Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
UKITAZ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Peter vs Virchis

So it looks like Virchis has given up his EBU Heavyweight belt. Does this mean he's making a move for the WBC interim title ?? .... Assuming Maskaev and Vitali dont recover in sufficient time, could Virchis be next to face Peter ? After seeeing how Peter struggled with McCline then surely Virchis has to be deemed as a realistic challenger to the big Nigerian. He's got an iron chin, packs a thunderous punch, ok, his skills are great, but neither are Peter's. I think this would be a great slugfest to watch.
UKITAZ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Default Re: Peter vs Virchis

Peter by KO. Virchis is just too limited, despite having good power. The guy is even slower than Peter and uses less technique than Peter, he also is no iron jaw either, seeing as how Sprott stunned him.

Peter KO 4.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Peter by KO. Virchis is just too limited, despite having good power. The guy is even slower than Peter and uses less technique than Peter, he also is no iron jaw either, seeing as how Sprott stunned him.

Peter KO 4.
Chagaev had a close decision and Peter - the master boxer all of sudden is going to Ko him
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Peter KO 4.
Virchis' chin is pretty good (I know I'm no chin expert like you or Zakman. Virchis is not in Peter's league though.

Peter by one-sided decision.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKITAZ
So it looks like Virchis has given up his EBU Heavyweight belt. Does this mean he's making a move for the WBC interim title ?? .... Assuming Maskaev and Vitali dont recover in sufficient time, could Virchis be next to face Peter ? After seeeing how Peter struggled with McCline then surely Virchis has to be deemed as a realistic challenger to the big Nigerian. He's got an iron chin, packs a thunderous punch, ok, his skills are great, but neither are Peter's. I think this would be a great slugfest to watch.
you know, they used to say the same thing about peter
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well,if feather fisted McCline was able to knock Peter down,then Virchis will surely be able to take out a leaf of McCline's book and knock the African out of the ring.
Peter and Virchis are more or less on the same level in terms of skills and stamina,but IMO Virchis has the better firepower.
Virchis can bang,and he only looks bad against fast movers like Bidenko or Sprott.Peter is no mobile target.He is tailor made for Virchis.
Of course Peter can bang a bit ,too.But can Peter take Virchis' murderous shots? I very much doubt it!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
Chagaev had a close decision and Peter - the master boxer all of sudden is going to Ko him
To me, it is more of a bad mark against Chagaev to go close with such a skilless, slow, plodding example like Virchis. We all know Peter is not that fast and not the most skilled, but he's much better in both area's that Virchis and probably even in the chin area.

This may show that Peter would beat Chagaev.

Hell, Chagaev went close with Ruiz, Virchis and Valuev, not very inspiring to say the least.

Bash Peter all you want, the McCline fight made him look awful, but there are two sides to every coin my friend and Chagaev is far from anything that would trouble Wladimir Klitschko.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony
Virchis' chin is pretty good (I know I'm no chin expert like you or Zakman. Virchis is not in Peter's league though.

Peter by one-sided decision.
His chin is solid, I'll agree, but it's not iron and his defence and speed is even worse than Peter's is. Peter took pin point after pin point from Wlad, so there has to be more involved than the McCline fight showed for Peter's chin, even though that looked pretty clear.

If you understand what I mean. I don't think Virchis KO's Peter, his power is overrated and he lacks the speed, leverage and delivery that McCline produced against Peter. We also cannot forget what Peter absorbed from Wlad without going down.

It's kind of an odd situation really....

We can assume that Peter's chin is only what the McCline fight showed, or assume that Wlad's not as hard a puncher as we thought, because over the 12 round fight, Peter absorbed plenty of fully sat down pin point right hands, the type that finished Byrd and Brock and Peter smiled through most of them.

I'm really just curious and wanting to see how everything plays out mate, but Virchis loses to Peter and by KO. Peter can wind up a haymaker on Virchis and land it fully flush, also can do the same to the equally slow and definitely chinny Oleg Maskaev.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Peter KO 4.
You are right.Sprott stunned him,and Virchis didnt look convincing at all against Sprott.However,you shouldnt base your opinion on that particular fight,amsterdam.Bidenko looked even better than Sprott against Virchis before he was knocked out.
Virchis has a lot of trouble with mobile opposition.However,nobody has ever claimed that Peter is fast or the second comming of Chris Byrd.
Peter is tailor made for the huge Ukranian who has never had any trouble with stationary targets so far.Virchis can take out an opponent any time of a fight,and Peter's chin isnt that much better than Virchis' one.
Virchis was knocked out by Vitaly Klitschko at the amateurs,and Peter was beaten and kicked out of the olympic tournament by Vidoz who was twice defeated by Virchis at the pros.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Hell, Chagaev went close with Ruiz, Virchis and Valuev, not very inspiring to say the least.

Bash Peter all you want, the McCline fight made him look awful, but there are two sides to every coin my friend and Chagaev is far from anything that would trouble Wladimir Klitschko.
You have got to be kidding me. Chagaev is far superior boxer to Peter and will win comfortably 9 times out of 10. I have said this before the Mcline fight, and I am more sure than ever. Chagaev is better than Peter in almost every single aspect apart from sheer size.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #11
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

id give virchis an excellent chance!!!

this would be a barnburner imo.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #12
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
To me, it is more of a bad mark against Chagaev to go close with such a skilless, slow, plodding example like Virchis. We all know Peter is not that fast and not the most skilled, but he's much better in both area's that Virchis and probably even in the chin area.

First of all, I was not bashing Peter in this thread. Second of all, Peter may possess the slightly better skills than Virchis and that is highly arguable. As far as speed concerned, they are both even (extremely slow).

Third of all, as far as Chagaev concerned, Peter has a chance to beat him just like anybody else but such a chance is very slim one.

Finally, from what I have observed, Virchis has had problems with slick boxers Bidenko and Sprott but when there is a stationary target in front of him, he usually puts that target deep to sleep.

I just want for this fight to be made, because it promises to produce fireworks badly needed in the HW division.
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #13
mykolakozak
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If we were to ask who would Wladimir rather fight, I think he would choose Peter without a single thought.

Virshis is a Viking-like warrior. He never gives up. His fist can put Peter into a KO, but not the other way around. Virchis does bad against fast ones, its the slow ones that bring out his thunder-punch.
mykolakozak is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #14
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

While it's ridiculous to argue about skills when talking about Peter and Virchis, Virchis is a tad bit better and he is no dirty fighter, which is a big plus in my books. They are tailormade for each other, would be an entertaining fight, that's for sure.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Peter by UD...but he would have to box and respect him. Virchis is extremely dangerous.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum