Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Bute - Berrio in 10 days.

Anyone else have an interest in this one? I am picking Bute to win by KO and think it will be an exciting bout, at least the belt will be back in the hands of a top tier fighter and maybe we could get a final unification match after the MK/JC showdown.

Is anyone picking Berrio?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
drvooh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bute - Berrio in 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Anyone else have an interest in this one? I am picking Bute to win by KO and think it will be an exciting bout, at least the belt will be back in the hands of a top tier fighter and maybe we could get a final unification match after the MK/JC showdown.

You may not have many takers here.
drvooh is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
LogDog69
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I've never seen either of them fight. From what I've heard, Berrio is a stand-up slugger and Bute has pretty good power himself but he's more well-rounded than Berrio. Is that correct or have I been mislead?
LogDog69 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogDog69
I've never seen either of them fight. From what I've heard, Berrio is a stand-up slugger and Bute has pretty good power himself but he's more well-rounded than Berrio. Is that correct or have I been mislead?
Berrio is a tall pressure/slugger type with 1 punch KO power, and I mean REAL 1 punch KO power.

Bute is more of a fluid, southpaw Euro boxer with good movement and handspeed, moderate power.

You've been lead correctly.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think Bute will win, but not because I'm all that high on Bute. I'm probably also higher on Berrio than most, but he leaves himself too open defensively, and his chin is pretty shaky, and his style is so aggressive that I can see Bute catching him with a punch he never sees and putting him to sleep. Berrio's a stronger puncher and a quicker fighter than Bute, and his boxing skills are underrated, but he's too much of a defensive liability to have a strong chance against a steady boxer who can punch.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I agree with you nearly all the way, except I don't see it as being an exciting fight. I think it will be a fight totally controlled by Bute, who wisely doesn't take too big chances, and at round 5-8 Berrio will have been worn down and will get stopped.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #7
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I also pick Bute by brutal ko victory over Berrio.
Berrio is one of the weakest champs out there.He was stopped by Stieglitz in their first encounter,and was easily outboxed by Stieglitz in their second encounter up the point the Russian ran into one of Berrio's clumsy haymakers.
Berrio is slow boxer with average skills whose only weapon is his firepower.A very predictable and one-dimensional fighter.Bute should be able to win big time against that Columbian.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #8
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

I'm quite interested and waffling a bit back and forth on the pick at the moment.

I havent seen anything special about Bute yet. Good but not special

If Berrio delivers a spotty performance? maybe not.

I firmly believe Bute will be LUNCH MEAT for the winner or loser of Calzaghe vs Kessler.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
I also pick Bute by brutal ko victory over Berrio.
Berrio is one of the weakest champs out there.He was stopped by Stieglitz in their first encounter,and was easily outboxed by Stieglitz in their second encounter up the point the Russian ran into one of Berrio's clumsy haymakers.
Berrio is slow boxer with average skills whose only weapon is his firepower.A very predictable and one-dimensional fighter.Bute should be able to win big time against that Columbian.
I totally agree, I also had Stieglitz winning the first two rounds in their second fight, and he should have seen the first haymaker that originally put him down from a mile away.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
I'm quite interested and waffling a bit back and forth on the pick at the moment.

I havent seen anything special about Bute yet. Good but not special

If Berrio delivers a spotty performance? maybe not.

I firmly believe Bute will be LUNCH MEAT for the winner or loser of Calzaghe vs Kessler.
That's a given...

Better resume mark than Berrio though for anyone, including maybe a unification with Mundine, who Bute can defeat.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #11
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
That's a given...

Better resume mark than Berrio though for anyone, including maybe a unification with Mundine, who Bute can defeat.
I gotta see this fight before I'll be on board that he could beat Mundine.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #12
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cant really see berrio winning......but then again, i thought the same about stieglitz and look what happened!!!!!!!

bute better be carefull and bring his A-game....
unitas is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

No, I've got Bute by KO or TKO as well
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #14
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

Amsterdam - how do you rate Butes chin?

I havent really seen him being hit flush on the chin yet - Berrio is an awful, awful fighter with a poor offensive and defensive ****nal. He was very lucky against Stieglitz who basically outboxed him up until the KO.
Astola is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astola
Amsterdam - how do you rate Butes chin?

I havent really seen him being hit flush on the chin yet - Berrio is an awful, awful fighter with a poor offensive and defensive ****nal. He was very lucky against Stieglitz who basically outboxed him up until the KO.
I think Bute has a good chin, Bika caught him flush a few times. Bika's not a heavy, heavy hitter, but a guy with a suspect chin would have at least been rocked decently if Bika caught them flush several times, as Bika does have some moderate power.

Now, Bika and Berrio don't even compare with power, Berrio probably hits harder than anyone at SMW, but of course has a glass chin himself and has only workable skill level, which makes him look bad against guys who have real top 15 skill level and makes him look even worse against guys who have top 5 skill level, such as what I believe Bute has.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum