Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
fg2227
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 1000
Default Holmes berbick street fight

What's the background for this fight? And why was holmes
running on top of cars?
fg2227 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #2
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,833
vCash: 0
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

If I remember correctly; Holmes put down Berbick in a pre fight press conference (Holmes/Anderson) and Berbick claimed Holmes was the reason his marriage finished.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Holmes left a lot to be desired in the class department. If that had been Mike Tyson who supposedly insulted Larry, would Larry leap over cars trying to get at Mike?
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
godking
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 561
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74
Holmes left a lot to be desired in the class department. If that had been Mike Tyson who supposedly insulted Larry, would Larry leap over cars trying to get at Mike?
Yes he would.

Holmes could be an asshole but he was not a coward.
godking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74
Holmes left a lot to be desired in the class department. If that had been Mike Tyson who supposedly insulted Larry, would Larry leap over cars trying to get at Mike?
Yes. Larry has a temper, and he hates it when people disrespect him, and his family. And Berbick did that, and then some. Larry beat him on the streets, then it got broken up. Berbick ran his mouth again, Larry jumped over the car, kicked him in the face, hit him a few more times while wrestling on the ground, then Larry's trainer Cliff jumped over the car and tried getting the guards off, and then my trainer went around the car, and joined the dog pile, and ended up beating up Cliff on accident.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
JohnBKelly
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 89
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Holmes jumping off that car is one of the funniest things I have seen. Berbick was a strange man who had a bad habit of antagonising people.
JohnBKelly is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
dmille
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 995
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

The SOB accosted Holmes' wife. He deserved worse.
dmille is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 AM   #8
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74
Holmes left a lot to be desired in the class department. If that had been Mike Tyson who supposedly insulted Larry, would Larry leap over cars trying to get at Mike?
Actually in his prime i reckon he would have. Holmes has a mean streak, he mightn't have the wild reputation of Duran, Fenech and maybe Monzon but the man had some fury.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #9
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Ive seen Larry on 2 separate occasions this year get in a guys face, and about 1 notch away from kicking their ass. Both were loud mouthes who were insulting him and bothering everyone. The one guy said to Larry "Your an old man, you want to take this up into the ring? You aint so tough!", Larry replied "Why should I walk into the ring to kick your ass when I can do it right the **** here?!?" the guy left Larry alone and never came back. The other one was a mexican a few weeks ago. He's a nut...drugs screwed him up. He talks to walls, and got into an argument with him self in the mirror...it was very funny watching him cuss him self out to the mirror. He only talks mexican, and Larry was on the phone, and the guy started yelling at Larry, Larry told him to go away, the guy got really pissed and got in Larry's face, and Larry said "hold on 1 second" and put the phone down and said "GET OUT!" the guy left.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:23 AM   #10
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234
Ive seen Larry on 2 separate occasions this year get in a guys face, and about 1 notch away from kicking their ass. Both were loud mouthes who were insulting him and bothering everyone. The one guy said to Larry "Your an old man, you want to take this up into the ring? You aint so tough!", Larry replied "Why should I walk into the ring to kick your ass when I can do it right the **** here?!?" the guy left Larry alone and never came back. The other one was a mexican a few weeks ago. He's a nut...drugs screwed him up. He talks to walls, and got into an argument with him self in the mirror...it was very funny watching him cuss him self out to the mirror. He only talks mexican, and Larry was on the phone, and the guy started yelling at Larry, Larry told him to go away, the guy got really pissed and got in Larry's face, and Larry said "hold on 1 second" and put the phone down and said "GET OUT!" the guy left.
I must admit, i loved those two stories haha. Good stuff Bill.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Right now he's getting sued for some guy getting into a car crash. The guy was going to Larry's gym, and got into a car crash, and blamed Larry who was on the other side of the country. Stupid people like that make me sick.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #12
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234
Right now he's getting sued for some guy getting into a car crash. The guy was going to Larry's gym, and got into a car crash, and blamed Larry who was on the other side of the country. Stupid people like that make me sick.


Luigi1985 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #13
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
My first look was: ...then ...then ...then
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #14
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234
My first look was: ...then ...then ...then


Luigi1985 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #15
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes berbick street fight

Now the guys pissed because he isn't allowd back in the gym.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013