Old 04-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #152
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Jet yes his weight has been all over the place which has made it difficult. He knows super middle is just to big so thats the reason he has come down. The Medley fight was good because he brought his weight down properly and is now comfortable at the lighter weight. Making 154lb which is also an option wont be a problem because he is now doing it right. Against Rob he held back a bit worrying about his strength in the later rounds. Now he knows he can be more aggressive for the whole 12 rounds he should be better next time around.
Better in what way? he has fought at 160 a few times now against scrubs and hasn't come close to knocking them out, saying Medley was a good fight for him is absolute ****ing crap, Medley is a B level domestic fighter, if Mundine is/was what his fans hold him up to he should of sliced and diced medley and had him out of there in no more than 5 rounds.

The Mundine of a few years back would of done that, saying your not being a yes man when his time has clearly passed to do anything on the world stage is just procedure, i respect you'rein his team but the constant sugar coating of his current level of opposition etc is puke level.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #153
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Ash the only thing I can reply to all the knockers is the proof is in the pudding. I thought he boxed well against Rob Medley and I am confident the improvement will continue. People are going to put him down whether he fights well or not. His skill is the best in our country right now. His speed and power is good although I would like him to sit down on his punches a bit more. His health hopefully will be right when he gets back from America.
He was very good vs Medley. Sure he didnt knock him out but he was very sharp and accurate in that fight.

What have you got him working on lately?
teke is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #154
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
The decision was unanimous IBM. Your boy just wasnt up to it on the night. So please stop getting angry and get over it. I didnt belt him Anthony did. Now he is a cruiserweight I have never stated once he moved up to get away from Anthony. Choc should of fought at either 160 or 154lb from day one. He is not physically big enough to fight at super middleweight against world class fighters. Now he is settling in at the lighter division he should start to excel. His main goal now is to attempt to win a world title now at these lighter divisions. He will get around to your boy possibly after that.
Brilliant! In your effort to avoid any of the tough questions you're starting to write between the lines with a big black texta - you essentially say that Woods isn't seen as being a world class SMW...we all know that of course, but it's funny how you claim Choc's next 2 fights will see him stepping up, your post now tells us he'll definitely be stepping back down to fight a less than world class SMW, according to you, "to give another Aussie fighter a big payday"

How about answering my questions Flash, instead of avoiding them?

You're not so backward when it comes to talking about the good stuff, why bother if you can't hack the hard stuff?

You're looking more and more like a plain old yesman as each day goes by, you know?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #155
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
He was very good vs Medley. Sure he didnt knock him out but he was very sharp and accurate in that fight.

Lets put things in perspective my man, Mundine claims he's chasing Pavlik but in all honesty Pavlik wld've had Medley out of there within 3-4rds yet Mundine goes the distance.

Can't remember the young Brit that Pav fought not so long ago, but he was better than Medley and Pavlik had him outta there in about 5rds.
kel is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #156
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:

Ok, compare his win against Medley to his 2nd win against Soliman.

Or lets just compare that version of Soliman to the current version of Medley.

Soliman was known abroad and had a reputation of being an awkward tough tricky opponent.

Medley is known domestically and is known for being tough in his weight division.

Lets not underestimate the gulf in class between the domestic scene and international scene. It's like comparing the A-League to the EPL FFS!

Considering that Medley went the distance and took rounds off him and Soliman did neither, how can you say that he put in a very good performance?

Mundine's done mate. All thats left for him is to make some coin by milking cunts like TCW.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #157
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #158
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Brilliant! In your effort to avoid any of the tough questions you're starting to write between the lines with a big black texta - you essentially say that Woods isn't seen as being a world class SMW...we all know that of course, but it's funny how you claim Choc's next 2 fights will see him stepping up, your post now tells us he'll definitely be stepping back down to fight a less than world class SMW, according to you, "to give another Aussie fighter a big payday"

How about answering my questions Flash, instead of avoiding them?

You're not so backward when it comes to talking about the good stuff, why bother if you can't hack the hard stuff?

You're looking more and more like a plain old yesman as each day goes by, you know?
Thats what i have noticed...his constant Green is obsessed with mundine, yet it was mundine and his camp begging Green to come out of retirement...Siaca is a joke of a fight , yet Siaca took Mundines title...Medley was a good fight...the same Medley that was smashed by a former lightweight, Green only fight at catch weights, but Mundine has fought a prime person at his own weight when lets see?

Shannon Taylor...was pretty good at 140-147 10 years ago
Nader Hamden...was best knwon at 154 from beating domnestic fighters.
we alway shave geale who was unproven but apaprently since he gave mumdine a challenge he is suddenly world calss

So balmain care to comment about Mundiens efforts instead of Green who has won real title and is now known world wide for sparking RJJ in record time, but ala you will dribble Mundine is in top shape blah he looks great...as he should against scrubs.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #159
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
how can you say that he put in a very good performance?
How can I say his performance was good?

Easy cause it was. He threw alot of sharp accurate punches, hardly got hit and won almost all the rounds easy. That in most ppls mind could be classified as a good performance

Whether he is shot or not it was a good performance

I only spoke about how he looked in this fight, i didnt speak of anything else you ranted about.
teke is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #160
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
How can I say his performance was good?

Easy cause it was. He threw alot of sharp accurate punches, hardly got hit and won almost all the rounds easy. That in most ppls mind could be classified as a good performance

Whether he is shot or not it was a good performance

I only spoke about how he looked in this fight, i didnt speak of anything else you ranted about.
You said he was 'very good' against Medley, and although you didn't say it on this thread, but you have said that Mundine isn't on the decline, and have in fact said that he's a better fighter nowdays.

I'm just waiting for you to admit that you got it wrong, and that he's done like a burnt sanga.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #161
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Teke... he looked shit in the Medley fight. He performed shit in the Medley fight. Timing, power, rythym.. all shit. His jab being the difference between the two fighters.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #162
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

IBM the fight with Garth will go ahead because Khoder was approached by the people of the contender who asked would Choc sign a deal to fight the winner of the show. It was part of the promotion to sell the show to the public. The people who are handling Garth have agreed to put him on Chocs next show to help the promote him. But you would of known that. When did I say Garth will be fighting Choc in one of his next two fights? Shanemfr the REAL world title you are talking about is the IBO title he is defending against Siaca. I have noticed something also. You dont have a clue.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #163
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
You said he was 'very good' against Medley, and although you didn't say it on this thread, but you have said that Mundine isn't on the decline, and have in fact said that he's a better fighter nowdays.

I'm just waiting for you to admit that you got it wrong, and that he's done like a burnt sanga.
Yes he was very good, if he was bad or average it would have shown

There are obvious parts to his game that have improved or been developed compared to the 1st half of his career. Physically he may have declined but the brother has improved his tool box wouldnt you agree Balmain
teke is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #164
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Flamengo have a look at Chocs fight before he fought Medley then compare it to the Medley fight. Then tell me there was no improvement.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #165
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Teke... he looked shit in the Medley fight. He performed shit in the Medley fight. Timing, power, rythym.. all shit. His jab being the difference between the two fighters.
I hope your Ring mag articles are more pleasant than this.

Only his jab the difference
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum