Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #241
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

flash mate unfortunatley no matter who he fights people here will bag his choice and others will applaud it. The problem is with Choc and Greeny no matter what they do you will have people either love them or hate them and nothing anyone says or does will change that point of view. I think Chocs next fight is a great one and he looks to be going very well in the gym so one I am looking forward to however once it is announced the people who bag him will continue and the people who love him will jump for joy. at the end of the day as you know choc and danny are happy in there decisions and most of there fans are happy as well and i think that is the way it will continue and i would be surprised if more then 1% of people changed there opinions in the next 12 months no matter who the 2 of them fight
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #242
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 10151
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Firstly IBM yes I honestly believe Choc should never fought at s/m because he wasnt big enough to fight at that weight. Your boy had no problem with s/m winning the interim WBC title and being robbed of the full WBC title in Germany. It wasnt until he was soundly beaten by Choc that he discovered he had a weight problem. Do you think Garth is world class? Between you and me I dont. IBM like I have stated he should of been fighting at either middleweight or junior middle from day one. When was the last time Danny Green put a dollar in a fellow Australians pocket? Even Daniel Geales people admire Choc for that. But I bet you dont.
jUST ON THE WEIGH ISSUE
Danny really struggled in the Beyer rematch with his weight and it well and trully showed hence the reason he fought his next few fights at above 168 before going back to 168 to fight choc.
As for Danny putting money into fellow aussies pockets ask Jason Delisle or Dino about how generous Danny is.
After fighting Jase Danny shouted them breakfast the next day and handed Jason 10k extra because he gave him such a good workout.
I could also go on about some young boxers he supports back in WA
left jab danny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #243
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

LJD not to mention travelling to Hobart to raise 100K for 2 children charities
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #244
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
The Fist magazine is now owned by Angelo Hyder who is the trainer of both Vic and Danny Green. Did you think he would of put Choc above the two guys he gets money from. Its called common sense.
Exactly...kind of how you're on Mundine's payroll and wouldn't ever say anything bad about him, even if it was the truth
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #245
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Rodin I understand you are another doubter. I honestly think you doubters will rubbish him who ever he fights. Its a shame because if he was filipino, Indonesian or mexican all of the threads here would be positive. I bet the threads here make you proud to be Australian. It certainly gives me a tingle.
Since you've asked the question Flash:

1/ As you know, Australians admire people who have a go....and they aren't too fond of 'big fish' intent on hanging around in 'little ponds' NOT having a go....many would equate it to 'bullying'.

2/ Australians detest people who make a big noise about things and then don't back it up with actions....the loud, bragging types that then don't do what they said they would, have never been appreciated by Aussies.

IMO Anthony cashes in on turning the population against him, and therefore filling stadiums with people predominantly there to see him lose.

Then he turns around and wonders why he's unpopular and doesn't get the respect he thinks he's entitled to.

Feel free to disagree with the above. By that's my experience of Australians over numerous decades mate.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #246
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Just like all the Choc nuthuggers on his paycheck wouldnt dare speak the truth about his pathetic opposition. Its called common sense.
ZING!!!!!
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #247
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
You walked right into that one Balmain.

I do understand why youre doing it though Balmain. If you said that he is a shadow of his former self to an already struggling with self belief Mundine you wouldn't be on his payroll for long.

Better to play along and get paid for it rather than tell it straight and be stuck browsing the classifieds.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #248
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Like I have said months ago Choc will be stepping up. I am sure people who are in the know like Kegsy will clear his throat and tell you. Please dont hold back with the insults if you dont agree with anything I say. Im here for you.
No mate, what'll happen is you'll continue to beat up on how good his next opponent is, it'll be revealed to be another can, and then you'll be in here for another few months arguing the finer attributes of what makes an opponent a can as opposed to a world class one.

If you can't tell us who it is now, can you tell us if they are ranked within the top 10 of any of the 4 major orgs?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #249
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
No mate, what'll happen is you'll continue to beat up on how good his next opponent is, it'll be revealed to be another can, and then you'll be in here for another few months arguing the finer attributes of what makes an opponent a can as opposed to a world class one.

If you can't tell us who it is now, can you tell us if they are ranked within the top 10 of any of the 4 major orgs?
it will be better than any of green opponents since his come back, the MAN is coming back with a bang.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:18 AM   #250
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Rodin I understand you are another doubter. I honestly think you doubters will rubbish him who ever he fights. Its a shame because if he was filipino, Indonesian or mexican all of the threads here would be positive. I bet the threads here make you proud to be Australian. It certainly gives me a tingle.
No mate. There is a difference between blind loyalty & objective assessment.

We have very good reason to suspect that his next opponent may not be a genuine world class title contender, & that's because Anthony has been saying for years that he "Wants to fight the best"
We didn't ask him to take on the world in a blaze of dazzling boxing supremacy, HE said he was.
All we've been saying is simply,, "When?"

It becomes a bit of an embarrassment when you're trying to encourage mates to get to the fights, & when someone of Anthony's skill comes along. we believe we've really got something to sell.
He kicks off with a storm of public awareness making offensive comparisons about sporting greats & Ali immitations & gets offside with fans to generate the a frenzy of us & thems who all bought tickets.
To date his record on "the best", as opposed to "comfortable fights" is pretty heavily stacked against what he promised.
You/He can't have it both ways mate.

He's making the decisions. If he thinks he's fighting the best, even his most ardent sane supporter has to be in conflict with his asessment & what is generally regarded by astute boxing people, are worlds apart.

We can have one of these circular arguements about his benevolence to other boxers but that's the same as arguing that while he doesn't pay his undercard with anything but tickets, his notoriety generally assures them a reasonable purse as well as a TV appearance.
However, a good arguement could be mounted that without those willing sellers, he wouldn't have an undercard, & that might be a problem selling a show to TV.

Like I said, I hope he hooks a top contender & shows what most bellieve he's capable of.
It's got nothing to do with anything else.
Good luck to him.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #251
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

dbl post
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #252
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Firstly IBM yes I honestly believe Choc should never fought at s/m because he wasnt big enough to fight at that weight. Your boy had no problem with s/m winning the interim WBC title and being robbed of the full WBC title in Germany. It wasnt until he was soundly beaten by Choc that he discovered he had a weight problem. Do you think Garth is world class? Between you and me I dont. IBM like I have stated he should of been fighting at either middleweight or junior middle from day one. When was the last time Danny Green put a dollar in a fellow Australians pocket? Even Daniel Geales people admire Choc for that. But I bet you dont.
Mate, I haven't mentioned Green in a post for some time now, yet you continually start off with "Firstly" and then go on to bring Green into the discussion.

Seriously Flash, you harp on about the weight issue and how you don't think he should have fought at SMW, yet you can turn 180 degrees and have a go at Green for fighting a MW in Siaca, because Siaca has fought ONCE at MW. If you want to do it like that, then stop holding Green to the SMW limit, since you're so quick to give your boy a pass at the same weight, despite the fact he fought most of his career at it

You're coming more and more undone with each post mate, and starting to sound like a broken record with the same bullshit over and over and over ad nauseum.

I'm starting to wonder if you are actually who you claim to be, because you're very quickly losing the professionalism you were showing when you first posted on here.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #253
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Anyone disagree with my assessment above about why Australian's don't embrace Choc?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #254
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Team Mundine's ESB representative clutching at straws, trying to imply Mundine's some sort of philanthropist only interested in getting his fellow Aussie boxers good pay days

What a joke man, he's after the almighty dollar just like everybody else and doesn't give 2 shits about anyone else.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 AM   #255
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Absolutely CHB, only expect to see the race and/or religion card being played approximately...3...2...1...NOW!
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013