Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Duran vs Benn at MW
Duran KO 13 27.66%
Duran Dec 7 14.89%
Benn KO 25 53.19%
Benn Dec 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #16
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 75
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

love how you're seeing positives for Duran in this sparring sessions, anarci. Duran's being chosen here is ****ing ridiculous
Pachilles is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #17
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
love how you're seeing positives for Duran in this sparring sessions, anarci. Duran's being chosen here is ****ing ridiculous
Anyone that thinks Benn would overwhem Duran doesnt know Boxing

I didnt have to see the sparring session i already knew it, but that should give you an idea.
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 75
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Anyone that thinks Benn would overwhem Duran doesnt know Boxing

I didnt have to see the sparring session i already knew it, but that should give you an idea.
The sparring session means nothing...but if you're going to pull out positives for Duran in that clip i think you're insane, it shows exactly how he would've been overwhelmed if anything. I made this poll as a joke poll, a test. Benn is natural at the weight, faster, stronger and has more heart than Duran. It would be a domination. The middleweight Hearns was also far less deadly than the welterweight version, and would suffer a similar fate, bring drawn into a firefight and stopped in the mid-rounds. The englishman is being sold short here once again.
Pachilles is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:12 AM   #19
enquirer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Benn at 160 was a ****ing animal,with great power and some speed.
However,he was too wild for a technician like 83 duran,and would be countered to death and stopped. Look at benn/watson for an idea.
Now benn at 168 was a different animal,and learned to settle,box and move his head. At 168 benn beats duran on points.
I know this is pachilles favourite boy,so i know hes going to get upset,but benn was much better all-round at 168,he must see that?
I have matched ALL of benns fights,when they happened,and loved his style. A true middleweight mike tyson in agression,but without the refined skills or concrete chin.
enquirer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 75
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirer View Post
Benn at 160 was a ****ing animal,with great power and some speed.
However,he was too wild for a technician like 83 duran,and would be countered to death and stopped. Look at benn/watson for an idea.
Now benn at 168 was a different animal,and learned to settle,box and move his head. At 168 benn beats duran on points.
I know this is pachilles favourite boy,so i know hes going to get upset,but benn was much better all-round at 168,he must see that?
I have matched ALL of benns fights,when they happened,and loved his style. A true middleweight mike tyson in agression,but without the refined skills or concrete chin.
Nothing to do with him being my boy, Benn was already a monster at MW. Duran was not such a force at MW, i know you arent capable of seeing that though.

Common opponents at MW:

Iran Barkley = Duran SD win....Benn TKO Rd 1 win
Robbie Simms = Duran SD loss....Benn KO rd 7 win
Pachilles is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #21
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 166
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
Nothing to do with him being my boy, Benn was already a monster at MW. Duran was not such a force at MW, i know you arent capable of seeing that though.

Common opponents at MW:

Iran Barkley = Duran SD win....Benn TKO Rd 1 win
Robbie Simms = Duran SD loss....Benn KO rd 7 win

Im in awe of your analytical skills Pachilles.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #22
enquirer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Was benn more of a monster at 160 than 83 hagler pachilles?
I guarantee you hagler of 83 would have spat benn into the garbage can and RUINED him. Benn has ZERO chance against 83 hagler of even going ten rounds.
If you want to analyse a boxing match by common opponents,then how come duran beat leonard and barkley,while hearns lost to both?
When you learn that discussing outcomes is not 'linear' like that,you might get somewhere.
And for the record,i love benn,a true ****ing warrior. I think he possibly might have been able to defeat the hearns of the roldan fight,but any time before he gets starched. I dont underrate benn,i know at middle he has the power and speed to defeat a lot of guys in a one off bout.
enquirer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #23
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,035
vCash: 418
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
love how you're seeing positives for Duran in this sparring sessions, anarci. Duran's being chosen here is ****ing ridiculous
Hes always biased for latino fighters. I pick Benn to win by decision, I think Duran is wily enough to stop himself getting knocked out but Benn is just a better middleweight than Duran ever was, this is obviously not a reflection on whose a better fighter, Duran was a legend but Benn is too big, strong and quick and Duran wouldnt be able to hurt him, he has an underrated chin.
essexboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #24
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 75
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Im in awe of your analytical skills Pachilles.
What do you want a long, drawn out 5 page essay of bullshit praising Duran in a typical regurgitated know it all net nerd style fashion? Because i thought i'd just skip that and state the undeniable facts.
Pachilles is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #25
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

I think Benn was better at 168, from 1991 to the McClellan fight in 1995 than he was in his middleweight "Dark Destroyer" days, or when he fought Eubank the first time in 1990.

Watson and Eubank both stopped him when he was middleweight, but I think Benn improved at 168, sometimes too refined in his approach but better all-round.

At 160, I'd expect the best middlweight version of Duran to beat him. Watson and Eubank did, and did so inside of 6 and 9 rounds respectively.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #26
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
The sparring session means nothing...but if you're going to pull out positives for Duran in that clip i think you're insane, it shows exactly how he would've been overwhelmed if anything. I made this poll as a joke poll, a test. Benn is natural at the weight, faster, stronger and has more heart than Duran. It would be a domination. The middleweight Hearns was also far less deadly than the welterweight version, and would suffer a similar fate, bring drawn into a firefight and stopped in the mid-rounds.The englishman is being sold short here once again .
No way if anything he is being given too much credit, but im glad you made the poll public because a few (not all) of the guys who picked Benn are either trolls or Duran haters, many of the ones who picked Duran are knowledgeable. Benn is Overrated !!!
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #27
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I think Benn was better at 168, from 1991 to the McClellan fight in 1995 than he was in his middleweight "Dark Destroyer" days, or when he fought Eubank the first time in 1990.

Watson and Eubank both stopped him when he was middleweight, but I think Benn improved at 168, sometimes too refined in his approach but better all-round.

At 160, I'd expect the best middlweight version of Duran to beat him. Watson and Eubank did, and did so inside of 6 and 9 rounds respectively.
Good post Benn was much better at SMW .
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #28
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 75
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirer View Post
Was benn more of a monster at 160 than 83 hagler pachilles?
I guarantee you hagler of 83 would have spat benn into the garbage can and RUINED him. Benn has ZERO chance against 83 hagler of even going ten rounds.
If you want to analyse a boxing match by common opponents,then how come duran beat leonard and barkley,while hearns lost to both?
When you learn that discussing outcomes is not 'linear' like that,you might get somewhere.
And for the record,i love benn,a true ****ing warrior. I think he possibly might have been able to defeat the hearns of the roldan fight,but any time before he gets starched. I dont underrate benn,i know at middle he has the power and speed to defeat a lot of guys in a one off bout.
On the basis that Duran lost a wide UD to Hagler and did nothing else significant at the weight, he would beat a fully fledged middleweight monster in Nigel Benn?
Pachilles is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #29
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 166
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
What do you want a long, drawn out 5 page essay of bullshit praising Duran in a typical regurgitated know it all net nerd style fashion? Because i thought i'd just skip that and state the undeniable facts.

Do whatever you want mate...but you embarrass yourself more and more with your childish rants. You really expect us to take your opinion seriously with that bullshit?

You really seem to just trawl through the search pages just looking to find threads about Duran so you can rubbish him in one way or another..its really very unhealthy.

Again..get that sand out of your vagina and relax..its just a boxing forum for ****s sake.
Duran is one of the greatest fighters ever and no amount of your hissy fits is going to change the vast majority of learned boxing fan's opinions on that.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #30
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roberto Duran vs Nigel Benn @MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
On the basis that Duran lost a wide UD to Hagler and did nothing else significant at the weight, he would beat a fully fledged middleweight monster in Nigel Benn?
WTF did you even see the Hagler-Duran fight? Wide decision my ass ! That was a pretty close fight. Besides Benn got his ass kicked by Michael Watson. Duran gives Hagler all he wanted. Which sounds better to you?
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013