Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #16
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: ******: "If he (Mitchell) has to fight Marquez, then he's going to fight Marquez"

That would be a great fight for Kevin provided he comes through Katsidas. The Kat fight will get him some much needed publicity worldwide. He got a tiny bit of recognition for the Prescott win, but only a little because the shine was taken off Prescott by his previous loss. If he wins, which he has a chance, and if its a good fight, which is very likely...he'll be in a great position to fight Marquez and the top names.

It's not a bad time to fight Marquez either. As the months pass he's not likely to be getting any better IMO. The worst case scenario is he's as good as he was when he beat Casayamor and Diaz but my instinct is he's probably lost a little something.
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #17
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: ******: "If he (Mitchell) has to fight Marquez, then he's going to fight Marquez"

It won't matter. Kev won't have the luxury of trying to chase the likes of Marquez etc etc. That luxury will go to Katsidis.

Kev may well be looking at a Murray fight after this one
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #18
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Murray? I know he likes boxing but surely the depressing twat is not going to put down his racquet and don the gloves?
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Murray? I know he likes boxing but surely the depressing twat is not going to put down his racquet and don the gloves?
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #20
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
cud be a case of right fight right time
Exactly

I think there were signs with Casa & Diaz that a) Marquez may be slightly shot and b) he doesnt suit 135 the way he did SFW , the Floyd fight we learned nothing about JMM other than he has no business fighting above 135 and he gained a load more mileage after being schooled !!!!

I like Mitchell in this fight .
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:01 AM   #21
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Exactly

I think there were signs with Casa & Diaz that a) Marquez may be slightly shot and b) he doesnt suit 135 the way he did SFW , the Floyd fight we learned nothing about JMM other than he has no business fighting above 135 and he gained a load more mileage after being schooled !!!!

I like Mitchell in this fight .
Except that Casa and Diaz had never been stopped and were far batter than Mitchell has shown us so far.

Marquez is on his way out, but is still far better than Mitchell.

What next, Kell Brook to beat Cotto?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 AM   #22
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Except that Casa and Diaz had never been stopped and were far batter than Mitchell has shown us so far.

Marquez is on his way out, but is still far better than Mitchell.

What next, Kell Brook to beat Cotto?
Thats true , never been stopped but both have lost previous to Marquez to lesser fighters .

Marquez for me in these fights shown he is past his best , he got hit too often , and imo the weight didnt suit him , he looked a little slower and seemed tired , the same was said about Hatton when Tszyu Hatton got made , out of his depth , Tszyu is too good and Hatton used his primary weapon in this fight his youth , this is ultimatley how i see Marquez Mitchell panning out .

And now that you mention it by this time next year if Cotto is still around i wouldnt be suprised if Brook could hang with Cotto TBH
Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats true , never been stopped but both have lost previous to Marquez to lesser fighters .

Marquez for me in these fights shown he is past his best , he got hit too often , and imo the weight didnt suit him , he looked a little slower and seemed tired , the same was said about Hatton when Tszyu Hatton got made , out of his depth , Tszyu is too good and Hatton used his primary weapon in this fight his youth , this is ultimatley how i see Marquez Mitchell panning out .

And now that you mention it by this time next year if Cotto is still around i wouldnt be suprised if Brook could hang with Cotto TBH
What lesser fighters? Nate Campbell is much better than Mitchell.

Casa had some odd ones but also smashed Corrales face in, wasn't at his best but was coming off a win over the guy Mitchell is fighting next.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:29 AM   #24
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
What lesser fighters? Nate Campbell is much better than Mitchell.

Casa had some odd ones but also smashed Corrales face in, wasn't at his best but was coming off a win over the guy Mitchell is fighting next.
I think there is no argument to say Mitchell is better than Campbell simply because of the opposition Cambell has faced compared to Mitchell , but when all is said and done i think Mitchell will surpass Campbell , Campbell has trouble with boxers , he's a volume puncher with a good jab , a pressure fighter and when he doesnt have things all his way he folds !!!!!

Casamayor is one of my favourites , but he too was over the hill when he fought Marquez , and Katsidis had him all but finished Casa was out on his feet and caught Kat with a lucky desperate punch , he caught Marquez too often for me and the fight was going to the wire until Marquez stopped him , and in the Diaz fight JMM was behind .........................
Old 03-29-2010, 05:31 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think there is no argument to say Mitchell is better than Campbell simply because of the opposition Cambell has faced compared to Mitchell , but when all is said and done i think Mitchell will surpass Campbell , Campbell has trouble with boxers , he's a volume puncher with a good jab , a pressure fighter and when he doesnt have things all his way he folds !!!!!

Casamayor is one of my favourites , but he too was over the hill when he fought Marquez , and Katsidis had him all but finished Casa was out on his feet and caught Kat with a lucky desperate punch , he caught Marquez too often for me and the fight was going to the wire until Marquez stopped him , and in the Diaz fight JMM was behind .........................
He didn't fold when being outboxed by Funeka. Came on strong late and got the kd#'s required to snatch the win from the jaws of defeat. Arguably deserved the Casamayor decision.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:35 AM   #26
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
He didn't fold when being outboxed by Funeka. Came on strong late and got the kd#'s required to snatch the win from the jaws of defeat. Arguably deserved the Casamayor decision.
The Funeka decision was nothing short of ****ing scandalous , your right in that particular fight he didnt fold but has done in the past , but in fairness i think he needed more than a 10 - 8 to level things up there do you ???? , he was outclassed and outworked the whole fight , there was a case for weight drain but we dont know that for sure .

Not sure there is a case for saying he won the Casa fight imo , arguable yes !!!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #27
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
The Funeka decision was nothing short of ****ing scandalous , your right in that particular fight he didnt fold but has done in the past , but in fairness i think he needed more than a 10 - 8 to level things up there do you ???? , he was outclassed and outworked the whole fight , there was a case for weight drain but we dont know that for sure .

Not sure there is a case for saying he won the Casa fight imo , arguable yes !!!
No, it was a very close fight. I had Campbell winning by one point.

So 'not sure there is a case' but it's 'arguable'? Eh?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:40 AM   #28
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
No, it was a very close fight. I had Campbell winning by one point.

So 'not sure there is a case' but it's 'arguable'? Eh?
A bit like Cotto Clottey , there can be an argument but imo Cotto was the clear winner , is that a bit clearer for you ???

Your assesment of Campbell Funeka is disguisting .
Old 03-29-2010, 05:47 AM   #29
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
A bit like Cotto Clottey , there can be an argument but imo Cotto was the clear winner , is that a bit clearer for you ???

Your assesment of Campbell Funeka is disguisting .

Eh?

Campbell scores 3 kd's in the fight if I'm not mistaken. Gave him a few rounds too, it's that kinda fight.

I love Funeka, but you're only sticking up for him because it's in vogue to stick up for him. It was a VERY CLOSE fight, due to the kd's. No robbery.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2010, 05:53 AM   #30
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Eh?

Campbell scores 3 kd's in the fight if I'm not mistaken. Gave him a few rounds too, it's that kinda fight.

I love Funeka, but you're only sticking up for him because it's in vogue to stick up for him. It was a VERY CLOSE fight, due to the kd's. No robbery.
No mate im not , ive seen the fight a million times , im saying what i saw , i seen Funeka pick apart Campbell and other than the KD's i didnt give Campbell any more than a couple of rounds , imo a terrible terrible decision .

I like the vogue jibe though ill have to use that on someone else !!!!!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum