Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
Mistadobalina
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default how long was felix savon's reach? and at what weight did he usually come in at?

sorry, couldn't find any exact numbers on google other than height, which is a bit above 6'6". the guy's wingspan seemed immense, even for someone of his height.
Mistadobalina is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Default Re: how long was felix savon's reach? and at what weight did he usually come in at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistadobalina
sorry, couldn't find any exact numbers on google other than height, which is a bit above 6'6". the guy's wingspan seemed immense, even for someone of his height.
I do not think Savon was 6'6"! He looked more like 6'3" I recall Briggs looked a shade taller when the meet, though its hard to say for sure because Briggs hair makes him look a bit taller. I have read Savon's reach was 78". I suppose Savon's height can be found in the Olympic archives.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Default Re: how long was felix savon's reach? and at what weight did he usually come in at?

He was 65 tall, and weighed ca. 220 lbs at his best, against DaVarryl Williamson he looked definitely bigger, and Williamson himself is 64...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2007, 02:52 AM   #4
Mistadobalina
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
I do not think Savon was 6'6"! He looked more like 6'3" I recall Briggs looked a shade taller when the meet, though its hard to say for sure because Briggs hair makes him look a bit taller. I have read Savon's reach was 78". I suppose Savon's height can be found in the Olympic archives.
the vid of his bout with briggs is on youtube, and savon appeared to be a good amount taller than him - and much broader shouldered at that. 6'3" is way too short, i believe. maybe your thinking of teofilo stevenson?

78" reach? wow, i never would've guessed. if that's true then i guess it's probably due to the fact that AM heavyweights are significantly leaner than when they turn professional, giving them a longer look. but again, savon seemed much more wide-shouldered and long armed when compared to briggs, who has an 80" wingspan.
Mistadobalina is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I thought Savon fought in the 91kg class.
Unforgiven is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum