Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default The Ref was as much to blame as anyone!!!

Did anyone notice how far away from the action the Ref was?

This was because he knew that Dirrell normally darts out of the corner to one side. He was trying to give himself more time. Bad reffing, if he can't keep up they should have got someone else in.

In short he was far too far away.

Also the no knockdown was a joke and the timing of the doctors inspection was cynical to say the least.

(For the record I thought it was a very good performance by Dirrell and a poor performance by AA. That said I did feel AA was starting to catch a clearly tired Dirrell so who knows what would hve happened in the 12th).
Will is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Ref was as much to blame as anyone!!!

AA was piling on the pressure the once, had Dirrel pined on the ropes, was unloading and the ref stepped straight in to break it up.

Technically he was in the right, as AA was using his one arm as a sight so to speak, but that stuff goes on all the time and never gets pulled up.

It didn't effect the result, but there was a fair bit of home cooking in that fight that could of, had it been closer.

Also, I know he moans way too much, but there were seveal low blows to AA that on another night, another ref, could have been awarded as a points deduction.

I also, like yourself, noticed the convenient timing of bringing in the doctor too.

Anyway, as I said, given the result, I don't think the ref played any significant part.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
AA was piling on the pressure the once, had Dirrel pined on the ropes, was unloading and the ref stepped straight in to break it up.

Technically he was in the right, as AA was using his one arm as a sight so to speak, but that stuff goes on all the time and never gets pulled up.

It didn't effect the result, but there was a fair bit of home cooking in that fight that could of, had it been closer.

Also, I know he moans way too much, but there were seveal low blows to AA that on another night, another ref, could have been awarded as a points deduction.

I also, like yourself, noticed the convenient timing of bringing in the doctor too.

Anyway, as I said, given the result, I don't think the ref played any significant part.
Guzman got pulled on this a lot last night as well. I laughed at Lewis explaining why it was illegal then Kellerman said about Lewis doing it a lot
LHL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Abraham was certainly coming on strong in the 10th and I fancied him to pull it out the bag. It was a clear KD, and Dirrell was hurt, I just felt if Abraham could pile it on he would stop Dirrell.

Even if Dirrell hadn't been "knocked out" Abraham would still have been DQ'd I feel.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

The Ref was very poor. But AA always complains about bodyshots that are legal so he's his own worst enemy, BUT referee's should go in with any pre conceived thoughts about fighters if it's a lowblow it's a lowblow. His positioning was ridiculous at times he was standing behind the boxers and wasn't able to see a thing. Plus he shouted stop boxing after AA landed the final blow.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

The thing that pisses me off is that if this was the other way around and it was Dirrell in Arthur's shoes in Germany then the outcry from the Yanks would be unreal. Biased home town officiating, this is why are fighters stay home blah blah blah. Haven't seen one thread in the General mentioning the home favoritism suprisingly.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
nip102
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 987

His name is laurence cole as soon i say his name i knew there would be a screw up.He has previous
from another forum
Laurence Cole's actions this past saturday just reaffirms his standing as the worst referee in the business. Ive had a gripe with this scumbag referee ever since the first Pacquiao vs Barerra fight which took place in san antonio texas.

In that fight which was oscar de la hoya's first fight with his first client marco antonio barerra, cole ruled a obvious slip on pacquiao a knock down. later on in the fight pacquiao punches barerra who goes down but rules it a slip, a couple of rounds later barerra goes down in what looks like a slip but scores it a knock down.

In his next high profile blunder, he was the referee for the juan manuel marquez vs jimrex jaca fight. this was the fight in which he told marquez after being cut that he was ahead on the scorecards, he was suppose to be suspended but he still continues to get high profile jobs whenever fights take place in texas.

Now his most recent bang up job comes this past saturday. i should say bang up jobS because he was horrible in the ishe smith danny jacobs fight but lets just stick to the juan diaz vs baby bull fight.

This guys asks the judges was it a punch that caused the first cut on diaz which was correctly pointed out by harold lederman as something u dont do as a referee. Later on in the fight, a second cut on diaz appeared, & in the end of that round you can hear laurence cole audibly ask "was it a elbow that caused that punch?" Then in the beginning of the round he grabs diaz & makes a accidental headbutt ruling.

Heres a little info about Laurence Cole;

His dad is Dickie Cole Sr. who is a former fight judge & now is some high ranking director in the Texas Boxing Commission.

Laurence Cole & family sells insurance to fight promoters in texas in order for them to promote fights.

His company Laurence Cole Insurance Agency;
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
nip102 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Guzman got pulled on this a lot last night as well. I laughed at Lewis explaining why it was illegal then Kellerman said about Lewis doing it a lot

Classic, Lewis did it to Bruno with the uppercuts
Guy is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip102 View Post
His name is laurence cole as soon i say his name i knew there would be a screw up.He has previous
from another forum
Laurence Cole's actions this past saturday just reaffirms his standing as the worst referee in the business. Ive had a gripe with this scumbag referee ever since the first Pacquiao vs Barerra fight which took place in san antonio texas.

In that fight which was oscar de la hoya's first fight with his first client marco antonio barerra, cole ruled a obvious slip on pacquiao a knock down. later on in the fight pacquiao punches barerra who goes down but rules it a slip, a couple of rounds later barerra goes down in what looks like a slip but scores it a knock down.

In his next high profile blunder, he was the referee for the juan manuel marquez vs jimrex jaca fight. this was the fight in which he told marquez after being cut that he was ahead on the scorecards, he was suppose to be suspended but he still continues to get high profile jobs whenever fights take place in texas.

Now his most recent bang up job comes this past saturday. i should say bang up jobS because he was horrible in the ishe smith danny jacobs fight but lets just stick to the juan diaz vs baby bull fight.

This guys asks the judges was it a punch that caused the first cut on diaz which was correctly pointed out by harold lederman as something u dont do as a referee. Later on in the fight, a second cut on diaz appeared, & in the end of that round you can hear laurence cole audibly ask "was it a elbow that caused that punch?" Then in the beginning of the round he grabs diaz & makes a accidental headbutt ruling.

Heres a little info about Laurence Cole;

His dad is Dickie Cole Sr. who is a former fight judge & now is some high ranking director in the Texas Boxing Commission.

Laurence Cole & family sells insurance to fight promoters in texas in order for them to promote fights.

His company Laurence Cole Insurance Agency;
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
****ing hell

Boxing politics at its best there clearly. Terrible absolutely terrible what a joke how do they get away with bull shit.
royalt0208 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum