as a clean living guy, who is held up as a role model by many, many youngsters - and he puts himself up as a role model too.

I think that's where the issue is really.

If he wants to be some illegal drug taking party animal, well that's up to him, good luck to him, it doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy, but you can't expect people not to speak out when he's walking around acting whiter than white, so to speak.

Personal my opinion of him hasn't changed and most of the article is total garbage, but I don't go with the line, oh pat him on the back for it, either.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #42
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
The thing is, Joe is very much seen as a clean living guy, who is held up as a role model by many, many youngsters - and he puts himself up as a role model too.

I think that's where the issue is really.

If he wants to be some illegal drug taking party animal, well that's up to him, it doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy, but you can't expect people not to speak out when he's walking around acting whiter than white, so to speak.

Personal my opinion of him hasn't changed and most of the article is total garbage, but I don't go with the line, oh pat him on the back for it, either.

He didn't put really himself up as a role model, if he was seen as one then thats different.

Its the NOTW thats ****ing about with the youngsters by reporting stuff like this.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #43
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
He didn't put really himself up as a role model, if he was seen as one then thats different.

Its the NOTW thats ****ing about with the youngsters by reporting stuff like this.

Hey I'm not going to defend that vile Tory supporting rag.

I do disagree though Gaz, I think he does do a lot of work with youngsters, the bullying stuff for a start. A lot of youngsters would be looking up to him, made aware of him through that, it's not particularly good for them to see that their hero stuffs illegal drugs up his nose.

He also does a lot of Help For Heroes stuff... which is not good by association.

Anyway, as I said, I don't want to string him up for it, just think he should be a bit more careful. If he wants to party, good luck to him, but he can't really play the clean living good guy card as well, whilst doing it.

Last edited by JonOli; 03-28-2010 at 05:17 PM.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #44
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I know we're splitting hairs mate (again, sorry!!), but him doing a bit of good with kids shouldn't make him being caught doing coke any worse IMHO.

If he was heading an anti-drugs program then fair enough.....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #45
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Sleeping tablets wouldn't explain that dancing.
Well they weren't sleeping tablets, that's next weeks exclusive.

Calzaghe exclusive: why I danced liked I'd just stepped out the freezer.
JonOli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum