Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #16
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Assuming Haye wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
My initial reaction to Haye v Hopkins was "Bernard gets KO'd" but then I came to thinking that it's unlikely Nard would get KO'd. I'd much rather see Hopkins fight Dawson and Haye fight the Klits. But I can see why Hops would want the Haye fight, it's a money and legacy fight. Not many of those about.
I don't think Haye would stop Hopkins, to the extent that I'd put money against it happening.

If I were Hopkins and in the position he is in, with less than nothing to prove in boxing, I'd be shouting from the rooftops to fight Haye.

Dawson is the leading name in his division, but isn't a name at all.... I'd say he's less of a name than all of the Super 6 barring Allan Green. So why bother fighting him?
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Hopkins would be a farce of a fight. They both have their own business to deal with. Hopkins should be fighting Chad Dawson and Haye's been running his mouth for the past year about the Klitschko's.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #18
djanders
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

If Holyfield wins his next fight, then he will have one of the Mickey Mouse belts, correct? (No offense to Mickey intended.) That could make it a unification fight...of sorts.
djanders is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Hopkins would be a farce of a fight. They both have their own business to deal with. Hopkins should be fighting Chad Dawson and Haye's been running his mouth for the past year about the Klitschko's.
Yup, I agree, as I've already said in this thread. Can't blame Hopkins for chasing a legacy and money fight though (Dawson isn't much of either outside the hardcore). It's up to Haye, as champ, to show credibility and say "no thanks, I want a Klit next".
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #20
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Even Schaefer has said that it's not definite Haye-Hopkins will happen. He said Haye and Ruiz (should he win) both want the Klitschko's next and it'd come down to which fight would make more money.

It'd be a joke if Haye-Hopkins happens. Haye has to fight one of the Klits next.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #21
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Even Schaefer has said that it's not definite Haye-Hopkins will happen. He said Haye and Ruiz (should he win) both want the Klitschko's next and it'd come down to which fight would make more money.

It'd be a joke if Haye-Hopkins happens. Haye has to fight one of the Klits next.
Yes it would be a joke, but you've been watching boxing long enough to know the score.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #22
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

Quote:

I believe if Haye doesn't look good, this is a very strong possiblity. I really think it will be Hopkins-Haye late this year. Valuev will paid off or it will be delayed. I am really looking forward to it
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #23
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Yeah, or Haye-Tua. What a fight that would be if Haye would trade with Tua.
If he's done ducking them, then I would love to see Haye-Klitschko. Even if haye beats one of them though, he'll just fight the other and get beaten
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #24
Kid Lucky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How about Haye v Audley as a voluntary if he beats Sprott and maybe one other to get a ranking.

There aren't many other fights about if he can't land a Klitchko that would sell better here then this and the risk v reward is pretty good value for Haye.

If he can land a meaningful fight obviously scrub this but I'd rather watch this then Valuev II
Kid Lucky is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #25
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

I would love to see Hopkins-Haye made as a US introduction for Haye, I dont think it would be the slightest bit competitive, but the build-up would be absolutely immense....I kind of want more build up to a Klit fight as I like having Haye around, and I fear that wouldnt be the case after a Klit fight

Anything but Haye-Valuev II........anything
antcull is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 03:57 AM   #26
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Haye has made too much noise about fighting the Klits for this not to happen. Haye loses a lot of credibility if he isn't seen to take every reasonable step to make this fight. This is a fight that the Heavyweight division needs.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #27
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

He needs to fight a Klitschko.

Hopkins/Valuev/Audley!!!????/Chagaev.Meelan(WBA Title eliminator)/....Not good enough.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #28
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

As long as they keep these potential Haye defenses over in the UK,it's fine with me.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #29
hit me HARDER

vCash:

I wouldn't be as against Haye-Hopkins as alot in this thread. If it's a stepping stone to bigger & better things, why not?

Promoted right (which it would be) it could get David ALOT of exposure Stateside, especially if Hopkins decisively beats RJJ.

It would also have that 'freakshow' feel that the Valuev fight had, ie, drawing in the non-boxing fans.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #30
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

How would it be promoted in the UK ??

Watch Haye.... The World Heavyweight Champion fight a 44 year old who has never fought in the Heavyweight Division or the one below !!!!!!!!!!
Dan684 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum