Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #76
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Why did he not fight Geale a second time.....the coin in the rematch would have been large.
Do you se this fight happening at a later date?
There would be plenty of interest, the boys put on a ******* of a show.
The tasmanian card did crap apparently, and im sure if geale bought something choc wanted he could put him on his arse again.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #77
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 850
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
The tasmanian card did crap apparently, and im sure if geale bought something choc wanted he could put him on his arse again.
How sure could you be.....its only happened to a Pioneer opponent 2 times in 3-4 years and one of those guys got up unflinching and all but won the fight.

Like to see you put your cubby house on it!
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #78
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 354
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Honestly I dont see it happening. I am very good friends with Billy Traecey and have been for a long time. They would love a rematch because it would give them a chance to square the ledger. We had lunch together a few weeks back and he talked about them fighting again. My suggestion was to fight a rated WBA guy and force a rematch. Billy agreed but he is more interested in Daniel chasing the IBF title because of his friendship with Ray Wheatley. I think you will find Daniel fighting for the IBF title if he beats Macklin.
balmain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #79
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
How sure could you be.....its only happened to a Pioneer opponent 2 times in 3-4 years and one of those guys got up unflinching and all but won the fight.

Like to see you put your cubby house on it!
I'd bet everything I had, mundine is simply the better fighter
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #80
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
I'd bet everything I had, mundine is simply the better fighter
As demonstrated by the Tas fight there is nothing between the two - very evenly matched, and that's why Mundine prefered Medley - old news!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #81
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
As demonstrated by the Tas fight there is nothing between the two - very evenly matched, and that's why Mundine prefered Medley - old news!
When Dan beats Sylvester for the IBF title then choc will gladly take another title from Geale
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #82
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
As demonstrated by the Tas fight there is nothing between the two - very evenly matched, and that's why Mundine prefered Medley - old news!
The tasmania card was "the road to the rematch" not geale vs mundine
Try and get the right side of the stick just once.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #83
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
The tasmania card was "the road to the rematch" not geale vs mundine
Try and get the right side of the stick just once.
Your next time right will be your very first!

Mundine v Geale was extremely close - something you constantly live in denial about - that's why "the road to the rematch" was another Mundine road that finished in a deadend! LOL!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #84
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Your next time right will be your very first!

Mundine v Geale was extremely close - something you constantly live in denial about - that's why "the road to the rematch" was another Mundine road that finished in a deadend! LOL!
I hate to shoot you down twice in a matter of minutes in two separate threads especially when you are trying to save face in both .

Please learn to read.

Again you ignore the point of the debate and go off on a random tangent

It was a close fight and the right guy walked off with the belt but it DIDN'T happen in tasmania, an essential factor for the rematch was how "the road to the rematch" event sold in Geale's back yard and by all accounts it was a dud making it a poor career move for choc (no belts, no money).

Communicating with you is more akin to shooting a whale in a barrel than fish. Post something relevant or constructive or you should jog on.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #85
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

You've carefully avoided the facts as you usually do when the facts don't support you:

1/ Mundine's career KO record is only just above 50% - as demonstated by the list I posted, this places him very low amongst Australia's better fighters - who punches like a girl again Anth?

2/ Though you live in denial about it, there is no excuse that stands any level of scrutiny why Mundine prefered to fight Medley to honouring his mandatory against Geale - except that he saw it as an easier fight of course! - All hail the Pioneer - LOL!

I'll leave you to chat with dummies of your own low level of understanding - assuming you can find any!

...Luds is no longer around is he?

...or is he??

Last edited by COULDHAVEBEEN; 04-05-2010 at 11:14 PM.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:48 AM   #86
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Funny how Sean Sullivan earned a rematch and Sam Soliman deserved 2, yet the bloke that really pushed Mundine recently didn't, and according to Team Mundine's ESB correspondent, the rematch was only ordered because the org is corrupt

Now I've heard it all

spin spin spin spin spin
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #87
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Flamengo Why after Anthony Mundine fights the likes of Green, Geale and Medley does people like yourself complain that he doesnt give them a rematch. If they would have won the first time you wouldnt be asking. You all live in hope that he might lose next time round. Do you honestly think these guys are so sporting that they would help him if they had been victorious? I assure you they wouldnt and all the baggers here would be happy.
Flash, are you serious?? I honestly believe Geale would have honoured a rematch clause had he been victorious. Now, having said that.. What was the rematch clause that FAILED to be honoured by Mundine???
Geale said on LIVE radio there was return clause.

When have I complained about 'no rematch for Medley'????

To be honest, I dont remember complaining about Green not getting a rematch either- perhaps you'll kindly point out where I've stated as much???
flamengo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #88
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
You've carefully avoided the facts as you usually do when the facts don't support you:

1/ Mundine's career KO record is only just above 50% - as demonstated by the list I posted, this places him very low amongst Australia's better fighters - who punches like a girl again Anth?

2/ Though you live in denial about it, there is no excuse that stands any level of scrutiny why Mundine prefered to fight Medley to honouring his mandatory against Geale - except that he saw it as an easier fight of course! - All hail the Pioneer - LOL!

I'll leave you to chat with dummies of your own low level of understanding - assuming you can find any!

...Luds is no longer around is he?

...or is he??
I'm embarrassed for you, your "facts" are supporting an your argument in which you have created out of thin air, seriously who are you debating KO ratio's with? As someone else pointed out he beat the guys ahead of him on your precious list.

You keep failing to answer the question do you think you need a big KO ratio to be a world class boxer?

You missed the point on the tasmania comment as per usual, and you are trying to save your sinking ship by concocting ridiculous points.

Tasmania card didn't sell by all accounts, no belt, no money = no rematch for geale.

I think you need a new sport to follow, you can't make much sense of this one



Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Funny how Sean Sullivan earned a rematch and Sam Soliman deserved 2, yet the bloke that really pushed Mundine recently didn't, and according to Team Mundine's ESB correspondent, the rematch was only ordered because the org is corrupt

Now I've heard it all

spin spin spin spin spin
Creepy Puppet

They were made because they made sense for mundine at the time, I know you aren't the quickest but surely even a weirdo nutjob like you could have worked that out.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #89
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 210
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post



Creepy Puppet

They were made because they made sense for mundine at the time, I know you aren't the quickest but surely even a weirdo nutjob like you could have worked that out.
haha they made sense at the time because there was **** all chance of Mundine losing unlike the Geale rematch.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #90
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
If he was frightened he would not of fought and beat him in the first place. The IBO ordered it because it was another sanction fee. Do you think this organisation has boxers interests at heart? Even after Choc threw the title away Daniel had no interest in it. IF the IBO is that credible how does Manny Siaca get rated at cruiserweight. He is fighting for a world title 18kg heavier than his last fight. Did they order that?
Flash.. ?????????

Choc is fighting for a WORLD title.... Well, one of THREE in the same weight division on offer by the WBA...????

Had he faced Geale in a rematch, win lose or draw, he'd have gained some repects. Instead, he fights a mis-match against Falugia.

"He is fighting for a world title 18Kg heavier than his last fight."
Rubbish. Try anything above 7 kg's and he's in the required weight category. Anything above that is a bonus right up to the maximum 90kgs.
flamengo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013