Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #31
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can Mccall become WBC champ?

Mccall knows in his head that one more loss could be the end of the road for him, I really wish he would of signed on to fight Peter and just took the pay cut. I mean more and likely he was going to have to fight him anyways if he beat Gomez, Mccall deep down wishes he would of fought Peter last saturday night. I just hope the WBC doesnt **** him over if he beats Gomez, the man deserves a shot as much as anyone else out there.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #32
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

He can, but he has to realize that if he isn't the mandatory he cannot make demands on his purse.

And even then as the mandatory you get what the organization gives you. I think he would have gotten the shot if he woulda taken the purse offer. Because he compares better with Maskaev than McCline.

Anyhow all he has to do is stay active at the top. Eventually the WBC will make a mandatory or a mandatory eliminator again once this mess clears up.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #33
sst
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

McCall will not beat Gomez but he would beat Peter. The hype surrounding Peter was was he had a iron chin and a big punch. He may have a big punch but he has not landed it since he moved from the "C" grade fighters he made his name on. As for his chin to say it is glass is a insult to glass. Thoes shots that had him on queer street were not big punches. Brock got nailed harder by McCline and got up and won the round. So lets just say even though Brock is not the most durable fighter in the divsion he certianlly is a lot more solid that Sam Peter. Peter has been exposed or should I say his chin has been exposed. McCall knocks him out before the fight is half over.
sst is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #34
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sst
McCall will not beat Gomez but he would beat Peter. The hype surrounding Peter was was he had a iron chin and a big punch. He may have a big punch but he has not landed it since he moved from the "C" grade fighters he made his name on. As for his chin to say it is glass is a insult to glass. Thoes shots that had him on queer street were not big punches. Brock got nailed harder by McCline and got up and won the round. So lets just say even though Brock is not the most durable fighter in the divsion he certianlly is a lot more solid that Sam Peter. Peter has been exposed or should I say his chin has been exposed. McCall knocks him out before the fight is half over.
One bad night doesnt consitute a bad chin, he didnt get knocked out and ended up coming back to win the fight. Wlad has been knocked down 11 and has been TKOd 3 times, wouldnt you say thats more of a glass chin?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #35
sst
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
One bad night doesnt consitute a bad chin, he didnt get knocked out and ended up coming back to win the fight. Wlad has been knocked down 11 and has been TKOd 3 times, wouldnt you say thats more of a glass chin?
They are both glass but Peter cannot box so he has nothing to fall back on. Thoes shots that decked Peter were not huge punches. Like I said before Brock took a harder shot from McCline than any of the punches that had the frail Peter is so much trouble. He got up and won the round. Peter is nothing but a showtime hype job. He will get ktfo as soon as he fights a real contender for the paper belt Don King scored for him.
sst is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #36
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sst
They are both glass but Peter cannot box so he has nothing to fall back on. Thoes shots that decked Peter were not huge punches. Like I said before Brock took a harder shot from McCline than any of the punches that had the frail Peter is so much trouble. He got up and won the round. Peter is nothing but a showtime hype job. He will get ktfo as soon as he fights a real contender for the paper belt Don King scored for him.
Someone ban this retard please.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #37
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sst
And you could also say that Tyson took harder shots from Ruddick than he did from Williams and didnt go down, you must understand that Peter was not only rusty but didnt know his oppenent till a week and half before he was to fight him. If your sparring with a guy 6'2 in preperation for Maskaev and end up getting in with a guy whos 6'6 that fights nothing like Maskaev, how well do you expect a guy to do in there against a game oppenent?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #38
sst
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Someone ban this retard please.
The only retards around here are the suckers that bought into the Peter hype. The paper champ has had a total of 4 real fights against 3 real fighters. He has been hurt in 3 of them. Glass chin without a doubt.
sst is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #39
sst
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
And you could also say that Tyson took harder shots from Ruddick than he did from Williams and didnt go down, you must understand that Peter was not only rusty but didnt know his oppenent till a week and half before he was to fight him. If your sparring with a guy 6'2 in preperation for Maskaev and end up getting in with a guy whos 6'6 that fights nothing like Maskaev, how well do you expect a guy to do in there against a game oppenent?
I expect him to take a normal shot and not do the rubber chicken.
sst is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #40
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sst
I expect him to take a normal shot and not do the rubber chicken.
While Im not a huge Peter, I still think he just had a bad night as most fighters usually do and will come back against Maskaev better than ever. He made a mistake against Mccline and should learn from it, as most Peter haters are Im guessing your a huge Wlad fan?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum