Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300
Default Tua v Ahunanya... 2 weeks to go...

Friday is looking very sharp in the gym and is today... March 13th 228lbs.. While Tua is still in the high 260's i guess.. Roger Bloodworth can talk all he wants, But Friday is very up for this and i just Hope Tua wasn't dithering when he signed the contract, or he will find himself tired late in the 10th with no where to hide.. God Bless.. Buy your PPV's ASAP..

We arent pissin about , Friday is comin to fight.. He is on the plane on Thursday.. Sparring is intense and Tua is in for a Royale Shock..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tua v Ahunanya... 2 weeks to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Friday is looking very sharp in the gym and is today... March 13th 228lbs.. While Tua is still in the high 260's i guess.. Roger Bloodworth can talk all he wants, But Friday is very up for this and i just Hope Tua wasn't dithering when he signed the contract, or he will find himself tired late in the 10th with no where to hide.. God Bless.. Buy your PPV's ASAP..

We arent pissin about , Friday is comin to fight.. He is on the plane on Thursday.. Sparring is intense and Tua is in for a Royale Shock..
Thats good news....I'm sure it will be a big fight....I was quite impressed with the Friday v Cameron fight....however missed his last fight.

Looking forward to this one for sure
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Pusnuts
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Im not convinced by Tua yet that he really is committed to a genuine title attempt, or that he was just getting up for the local derby with Cameron to disprove his doubters at home. He still needs the money so lets hope he is properly motivated with genuine belief he can be competitive for tough rounds vs a Klit, and not back to plodding mode against journeymen.
Pusnuts is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
diehard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah, yeah. Tua is about 240 right now, and has been training the house down in the gym. Bigcat, looking forward to Friday's team coming in Thursday to Auckland. We'll be waiting. Hope you enjoy NZ, except for the result. I'll be ringside.

Bigcat. Where is the fight on PPV, other than in OZ?
diehard is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Yeah, yeah. Tua is about 240 right now, and has been training the house down in the gym. Bigcat, looking forward to Friday's team coming in Thursday to Auckland. We'll be waiting. Hope you enjoy NZ, except for the result. I'll be ringside.

Bigcat. Where is the fight on PPV, other than in OZ?
Great news about Davids weight...whats he target fight weight....235?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Tua will crack Friday's chin like an egg... if this goes longer than 6 i will be surprised
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Tua will crack Friday's chin like an egg... if this goes longer than 6 i will be surprised
Tend to strongly agree.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
diehard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tua will come in around 237, same weight as against Cameron. Right now, they're more interested in his fitness than his weight. He should be in terrific shape, as he was at an ok weight going into his 8 week camp.
diehard is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!

Friday has never been popped as long as i have known him, and its a new one on him too... David can crack sure, but he also can be made to look like a one trick pony...

Hope he brings his A-Game........ Its a great opportunity for both fellers.....

Tua is only able to crack guys who allow him to do so .... Looking forward to a great event.. I can't be there, and its really killing me to not be able to work this fight but everything is well in its place, Luis Tapia is with him and Luis has known him almost as long as i have . i have great trust........
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #10
diehard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sorry I'll miss you at the fight, Bigcat. How did his sparring go with Peter and Rahman? Any descriptions? I agree with you, Friday has never? been on the canvas, and it'll take a lot to put him there.
diehard is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #11
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Sorry I'll miss you at the fight, Bigcat. How did his sparring go with Peter and Rahman? Any descriptions? I agree with you, Friday has never? been on the canvas, and it'll take a lot to put him there.
Yeah, I am especially interested in hearing about the sparring sessions with Rahman...
Charles White is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Charles, Luis told me that Tua's people were told that Friday had been prepairing by sparring with Hasim Rahman, but in realism , i don't actually think Rahman and Friday did get into the same ring.. Friday has been doing a lot of different sparring but even though Rahman would have been ideal and is just local... they have NOT been sparring, i will ask Luis the actual facts , but i dont from reading between the lines think Rahman wanted to partake....
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
diehard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

And Bigcat, what about Peter? Was that also not true? If so, who has he been sparring with?
diehard is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2010, 02:16 AM   #14
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Charles, Luis told me that Tua's people were told that Friday had been prepairing by sparring with Hasim Rahman, but in realism , i don't actually think Rahman and Friday did get into the same ring.. Friday has been doing a lot of different sparring but even though Rahman would have been ideal and is just local... they have NOT been sparring, i will ask Luis the actual facts , but i dont from reading between the lines think Rahman wanted to partake....
Hmm..disappointing that these sparring sessions never took place. I would have loved to have seen them come off. But what's done is done. Who has Friday been sparring with then Bigcat? Btw, how have you been my friend? It has been a long time since we last spoke.
Charles White is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #15
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I don't think Sammy and Friday have been sparing for this fight, but they have sparred extensively in the past... Samuel only lives down the street but often trains at a different facility... Fridays best sparring was with Peter and Ruslin in the past, but to condition himself for past fights he has made good of sparring with young fast active boxers with no real name of note... As long as he is sharp its all good.. We had a great MMA guy years ago called Jame come down to get him ready for Ibragimov.. He was huge and only had basic experience, but i was staggered when i heard he was only 21.. He was so durable and rugged. He stood in there better than anyone and he was invaluable.. He had rolls of braids like a rastafarian. and was great attribute to the prepairation.. I havent been in America for this camp but i have heard that Friday has been active as hell and his weight is lower by far than usual.. Sam would have been great help, and i do suppose that if he had not been away for a fight of his own against Nagy Aguilera , he would have been willing to help as would Sergei, both great guys.. God bless, if i do hear anything i will throw it your way.. Friday is taking this fight as the most serious issue in his career... He flies tomorrow........ I will phone them tomorrow..
Bigcat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum