boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #361
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Put your 'serious hat' on for just a second Ash.

The points raised by One in a Million are supported by that BoxRec entry ie supported by history and facts.

All the other stuff that you alluded to, ie the stuff 'we don't get to hear about', is flakey at best, and some would say pure speculation.

Lets talk fact...oneinamill said choc wont pay the cash to get the fights in AUST....

FACT...He paid the cash for 2 world title fights in AUST and he paid the cash for Green and Geale to fight........ so
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #362
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The debate is over,,but

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Seriously Rodin, I reckon it's somewhat of a generational thing.

You've been around longer than me, but we are both from a time when if someone knew more than you, or could offer you something, you respected that - and you listened!

A lot of today's little twerps are too busy trying to tell the world what they know, or think they know, to actually listen and learn themselves.

I'm fortunate to train with a guy with an impressive collection of title belts, won in the days when you had to beat a champ to become one, and do you know what Rodin, I listen to every ****_n word that comes out of his mouth!

Yep, I suspect that it has some input.
Sometimes we get so engrossed in a debate, that winning it seems more important than what we can take out of it.

Blokes that come into this game have an open & shut mind on how boxing should be run.
Your mate will tell you that what happens in the ring is the end of the saga, not the start.
I've been on these forums since day one & very few core boxing people can cope with the simplistic approach that fans tend to demand.

For example, they should be in the room when matchmakers are trying to put a fight together.
The stress would make Mary McKillop an athiest.
The there's things like matching an up & comer with a journeyman who can win a fight on tricks & set the kid back a half dozen fights..
And not forgetting the "cab drivers"
We so often don't know whether the Thai's were rang first,,,or last to keep a card together.
Then there's ego's, styles, family. It goes on & on,
It is such a complex business. A beats B beats C beats A is just the tip of the iceberg.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #363
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The debate is over,,but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Yep, I suspect that it has some input.
Sometimes we get so engrossed in a debate, that winning it seems more important than what we can take out of it.

Blokes that come into this game have an open & shut mind on how boxing should be run.
Your mate will tell you that what happens in the ring is the end of the saga, not the start.
I've been on these forums since day one & very few core boxing people can cope with the simplistic approach that fans tend to demand.

For example, they should be in the room when matchmakers are trying to put a fight together.
The stress would make Mary McKillop an athiest.
The there's things like matching an up & comer with a journeyman who can win a fight on tricks & set the kid back a half dozen fights..
And not forgetting the "cab drivers"
We so often don't know whether the Thai's were rang first,,,or last to keep a card together.
Then there's ego's, styles, family. It goes on & on,
It is such a complex business. A beats B beats C beats A is just the tip of the iceberg.
Good post
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #364
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
No sure of his ***ual preference ONE, but impossible to argue with your other 2 points.

Even now I believe Mundine is more likely than not to choose a lesser opponent than had first been mooted for his next bout, ie another second stringer.

But where's the surprise in that?

Mundine's had more tune-ups than both my cars.
His next fight is for a world title, that must make him world class! As you would say "you can't argue with the facts".

Toy cars don't need "tune-ups" by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Words flow from your mind like smoke off a campfire mate.
It would be inspirational if your condescending responses grasped the substance of what I have tried to convey, & that was that it's not my standard, it's those that run boxing's standards.

I wouldn't be too hasty at judging peoples capacity to articulate. (Which you seem to feel you excel at)
I suspect you would have some tips for boxing writers like Joe Rein.
That's the nature of over-educated (Self or academically trained) theoreticians.
Like the smoke off the campfire, it lacks any beneficial substance.
Lame campfire ****ogy Rodin, i'm sure it sounded razor sharp in your head though

I only have a tip for you and your like minded lemmings; learn to watch boxing and ****yse things for yourself instead of reconstituting what your much heralded "boxing writers" tell you is correct. To be influenced by another man's opinion is weak and just shows you don't know or believe what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Thats just a silly statement

Mundine has offered the right money to get big fights to AUST and has done so in the past......Kess, Siaca and Crazy Kim

They have also offered at least 10 other high profile fighters includine the champs at 168 and 160 to come to AUST.

As far as not fighting out of AUST your wrong.....Khoder agreed to fight pavlik and Sturm in the states.

Just because you dont hear about it dont mean it didnt happen
If fist magazine didn't print it, couldhavebeen won't have heard it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Just as it's far easier to believe what you can see, it's far easier to believe what you actually get to hear.

There's a lot of b/s going on in boxing at the best of times Ash.

What can't be argued with are the facts.

...refer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

...the remainder is all 'he said', 'she said' speculation mate.
Yes fact: 3 time 2 weight world champion, and as you know: "you can't argue with facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
That guy has a ***ing great record for an aussie boxer....I think he played NRL as well...who would have thought a NRL player could become Mr 3 Time
what a bum huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Seriously Rodin, I reckon it's somewhat of a generational thing.

You've been around longer than me, but we are both from a time when if someone knew more than you, or could offer you something, you respected that - and you listened!

A lot of today's little twerps are too busy trying to tell the world what they know, or think they know, to actually listen and learn themselves.

I'm fortunate to train with a guy with an impressive collection of title belts, won in the days when you had to beat a champ to become one, and do you know what Rodin, I listen to every ****_n word that comes out of his mouth!
I'll impart some of my great wisdom: old **** for brains were once young **** for brains, just like not thinking for yourself the act of accepting what an older person says on the basis of age is absurd. Grow a pair and think for yourself!

Please tell me your comment about training is not the start of a Josey Wales style internet "hardman" act as that would be most pathetic, and I didn't think a street fighting legend like you would need training

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Put your 'serious hat' on for just a second Ash.

The points raised by One in a Million are supported by that BoxRec entry ie supported by history and facts.

All the other stuff that you alluded to, ie the stuff 'we don't get to hear about', is flakey at best, and some would say pure speculation.
Yes two weight world champ I read - fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Lets talk fact...oneinamill said choc wont pay the cash to get the fights in AUST....

FACT...He paid the cash for 2 world title fights in AUST and he paid the cash for Green and Geale to fight........ so
As usual, spot on
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #365
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,247
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Lets talk fact...oneinamill said choc wont pay the cash to get the fights in AUST....

FACT...He paid the cash for 2 world title fights in AUST and he paid the cash for Green and Geale to fight........ so
Horses for courses Ash mate , I bet Mundine watched a Kevin Costner Movie , Build it and they will come sort of type sort of THANG ( too ****ed up to spell senerio )
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #366
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Horses for courses Ash mate , I bet Mundine watched a Kevin Costner Movie , Build it and they will come sort of type sort of THANG ( too ****ed up to spell senerio )

Pervy phony

It doesn't even make sense without the incomprehensible english
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #367
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Lame campfire ****ogy Rodin, i'm sure it sounded razor sharp in your head though

Yeah, I thought it would be a bit too vague for you.

"I only have a tip for you and your like minded lemmings; learn to watch boxing and ****yse things for yourself instead of reconstituting what your much heralded "boxing writers" tell you is correct. To be influenced by another man's opinion is weak and just shows you don't know or believe what you say. "

And you called my campfire ****ogy weak.
That little gem needs an interpreter, but I'll have to wait till she learns to talk.



"Learn to watch boxing & ****yse things for yourself"

**** me. What was I thinking!!!
Why would I want to do that now. I've wasted 50 ****ing years doing it & you turn up with all the answers.

I know you're tugging our chain you ****en boofhead. You have access to a computer. Turning it on takes more sense than you're making.

Of course you could be serious,,, & dictating all this **** to your nurse.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #368
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

...and right on queue arrives our young friend 20a87 with another burst of his insecure dribble that just eliminates any possible doubt to the accuracy of our earlier ****ogy.

As previously thought, only maturity will improve him, and only then once he begins to LISTEN!

The bit about beating a champ (a real one!), to become a champ; clearly hasn't sunk into his thick head either.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #369
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,247
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

The ****'s a wind up merchant , that's why he's slipped to "Also ran " by most of the board and on ignore .I know you are trying but you can't educate PORK lad's you can only cure it .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #370
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
The ****'s a wind up merchant , that's why he's slipped to "Also ran " by most of the board and on ignore .I know you are trying but you can't educate PORK lad's you can only cure it .
True Josey.

As a wise man once said......You can't polish a turd!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #371
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,247
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
True Josey.

As a wise man once said......You can't polish a turd!
...Later lad's .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #372
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Lets talk fact...oneinamill said choc wont pay the cash to get the fights in AUST....

FACT...He paid the cash for 2 world title fights in AUST and he paid the cash for Green and Geale to fight........ so
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #373
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Lets talk fact...oneinamill said choc wont pay the cash to get the fights in AUST....

FACT...He paid the cash for 2 world title fights in AUST and he paid the cash for Green and Geale to fight........ so

Hey Ashley, you forgot the $10 Gorilla's he paid Darren Obah for the PABA belt.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #374
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Hey Ashley, you forgot the $10 Gorilla's he paid Darren Obah for the PABA belt.
The what
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #375
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tha Toon
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

so how in fact do you put someone on ignore?
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015