Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Sam Soliman- The Contender

I know it has been discussed, but this place is pretty much a ghost town right now, with no activity from any current Aussie fighters. I reckon Sam fought well, and looked pretty much the same as always. He won a shutout against a credible opponent. He was landing punches and out working him. His opponent just fought defensively, and for the most part was content to move away and avoid engaging. I believe this is because Sam Soliman is just so aggressive and so hard to hit cleanly. It really puts into perspective just how good Mundines performance was against Sam. Sam got tagged a couple times for sure, but he was hard to follow up on because his head movement is so unorthadox. I think Sam is a good chance to win, depending on how good Paul Smith turns out to be. IMO Soliman would beat Cordington through sheer punch volume, and Bika the same way, provided his chin holds up.
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 01:51 AM   #2
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: Sam Soliman- The Contender

I dunno bout Soliman beating Bika.
I would favour Bika to beat Soliman at this current stage, as Bika has improved leaps bounds since their 1st fight which was very close.
Bika is much bigger than Soliman too.
Bika UD Soliman IMO.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #3
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Was this against that Alexander dude??

From what I saw Sam looked pretty hard to deal with as usual, the other bloke just was never given a chance to get off.

Mundine's win was pretty impressive and I dont think anyone will do that to Soliman again but I think Sam isnt the same guy who beat the crap out of Joval and gave Winky hell.
His fight previous to Choc showed this a bit.
I like that Smith guy, besides Sam and Sakio Id like to see him get the final prize.
Codrington is a good fighter, one of the better offensive talents in the competition. His chin will betray him at some point though, I mean he may not get stopped but I think someone will get him thinking twice about taking risks with it.
I think Sam and him would be a very close fight actually, Sam hasnt got the power to trouble Codrington and Codrington with a bit of confidence is a formidable opponant.

Im actually starting to think that Sam's style is more suited to the longer fights and though he can throw a million punches, the short ones wont be to his advantage all that much. Cause he wont be that much fresher than the other guy, I reckon Sam's forte is running rings around guys once they are out of steam.
I reckon Sakio isnt benefited from the shorter ones a little more acutally.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #4
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I shouldn't be reading this thread, i'm watching the fox 8 coverage which showed the 2nd eposide last night.... i'm now going away.
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #5
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
I shouldn't be reading this thread, i'm watching the fox 8 coverage which showed the 2nd eposide last night.... i'm now going away.
Sorry mate. I will put up spoiler warnings next time for you
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #6
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Sorry mate. I will put up spoiler warnings next time for you
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 AM   #7
Maxime
Sweet Science
ESB Addict

vCash: 171

It could be worst. Like I could tell you the name of the two finalists that will fight on November 6th.
Maxime is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #8
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Maxine start a thread containing the names of the finalists with a spoiler notice. If people dont want to know they wont go in. BUT I WANT TO KNOW. Lets have it.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 06:06 AM   #9
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
I dunno bout Soliman beating Bika.
I would favour Bika to beat Soliman at this current stage, as Bika has improved leaps bounds since their 1st fight which was very close.
Bika is much bigger than Soliman too.
Bika UD Soliman IMO.

I would be glad to see Soliman win this though. He seems like a very nice guy, but I think he has seen his best days in a boxing ring. I can't see him beating Bika or Codrington at the moment.
Let us be fair, he doesn't really belong in a ring with genuine 168'ers, he is simply too small.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 06:08 AM   #10
Maxime
Sweet Science
ESB Addict

vCash: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
Maxine start a thread containing the names of the finalists with a spoiler notice. If people dont want to know they wont go in. BUT I WANT TO KNOW. Lets have it.
If you really want to know sent me a PM and I'll tell you.
Maxime is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 AM   #11
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Mundine's win was pretty impressive and I dont think anyone will do that to Soliman again
Oh, I'm pretty sure I could mention at least a handfull of guys that would do the same to Soliman in a 12-rounder at 168.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #12
zalman
Journeyman

Hmm, I think Sam Soliman has an excellent chance in winning, due to his extremely unorthodox style. Unless his opponents can get used to his movement, they don't stand much of a chance in catching him, epecially as he has a pretty solid chin.

Last edited by angeleyes; 08-04-2006 at 04:55 PM.
zalman is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #13
percy davo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

you know what I have seen a few of solimans fights and although he won I think he got tagged to many times compared to his older fights which went longer and less was landed.
He got caught with that upper cut one to many times and I think the fight with Mundine has taken its toll on him he is just not the same fighter as two years ago.
I bet Bika will be there at the end though he allready has the other fightwers worried and he has not faught yet.
percy davo is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 03:18 AM   #14
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy davo
you know what I have seen a few of solimans fights and although he won I think he got tagged to many times compared to his older fights which went longer and less was landed.
He got caught with that upper cut one to many times and I think the fight with Mundine has taken its toll on him he is just not the same fighter as two years ago.
I bet Bika will be there at the end though he allready has the other fightwers worried and he has not faught yet.
Excellent observation. Agree totally.

That fight against that Alexander dude showed that Sam is not what he was.

For a guy who wasn't punching, Alexander was catching him clean way too often. And Sam just didn't have any snap on his punches.

You can stick a fork in Sammy. He is done!
perfect jet is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum