Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
rooq
...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 1000
Default Still no Macca opponent announced

Less than 4 weeks to go and still no word on Macca's opponent on the Calzaghe-Kessler undercard...

Something tells me it won't be a very competitive defence. don't know what happened with all the talk of unification with cunningham.

1 Marco Huck
2 David Haye
3 Johnathon Banks
4 Vincenzo Cantatore
5 Gregory Drozd
6 Giacobbe Fragomeni
7 Darnell Wilson
8 Pietro Aurino
9 O'Neil Bell
10 Herbie Hide
11 Alexander Alexeev
12 Alexander Gurov
13 Rudolf Kraj
14 Rob Calloway
15 Laudelino Barros

my moneys on FW picking herbie hide who has somehow made it back into the top ten. i know he's ko'd 5 since coming back but the opposition has been piss poor
rooq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Steve Fox
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 674
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
Less than 4 weeks to go and still no word on Macca's opponent on the Calzaghe-Kessler undercard...

Something tells me it won't be a very competitive defence. don't know what happened with all the talk of unification with cunningham.

1 Marco Huck
2 David Haye
3 Johnathon Banks
4 Vincenzo Cantatore
5 Gregory Drozd
6 Giacobbe Fragomeni
7 Darnell Wilson
8 Pietro Aurino
9 O'Neil Bell
10 Herbie Hide
11 Alexander Alexeev
12 Alexander Gurov
13 Rudolf Kraj
14 Rob Calloway
15 Laudelino Barros

my moneys on FW picking herbie hide who has somehow made it back into the top ten. i know he's ko'd 5 since coming back but the opposition has been piss poor
There is no way on Earth Enzo will be fighting Hide - ever!
Steve Fox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
DavidPayne
***.boxingwriter.co.uk
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Rob Calloway is my bet.

He won again last weekend.
DavidPayne is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 356
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Agree - Calloway for me. Hide cant come back to the UK as there is a warrant out for his arrest.

At the end of the day its going to be a big dissapointment after a super performance against Braithwaite.
NOrth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nil satis nisi optimum
Posts: 825
vCash: 75
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

I hear Bobby Gunn is avaialable!
Nemesis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #6
rooq
...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOrth
Hide cant come back to the UK as there is a warrant out for his arrest.
really? what for?
rooq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 356
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Driving offences... (i think)
NOrth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Typical Frank. Talks big and then fails to really deliver.

Frank puts on good bouts but we are talking about a man who has the power to OWN British boxing and having it absolutely thriving.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #9
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: you´re not alive unless you´re almost dying!!
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
Less than 4 weeks to go and still no word on Macca's opponent on the Calzaghe-Kessler undercard...

Something tells me it won't be a very competitive defence. don't know what happened with all the talk of unification with cunningham.

1 Marco Huck
2 David Haye
3 Johnathon Banks
4 Vincenzo Cantatore
5 Gregory Drozd
6 Giacobbe Fragomeni
7 Darnell Wilson
8 Pietro Aurino
9 O'Neil Bell
10 Herbie Hide
11 Alexander Alexeev
12 Alexander Gurov
13 Rudolf Kraj
14 Rob Calloway
15 Laudelino Barros

my moneys on FW picking herbie hide who has somehow made it back into the top ten. i know he's ko'd 5 since coming back but the opposition has been piss poor
sucka macca should better pray marco huck doesnt insist on fighting him. that would be one painfull experience for him

alexeev would do bad bad things to him as well.

and kraj would kick his ass too.

man, macca better keep his head down. he looks primed for a serious butkicking
bumdujour is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #10
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
sucka macca should better pray marco huck doesnt insist on fighting him. that would be one painfull experience for him

alexeev would do bad bad things to him as well.

and kraj would kick his ass too.

man, macca better keep his head down. he looks primed for a serious butkicking
Nice to see Marco Huck nuthuggers on this site, the kids' got a good bit of talent, though he's still rough around the edges, and a total headcase.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #11
rooq
...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

have to admit i haven't seen much about the euro cruiserweights except for cantatore, fragomeni and gurov who would probably be three of the easiest defences out there for macca.

huck will be the next mandatory for the ibf title though won't he? never heard of alexeev
rooq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #12
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

I would like to see him in with Herbie just for the domestic match up. He will not be put in with a top guy such as Braithwaite or Calloway so the Herbie fight would make sense both for Macca and us watchers.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport Essex innit
Posts: 5,845
vCash: 75
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

It's a real shame - Enzo must be quite embarrased by all of this!
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #14
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 356
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Thought he was superb against braithwaite. Really improved since joining team Calzaghe.
NOrth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #15
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Still no Macca opponent announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
I would like to see him in with Herbie just for the domestic match up. He will not be put in with a top guy such as Braithwaite or Calloway so the Herbie fight would make sense both for Macca and us watchers.
He just mopped the ring with Braithwaite, and Calloway is hardly a "top guy", though it would be an interesting fight for sure.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013