Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
MrStayman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Allan Green wants Calzaghe,Kesser,Pavlik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MancMexican
This should be re-titled 'Allan Green wants a payday!'
MrStayman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

God, the guy is a vegeterian but he's unhealthy mentally if he ever said that or anyone else for him.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #18
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 125

Green has a shot at anyone he fights. He is skilled and he has power. He would dissected Miranda in a rematch. Lacy is the man but he is to one dimensional for Green. Calzaghe would be the tougher opponent. I would not bet on Green in that one.
Flatlander is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #19
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander
Green has a shot at anyone he fights. He is skilled and he has power. He would dissected Miranda in a rematch. Lacy is the man but he is to one dimensional for Green. Calzaghe would be the tougher opponent. I would not bet on Green in that one.
I wouldn't bet on Green against either Calzaghe, Kessler, Pavlik or Lacy (Unless the injury have taken too much out of him). Actually I would bet on Calzaghe, Kessler and Pavlik. If he fought Lacy I would most likely refrain from betting at all.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #20
natep
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvk2007
maybe when that bitch fraud decides to fight guys that are actually good then he might but **** no he'll get the shit knocked out of him.
You still mad that your boy got starched?
natep is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #21
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Great post.
I bet against Calzalghe with Lacey and paid for it. I do not see what is so special about "Slap Shot" Calzaghe but he does seem to win. I would give Green a shot against him but it is just a SHOT. Green may dominate or he may be dominated. One thing for certain Green would have to come in to this fight in the shape of his life and he would have to have a punch out put like never before. If he could mix his power shots with a multitude of accurate jabs and short punches he would have a real shot. One power shot would not do it. He would have to out jab and out box Calzaghe. That would be a challenge. I don't see Green having a punchers chance here. He would have a big "puncher's chance" in the other fights.

I have no doubt that if Green stays healthy and I hope he does. That he will soon be a champion.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #22
booklord
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

After getting beaten in a very one-sided decision to Edison Miranda. The word timid comes to mind when describing his perforance in that one. Allan Green then crushed in a single round a boxer by the name of Darrell Woods who came into the fight with a record of 26-10 and who took the fight on 11 days notice. Now he's facing Sherwin Davis, a guy who has a 18-5 record but has lost 5 out of his last 6 fights. Sherwin hasn't won a fight since July 2005.

And he expects people to take him seriously when he calls out Pavlik, Calzaghe, and Kessler?

Rematch Miranda. Dash the dreams of some young unbeaten fighter like Andy Lee. Take on some tough veteran like Zuniga, Bronco McKart, or Howard Eastman.

Then maybe he'll have a leg to stand on.
booklord is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #23
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklord
After getting beaten in a very one-sided decision to Edison Miranda. The word timid comes to mind when describing his perforance in that one. Allan Green then crushed in a single round a boxer by the name of Darrell Woods who came into the fight with a record of 26-10 and who took the fight on 11 days notice. Now he's facing Sherwin Davis, a guy who has a 18-5 record but has lost 5 out of his last 6 fights. Sherwin hasn't won a fight since July 2005.

And he expects people to take him seriously when he calls out Pavlik, Calzaghe, and Kessler?

Rematch Miranda. Dash the dreams of some young unbeaten fighter like Andy Lee. Take on some tough veteran like Zuniga, Bronco McKart, or Howard Eastman.

boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Pavlik Stops Green
Kessler Stops Green
Calzaghe Stops Green
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #25
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Pavlik Stops Green
Kessler Stops Green
Calzaghe Stops Green
I don't see this happening at all.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #26
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

How about this then?

Green Stops Pavlik
Green Stops Kessler
Green Stops Calzaghe
Elvis comes to life and lands on the Loch Ness monster on christmas eve

Facts.
Astola is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #27
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astola
How about this then?

Green Stops Pavlik
Green Stops Kessler
Green Stops Calzaghe
Elvis comes to life and lands on the Loch Ness monster on christmas eve

Facts.
The Elvis thing may be a stretch but it could happen. Elvis is not dead ya know? He just went home.

My point is that this is boxing and anything is possible but some things are not likely.

Green vs Pavlik - Whoever lands first may take this fight. Or Green can and would be able to out box him. I think that Green hits just as hard Pavlik and his chin is just as good as his. I see several KDs and a final result of a possible KO but I do not think we can safely assume that Pavlik would be the one to do the KOing. Pavlik's defense is much more porus than is Green's and his punches are much wider than Green's.

Green vs Kessler - We will soon know if Kessler is for real after his fight with Calzaghe.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #28
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
The Elvis thing may be a stretch but it could happen. Elvis is not dead ya know? He just went home.

My point is that this is boxing and anything is possible but some things are not likely.

Green vs Pavlik - Whoever lands first may take this fight. Or Green can and would be able to out box him. I think that Green hits just as hard Pavlik and his chin is just as good as his. I see several KDs and a final result of a possible KO but I do not think we can safely assume that Pavlik would be the one to do the KOing. Pavlik's defense is much more porus than is Green's and his punches are much wider than Green's.

Green vs Kessler - We will soon know if Kessler is for real after his fight with Calzaghe.

If that is your criteria, then I guess we already know that Green is not for real judging by his fight with Miranda.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklord

Great post Booklord!

Flatlander, either you have never actually seen Pavlik fight, or you been huffin' gas again!!!

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #30
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Than you overrate Allan Green and seriously underrate Pavlik, Calzaghe, and Kessler...
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum