boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,164
vCash: 700
Default Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

From a Sky Sports Interview:

“To unify the titles against Wladimir or Vitali [Klitschko] would be absolutely huge for my legacy. If it doesn’t happen in two years, then it doesn’t happen. However, I will find someone to secure my legacy with.”
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
KO KIDD
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,157
vCash: 835
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

He wants the fight but he is also saying if it doesn't come off he will fight who ever it takes to get his due. He's not saying it will not happen
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,400
vCash: 1010
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post
From a Sky Sports Interview:

“To unify the titles against Wladimir or Vitali [Klitschko] would be absolutely huge for my legacy. If it doesn’t happen in two years, then it doesn’t happen. However, I will find someone to secure my legacy with.”
he really doesn't need them now. Haye needs more experience before he fights either Klitchko. They are too big for him. I think he should defend his title against other guys and gain experience. Otherwise he will lose to them by knockout and never be the fighter he could become.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
KO KIDD
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,157
vCash: 835
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
he really doesn't need them now. Haye needs more experience before he fights either Klitchko. They are too big for him. I think he should defend his title against other guys and gain experience. Otherwise he will lose to them by knockout and never be the fighter he could become.
Agreed he needs to beat Valuev more convincing hopefully inside 12 then beat the Meehan Chag winner big and then consider the fights. He needs them for his resume if he wants to be what he hypes himself to be but to be the best he can just wait for them to retire and take all the belts
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,151
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

he's right.

he wants to fight them, but he can secure his legacy without them.

spot on
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,164
vCash: 700
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
Agreed he needs to beat Valuev more convincing hopefully inside 12 then beat the Meehan Chag winner big and then consider the fights. He needs them for his resume if he wants to be what he hypes himself to be but to be the best he can just wait for them to retire and take all the belts
#1. I don't think Haye can beat either Klitschko

#2. No other heavyweight fighters can secure his legacy. Waiting until they both retire would do absolutely nothing positive for his legacy.
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 AM   #7
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,164
vCash: 700
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
he's right.

he wants to fight them, but he can secure his legacy without them.

spot on
How can he secure his legacy without fighting a Klitschko?

He went on and on and on about them, and then pulled out twice.
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #8
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 36,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Haye has already proven that he never wanted to fight Vitali or Vlad, which is why he broke two contracts with them and ran.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 AM   #9
KO KIDD
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,157
vCash: 835
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post
#1. I don't think Haye can beat either Klitschko

#2. No other heavyweight fighters can secure his legacy. Waiting until they both retire would do absolutely nothing positive for his legacy.
I dont think he beats them either but he has a good chance better than anybody else.

Not saying a purposeful duck of the brothers til retirement but in all honesty he'll never fight Vitali the rematch with Valuev then the Mandatory Vitali is gonna retire in a year or so. He may get Wlad but if that never materializes Wlad will retire young with no opposition left. Haye can make up for no bros on his record by unifying the 4 belts something Lewis and Wlad or Vitali never did. Also he can still beat guys like Adamek Solis Areolla and a **** load of young Euro's.

I dont like Haye that much and I'd hate if the bros n him never fight its like the Manny Floyd of the HWT's but if it does not happen Haye has other routes
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #10
LukeO
Erik Morales is God
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,901
vCash: 133
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

I wouldn't go near wlad if I was david haye.

Suicide mission.
LukeO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #11
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,151
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

The thing about boxing is that there are many paths to greatness even in a klitschko-dominated heavyweight division.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #12
KO KIDD
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,157
vCash: 835
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeO View Post
I wouldn't go near wlad if I was david haye.

Suicide mission.
Haye makes way too many mistakes and like all Wlad challengers he relis on power alone if he cant get Wlad out he will be dumbfounded and without a strategy and get hammered
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #13
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,035
vCash: 750
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeO View Post
I wouldn't go near wlad if I was david haye.

Suicide mission.

I think he can beat Wlad. Wlad has no chin, he might have a good jab but thats his only weapon, and we've seen Wlad get knocked out before.

No I don't believe Wlad will have an easy time with Haye because Haye a long reach and is a puncher.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #14
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,035
vCash: 750
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
Haye makes way too many mistakes and like all Wlad challengers he relis on power alone if he cant get Wlad out he will be dumbfounded and without a strategy and get hammered

You act as if Wlad can take a punch from Haye. If Haye could knock down Ruiz he could knock out Wlad. Ruiz has a better chin than Wlad.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #15
LukeO
Erik Morales is God
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,901
vCash: 133
Default Re: Haye Talks About NOT Needing to Fight Wlad or Vitali

I wouldn't put a penny on haye to stop the current version of Wlad.... No way.
LukeO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015