boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836
Default Re: Calzaghe, Toney, Johnson, Winky Pick Jones Over Hopkins...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Are you and idiot Greg everyone knows that boxing influences the price of drugs sometimes you come off so stupid

I get it now.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Are you and idiot Greg everyone knows that boxing influences the price of drugs sometimes you come off so stupid

I've got a kilo ready if Ruiz wins
Guy is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I've got a kilo ready if Ruiz wins
Old 04-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post

I get it now.
I always laugh when some one makes a mistake like that now i know how it feels
LHL is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
I always laugh when some one makes a mistake like that now i know how it feels

Dont worry, your still the zoo keeper.

Wheres that Reddragonboxing to explain what he meant anyway.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He means Joe beat Roy handily so if Roy beats BHop the average ..ahem Joe will think coke is great
Guy is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #22
RedDragonBoxing
Ametuer Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 902

Haha i just meant Calzaghe would be right,and everyone else is making coke jokes so thought **** it why not
RedDragonBoxing is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #23
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
He means Joe beat Roy handily so if Roy beats BHop the average ..ahem Joe will think coke is great
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonBoxing View Post
Haha i just meant Calzaghe would be right,and everyone else is making coke jokes so thought **** it why not
and I thought my joke was bad....
Old 04-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #24
Axl_Nose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

To be quite honest, a lot of the guys on Brit forum seem to be very young fans and dont seem to know a lot about boxing, they mouth off and talk **** but theres no knowledge there, a lot of you guys just want to sound 'cool' ....

There are a few reasons why these guys are picking Jones over Hopkins. Firstly stylistically, Jones has speed and fast hands. Hopkins is not a big worker and his main weapon has always been the counter right hand, Jones is way to savvy to just walk onto that .. This will be a boxing match between guys who cant work to any kind of pace ..
I wouldnt be at all surprised if Jones beats Hopkins, it'll be a boring, exhibition type fight and Jones's speed could be the key ..

Calzaghe, Toney, Johnson and Winky are probably picking Jones out of sentimentality, they know that Roy Jones is up there with the greatest boxing 'talents' of all time and i'd possibly suggest that because Hopkins rubs people up the wrong way, maybe they all want Hopkins to lose ..

Roy Jones is one of the greats, Hopkins has made the most of what he had and created an old-school defensive style that has worked well for him over the years .... I like both guys, I know for a fact that in my whole life i'll never see another boxer as naturally talented and flamboyant as Jones, and i'll probably never see a guy who is as competitive and in as great a shape at such an advanced age as Hopkins ....

Its time some of you guys read some books and started to learn about the essence and the history of boxing. This Brit Forum used to be interesting with some good debates .. TFFP, Gazoc, Kosaros, Antcull always have interesting stuff to say, but the some of you other guys are total ****heads who know nothing about boxing .. Whats the whole 'Tough Guy hiding behind your computer screen, slagging off great fighters about ??', I dont know who the **** some of you think you are, with your lame jokes and your disrespecting fighters who have more talent in their little toe than you have in your whole bodies .... Its a joke !!
Axl_Nose is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #25
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

majority of them get their perdictions wrong!
Remember when how many said Pav would destroy Hopklins via KO..

I love it..if Roy brings a sprinkle of his old self it will be entertaining..
His fast hands and slickness can make a majority decision happen..
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #26
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose View Post
To be quite honest, a lot of the guys on Brit forum seem to be very young fans and dont seem to know a lot about boxing, they mouth off and talk **** but theres no knowledge there, a lot of you guys just want to sound 'cool' ....

There are a few reasons why these guys are picking Jones over Hopkins. Firstly stylistically, Jones has speed and fast hands. Hopkins is not a big worker and his main weapon has always been the counter right hand, Jones is way to savvy to just walk onto that .. This will be a boxing match between guys who cant work to any kind of pace ..
I wouldnt be at all surprised if Jones beats Hopkins, it'll be a boring, exhibition type fight and Jones's speed could be the key ..

Calzaghe, Toney, Johnson and Winky are probably picking Jones out of sentimentality, they know that Roy Jones is up there with the greatest boxing 'talents' of all time and i'd possibly suggest that because Hopkins rubs people up the wrong way, maybe they all want Hopkins to lose ..

Roy Jones is one of the greats, Hopkins has made the most of what he had and created an old-school defensive style that has worked well for him over the years .... I like both guys, I know for a fact that in my whole life i'll never see another boxer as naturally talented and flamboyant as Jones, and i'll probably never see a guy who is as competitive and in as great a shape at such an advanced age as Hopkins ....

Its time some of you guys read some books and started to learn about the essence and the history of boxing. This Brit Forum used to be interesting with some good debates .. TFFP, Gazoc, Kosaros, Antcull always have interesting stuff to say, but the some of you other guys are total ****heads who know nothing about boxing .. Whats the whole 'Tough Guy hiding behind your computer screen, slagging off great fighters about ??', I dont know who the **** some of you think you are, with your lame jokes and your disrespecting fighters who have more talent in their little toe than you have in your whole bodies .... Its a joke !!

Who's rattled your cage your pretentious little ****?
Jones is shot,every man and his dog knows that and Hopkins can still do the biz.Young and old fans can tell that from their previous few fights.
Guy is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #27
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose View Post
It could happen but it is unlikely.

Quote:
Clearly it is a joke. No offence was intended at all.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #28
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Calzaghe hates Hopkins...
Winky is a Florida boy...
Toney's just ****ing nuts...
Johnson is so old that he's probably suffering from amnesia and doesn't know who's who.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #29
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Here is why

Toney - Well he is just James Toney and a total legend, he could say anything
Johnson - He is old and speaking from an old folks home and thinks it is 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideOfWales View Post
Toney's just ****ing nuts...
Johnson is so old that he's probably suffering from amnesia and doesn't know who's who.

You chaps are on to something there
Guy is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #30
nip102
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 987

they all hate bhop
nip102 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum