Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #16
Sonny in Dallas

vCash: 1000
Default Re: It's Time For Boxing Announcers To Take An Anatomy Class!!

Let's give this a rest. I'm worn out.
Sonny in Dallas is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #17
thunder06
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hatton hit him on the prostate.
thunder06 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #18
southpaw1974
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey
You're an f-ing idiot and must be pretty young. The kidneys are closest to the back. They behind other organs from the side. If you were older, you would probably have had a kidney infection or stones sometime in your life. Then you would damn well know by the searing pain where your kidneys are.

I don't think I saw Hatton throw a punch remotely close to the kidneys throughout the entire fights. An effective kidney punch is to the back side of the torso. If you'd ever been hit to the kidneys or had any kind of kidney ailment you would know this without a 3rd grade science book diagram.
First of all, you must be very immature and devoid of class to resort to name calling just because you disagree with me. You are actually disagreeing with a fact because the punch was much closer to the kidney than it was to the liver. In regards to my age, I'm 33 so I don't consider that to be "very young", unless you are 65. I don't think I need to have passed a kidney stone in order to have an opinion on where a punch landed. In addition, I have been hit in the kidneys because I was an amateur boxer. I know exactly where they are located, along with the liver. The body punch that Ward landed on Gatti was indeed a liver punch. The punches that Hopkins and Hatton landed were not liver punches, and were much closer to kidney punches, and at the very least to the lateral rib cage.
southpaw1974 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #19
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
That's not the ko. Unless its an after shot. He had his arms crossed initially. Maybe be a split second later. Hmmm.
You're right, the fighters were nearer the ropes as well. Hatton caught JLC with a few like that in the fight which the UK commentators didn't mention.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #20
Doomas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 680

Use your left hand and puch around your right ribcage slightly, most painfull spot (deep painfull) will be near liver. Maby it wasnt liver shot, but dam, would you fight on with two broken ribs?
Doomas is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #21
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wige247
From my bio class recollections, your kidneys are near your back. If you punched someone about 6 inches above either butt cheek, you'd be in kidney area. Your liver, sits just behind your ribs....
If Castillo have 2 ribs broken on the right side then it definitely was a "liver shot".
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #22
BeeGee
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 922

gettin hit ne where near the liver area shakes up the liver. It doesnt have to be a direst shot on the liver. The surrounding bone and muscle drive into the liver. Ne one whose actually been hit with a liver shot knows what im talking about. A kidney shot is completly on the back. And in case u havent noticed, the liver is a large organ. So, hitting the lat, slightly behind the lat, the side of the rib cage, and the front of the right rib cage ala a left hook, will considerably shake up the liver. If u dont believe me, have a friend lace up sum gloves and give u a shot.
BeeGee is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #23
southpaw1974
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee
gettin hit ne where near the liver area shakes up the liver. It doesnt have to be a direst shot on the liver. The surrounding bone and muscle drive into the liver. Ne one whose actually been hit with a liver shot knows what im talking about. A kidney shot is completly on the back. And in case u havent noticed, the liver is a large organ. So, hitting the lat, slightly behind the lat, the side of the rib cage, and the front of the right rib cage ala a left hook, will considerably shake up the liver. If u dont believe me, have a friend lace up sum gloves and give u a shot.
This makes sense, and could possibly be accurate. I think that the shot was definitely not directly on the liver. It might have been in that spot that is between the liver and the kidney and thus could have affected both organs.
southpaw1974 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum