Old 04-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #121
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397
Default Re: Hopkins v Jones 2....anyone care

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I'll stand corrected but Bhop is finished.

I hate to say it but Green wld have a real chance against him on that performance.
I will agree with you on saying Green has a chance with him based on that performance.

But with Bernard not being ko'd his entire career and having never been dominated in a fight, what is the chance of Danny Green winning on points.

The only meaningful win Green has on points is a points win against an unengaging Stipe Drews. Imo Green isn't a technical enough fighter to outpoint Bernard Hopkins.

Jones had been knocked out multiple times before fighting Danny. I can't even recall Nard being knocked down his whole career. The only way it could be stopped is by accumulation of blows with Nard not fighting back, but I see this highly unlikely.
dominator is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #122
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
I will agree with you on saying Green has a chance with him based on that performance.

But with Bernard not being ko'd his entire career and having never been dominated in a fight, what is the chance of Danny Green winning on points.

The only meaningful win Green has on points is a points win against an unengaging Stipe Drews. Imo Green isn't a technical enough fighter to outpoint Bernard Hopkins.

Jones had been knocked out multiple times before fighting Danny. I can't even recall Nard being knocked down his whole career. The only way it could be stopped is by accumulation of blows with Nard not fighting back, but I see this highly unlikely.

I hear what you are saying and i mostly agree, i've never seen Bhop knocked down or in real trouble...... however that said the blokes almost 46yrs old, gee when will it come to an end???

Surely sometime soon
kel is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #123
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Green would only have to throw punches.

Bhop looked shithouse moving in on RJJ. Trying to land effective blows was completely a miss by both fighters. With BHop stalking RJJ, and both still trying to focus on any on coming shots, they simply out played each other on the 'over cautious' card.. Neither was totally, or reasonably offensive with any form of attack. RJJ's only glory went through the back of 'Nards head via two foul blows, whilst 'Nard himself couldn't land anything to shake the sweat from RJJ's bald melon..

Yep, Danny would dice BHop.
Not a chance. Bhop is at his best when someone is coming forward to him. Green would be coming forward and getting clipped with clean shots and tied up and made to look ordinary. Bhop had to come forward and take the fight to Roy. He prefers the fight to be the opposite.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:10 AM   #124
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Not a chance. Bhop is at his best when someone is coming forward to him. Green would be coming forward and getting clipped with clean shots and tied up and made to look ordinary. Bhop had to come forward and take the fight to Roy. He prefers the fight to be the opposite.
I agree with everything
teke is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #125
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I hear what you are saying and i mostly agree, i've never seen Bhop knocked down or in real trouble...... however that said the blokes almost 46yrs old, gee when will it come to an end???

Surely sometime soon
It's amazing how he has the discipline and motivation to do what he does. Hopkins loves getting doubted and if he has the hunger, he will continue. He doesn't seem the type solely driven by the financial side of the fight game.

It will be interesting to see his next choice of opponent and what he has to say in the coming days. I highly doubt Haye will accept a challenge from him despite them being stablemates at Golden Boy.

If he doesn't fight Haye, I only see Dawson as the other likely fighter.

There isn't anyone out there that sticks out apart from these two guys.

I think whatever he decides, his next fight should be for a belt, given his last three were non title fights.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 AM   #126
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Green KO 7
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #127
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Green KO 7
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #128
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Green KO 7
It wont be from outboxing Bhop. It will be another eyes closed robo-shuffle-swing which probably catches Bhop as he is walking back towards his corner in between rounds
teke is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #129
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

I dont really know what to make of Bhop. I mean based on his performance against RJJ I'd say he is completely finished but it wasnt that long ago he put on a performance for the ages against Pavlik.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #130
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

I just watched the fight and I don't know what everybody is going on about, Hopkins looked as good as ever and I thought Roy fought a good fight. Hopkins was never gonna walk through Roy, he's not that sort of fighter. It was a good fight, alot better than their first encounter for sure. Green beating Hopkins? Haha thanks for the laugh
lefty is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #131
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Hopkins tried to fight the same fight v Roy Jones that he tried to fight v Calzaghe the only difference being was when Hopkins refused to engage Calzaghe had the ability to up the pace and force Hopkins to fight , sadly this weekend he was fighting the corpse of Roy Jones jr and got away with it as Roy's leg's are gone . Hopkins gained his revenge but please don't anyone tell me he could survive 5 rounds with David Haye @ Heavy , **** he would be hard pressed to last the 5 with Fraudley ****ing Harrison on this latest showing .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #132
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Hopkins tried to fight the same fight v Roy Jones that he tried to fight v Calzaghe the only difference being was when Hopkins refused to engage Calzaghe had the ability to up the pace and force Hopkins to fight , sadly this weekend he was fighting the corpse of Roy Jones jr and got away with it as Roy's leg's are gone . Hopkins gained his revenge but please don't anyone tell me he could survive 5 rounds with David Haye @ Heavy , **** he would be hard pressed to last the 5 with Fraudley ****ing Harrison on this latest showing .
I dunno, I don't think Haye would be able to tag Hopkins cleanly and Hopkins has always had a world class chin. Jones is always gonna be a bad style for Hopkins, he isn't aggressive and he has an awkward stance plus the quick hands. Haye would look plodding against Hopkins, as athletically gifted as he is as a heavyweight.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #133
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I dunno, I don't think Haye would be able to tag Hopkins cleanly and Hopkins has always had a world class chin. Jones is always gonna be a bad style for Hopkins, he isn't aggressive and he has an awkward stance plus the quick hands. Haye would look plodding against Hopkins, as athletically gifted as he is as a heavyweight.
Lefty,
Haye would smash Hopkins aged racist arse within 5 rounds , in fact i'm quiet gutted Haye has dismissed the fight out of hand as i would love to see Hopkings smashed into retirement , his deluded fans have been led a merry dance by this bloke for years now , who has he beaten recently of note ? remove an overweight sick Kelly Pavlik from his record and he ain't beaten anyone in ****ing donkey's year's mate but still the deluded reckon he is cheating father time when in effect all he is cheating is said deluded out of their dole money .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #134
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

I love Bhop but David Haye would brutilise him somewhere in the first 4 rds without a doubt imo.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #135
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
I agree with everything
Its hard to disagree with this comment,
boxoncottonon is offline  Top