boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #346
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I don't 'ignore' anyone either, no matter how much of a douche they are. There's always some comedy relief with these kind of nutters, and 20****87 is one of the best I've seen in a while.
The poor fella doesn't even realise how idiotic he is, I can only feel pity for him...
Funny thing is Sox. Rodin, myself and a few others have tried to communicate and reason with him at various times, but it's a case of lights on, but noboby's home.

We're all entitled to our views not matter how strong they are, but sometimes you just have to go with the facts.

Sadly he hasn't been around long enough to have seen anything to compare to what he's currently been fatally blinded by, ie Mundinitis!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #347
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 20a87

20a87 wrote
Don't get delusions of grandeur because I gave your post a considered response, I don't need anybody's "acceptance" as I have a spine.

"You, me couldhavebeen and boxoncotton have all put forward differing opinions on what constitutes world class, there wasn't a uniform response or definition among us.


You can't definitively say a prospect is world class, and as far as it being a transitional state I understand where you are coming from but at what point does it become "cherrypicking" fighters on they're way out because like you said previously you define it as someone who will:


"fight anyone that is in that group & who got there with decisive victories over quality fighters."


You can't make a concrete definition of it in terms of boxing, and like I said that's why fans of the sport debate aspects such as resume, prime and so on....
"
------------------------------------------------


I broke a cardinal rule with you matey that I applied about 40 years ago.

"If you are arguing with a fool,,,so is he"

The more you so articulately expounded your theory of evolution of boxing, the more it became apparent that yours was not in pursuit of how boxing works, but how you think it should work.

Keep trying mate, there's alway somebody on the same wave length, but generally they don't swim too good.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 AM   #348
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Geez I hope our little friend hasn't jumped off the Tower Bridge into the Thames Rodin.

He's copped an almighty pasting on a handful of threads today and is very noticeable by his absence.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #349
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Geez I hope our little friend hasn't jumped off the Tower Bridge into the Thames Rodin.

He's copped an almighty pasting on a handful of threads today and is very noticeable by his absence.
No mate I clock off about 7pm when 20a87 starts...then when hes done....Teke starts....we dont need a hugger from 2am to 530am when my shift starts again
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #350
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Thanks for clearing that up Ash - and mind you he could be on a sickie today.


So now we've now got Spidot Inc.......and Nuthuggers Inc.

(not suggesting there are similarities between the two 'organizations' mind you)
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #351
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Thanks for clearing that up Ash - and mind you he could be on a sickie today.


So now we've now got Spidot Inc.......and Nuthuggers Inc.

(not suggesting there are similarities between the two 'organizations' mind you)
You forgot Haters Inc
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #352
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Yet more pathetic dribble from our little resident Mundine cheerleader!

Would advise saving time on your typing. Nobodies reading the ****, let alone taking any notice of it.

Good luck with your exams baby!
You read everything I write, you just don't "get it" - two different things. Following your MO nicely though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I don't 'ignore' anyone either, no matter how much of a douche they are.
There's always some comedy relief with these kind of nutters, and 20****87 is one of the best I've seen in a while.
The poor fella doesn't even realise how idiotic he is, I can only feel pity for him.

Well, except maybe Teke and Ash, the poor souls.

You got it.
Between you and him you could almost make a real spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Funny thing is Sox. Rodin, myself and a few others have tried to communicate and reason with him at various times, but it's a case of lights on, but noboby's home.

We're all entitled to our views not matter how strong they are, but sometimes you just have to go with the facts.

Sadly he hasn't been around long enough to have seen anything to compare to what he's currently been fatally blinded by, ie Mundinitis!
Writing the word facts doesn't equate to actually using facts in your counter arguments, aside from publishing a list that was irrelevant to anyone's viewpoint where are your facts?

We can safely rule out lawyer as your job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
20a87 wrote
Don't get delusions of grandeur because I gave your post a considered response, I don't need anybody's "acceptance" as I have a spine.

"You, me couldhavebeen and boxoncotton have all put forward differing opinions on what constitutes world class, there wasn't a uniform response or definition among us.


You can't definitively say a prospect is world class, and as far as it being a transitional state I understand where you are coming from but at what point does it become "cherrypicking" fighters on they're way out because like you said previously you define it as someone who will:


"fight anyone that is in that group & who got there with decisive victories over quality fighters."


You can't make a concrete definition of it in terms of boxing, and like I said that's why fans of the sport debate aspects such as resume, prime and so on....
"
------------------------------------------------


I broke a cardinal rule with you matey that I applied about 40 years ago.

"If you are arguing with a fool,,,so is he"

The more you so articulately expounded your theory of evolution of boxing, the more it became apparent that yours was not in pursuit of how boxing works, but how you think it should work.

Keep trying mate, there's alway somebody on the same wave length, but generally they don't swim too good.
Don't try and sound articulate if it's not natural rodin, the fact that you think you have some definitive answer to what constitutes world class in boxing is greatly diminished in the disparity shown between the likes of "the ring" and other ranking lists such as boxrec. I appreciated your first try but obviously I didn't realise you thought that your view was the industry standard. I'm surprised you don't have your own organisation and rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Geez I hope our little friend hasn't jumped off the Tower Bridge into the Thames Rodin.

He's copped an almighty pasting on a handful of threads today and is very noticeable by his absence.
Yes, everyone lives in London mr.dundee

Still no answer as to whether to be world class you need to be a knockout puncher?

I anticipate more lame rhetoric to bury the fact you can't provide an answer
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #353
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Mundean's a poof, won't fight out of australia and won't pay the cash to box inside australia...good role model
one in a million is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #354
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
Mundean's a poof, won't fight out of australia and won't pay the cash to box inside australia...good role model
No sure of his ***ual preference ONE, but impossible to argue with your other 2 points.

Even now I believe Mundine is more likely than not to choose a lesser opponent than had first been mooted for his next bout, ie another second stringer.

But where's the surprise in that?

Mundine's had more tune-ups than both my cars.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #355
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default The debate is over,,but

[quote=20a87;6523837
Don't try and sound articulate if it's not natural rodin, the fact that you think you have some definitive answer to what constitutes world class in boxing is greatly diminished in the disparity shown between the likes of "the ring" and other ranking lists such as boxrec. I appreciated your first try but obviously I didn't realise you thought that your view was the industry standard. I'm surprised you don't have your own organisation and rankings. [/quote]


Words flow from your mind like smoke off a campfire mate.
It would be inspirational if your condescending responses grasped the substance of what I have tried to convey, & that was that it's not my standard, it's those that run boxing's standards.

I wouldn't be too hasty at judging peoples capacity to articulate. (Which you seem to feel you excel at)
I suspect you would have some tips for boxing writers like Joe Rein.
That's the nature of over-educated (Self or academically trained) theoreticians.
Like the smoke off the campfire, it lacks any beneficial substance.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #356
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
Mundean's a poof, won't fight out of australia and won't pay the cash to box inside australia...good role model
Thats just a silly statement

Mundine has offered the right money to get big fights to AUST and has done so in the past......Kess, Siaca and Crazy Kim

They have also offered at least 10 other high profile fighters includine the champs at 168 and 160 to come to AUST.

As far as not fighting out of AUST your wrong.....Khoder agreed to fight pavlik and Sturm in the states.

Just because you dont hear about it dont mean it didnt happen
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #357
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
..Just because you dont hear about it dont mean it didnt happen...
Just as it's far easier to believe what you can see, it's far easier to believe what you actually get to hear.

There's a lot of b/s going on in boxing at the best of times Ash.

What can't be argued with are the facts.

...refer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

...the remainder is all 'he said', 'she said' speculation mate.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #358
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Just as it's far easier to believe what you can see, it's far easier to believe what you actually get to hear.

There's a lot of b/s going on in boxing at the best of times Ash.

What can't be argued with are the facts.

...refer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

...the remainder is all 'he said', 'she said' speculation mate.
That guy has a ***ing great record for an aussie boxer....I think he played NRL as well...who would have thought a NRL player could become Mr 3 Time
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #359
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: The debate is over,,but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Words flow from your mind like smoke off a campfire mate.
It would be inspirational if your condescending responses grasped the substance of what I have tried to convey, & that was that it's not my standard, it's those that run boxing's standards.

I wouldn't be too hasty at judging peoples capacity to articulate. (Which you seem to feel you excel at)
I suspect you would have some tips for boxing writers like Joe Rein.
That's the nature of over-educated (Self or academically trained) theoreticians.
Like the smoke off the campfire, it lacks any beneficial substance.
Seriously Rodin, I reckon it's somewhat of a generational thing.

You've been around longer than me, but we are both from a time when if someone knew more than you, or could offer you something, you respected that - and you listened!

A lot of today's little twerps are too busy trying to tell the world what they know, or think they know, to actually listen and learn themselves.

I'm fortunate to train with a guy with an impressive collection of title belts, won in the days when you had to beat a champ to become one, and do you know what Rodin, I listen to every ****_n word that comes out of his mouth!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #360
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
That guy has a ***ing great record for an aussie boxer....I think he played NRL as well...who would have thought a NRL player could become Mr 3 Time
Put your 'serious hat' on for just a second Ash.

The points raised by One in a Million are supported by that BoxRec entry ie supported by history and facts.

All the other stuff that you alluded to, ie the stuff 'we don't get to hear about', is flakey at best, and some would say pure speculation.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015