Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Good performance by Haye last night, but....

.... it almost convinced me that he would'nt stand a chance against Wladimir Klitschko. His best bet if he was to fight one of the brothers would be Vitali in my opinion. Before the fight, I have always said Haye would probably knock Wlad out, but if Wlad employs the right tactics he can dispose of Haye with relative ease. Anyone agree?... Disagree?
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1088
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by s23041983 View Post
if Wlad employs the right tactics
If the tactics you're referring to are anything other than 'jab jab jab jab' for the first 8 rounds at least then I think you're in for a letdown...
Cobbler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In The Blue Corner...
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 75
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

If Haye lands on either Klit the way he did last night they will go...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler View Post
If the tactics you're referring to are anything other than 'jab jab jab jab' for the first 8 rounds at least then I think you're in for a letdown...
no i hope haye wins but i dont think he will be able to cope if wlad was to come out and look for the early knockout.
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

its easy enough saying ''if haye lands'' but HOW is he gonna land against Wlad? hes bigger, stronger, better defensively and has better footwork than any heavyweight haye has fought to date.

I dont want people to take this as i want haye to lose because i am a haye fan but im not overly iconvinced he has what it takes to get the wlad.
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #6
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just outside Glasgow
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Thoughjt Haye's defence was poor last night. We all know he carries his left low, but last night he was easy for Ruiz to hit on too many occasions. I hope I am wrong but I cant see Haye being able to put up with a dig off either Kilitschko, they are too big, and too strong. Look at the size difference between they 2 and ormeck who also had him on the brink of defeat. they will land rights hands for fun with him carrying his left so low.
supremo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Wlad never looks for the early KO.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #8
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremo View Post
Thoughjt Haye's defence was poor last night. We all know he carries his left low, but last night he was easy for Ruiz to hit on too many occasions. I hope I am wrong but I cant see Haye being able to put up with a dig off either Kilitschko, they are too big, and too strong. Look at the size difference between they 2 and ormeck who also had him on the brink of defeat. they will land rights hands for fun with him carrying his left so low.
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:03 AM   #9
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Wlad never looks for the early KO.
yeah i know but i have a feeling they will wanna settle him once and for all and embarass him.
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #10
rusticraver
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

i think haye would love wlad to look for the early ko
rusticraver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #11
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Haye's chances in my eyes havn't changed much over his last few fights. I still give him 30%.

The only way he can do it is to land a very big punch in the first or second round as he did tonight. Catch Klitschko before he's into rhythm. I don't mean necessarily KO the guy straight away, but you have to get into Wladimir's psyche. He has a very fragile mind. If he sees danger, or an awkward style infront of him, he can become very negative. He suddenly starts pawing the jab. He restricts his output of power punches. That is what Haye needs, if Wladimir is poking he can look to time him and the danger is significantly reduced of Haye getting hit with something big.

What he can't afford is to let Klitschko get confident. If that happens he's on very dangerous ground.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #12
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

And as a related point Wladimir is a good fight for Haye because he can talk his trash. I don't usually place much value in pre-fight antics but Wlad seems genuinely furious with Haye. If Haye talks some bullshit he can get into Wlad's mind. Like I said I believe he's weak minded. Haye can intimidate him and try to get him doing something different.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:20 AM   #13
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Haye's chances in my eyes havn't changed much over his last few fights. I still give him 30%.

The only way he can do it is to land a very big punch in the first or second round as he did tonight. Catch Klitschko before he's into rhythm. I don't mean necessarily KO the guy straight away, but you have to get into Wladimir's psyche. He has a very fragile mind. If he sees danger, or an awkward style infront of him, he can become very negative. He suddenly starts pawing the jab. He restricts his output of power punches. That is what Haye needs, if Wladimir is poking he can look to time him and the danger is significantly reduced of Haye getting hit with something big.

What he can't afford is to let Klitschko get confident. If that happens he's on very dangerous ground.
agreed
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #14
Stickandmove
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO MAS View Post
If Haye lands on either Klit the way he did last night they will go...
Wlad will go. But Vitali will take it unless he's shot due to age
Stickandmove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 AM   #15
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1088
Default Re: Good performance by Haye last night, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticraver View Post
i think haye would love wlad to look for the early ko
I agree, Haye's chances in a fight against Wlad increase the more Wlad goes out of his comfort zone and usual pattern. Wlad looking for an early ko because he is emotionally riled, or as TFFP says, Haye landing something early that shakes Wlad, all increase Haye's chances of a win.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013