Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Does Adam Booth need to go?

Don't know why lot's of people were giving him credit after the Valuev fight, where his biggest concern seemed to be Haye getting tagged, and which would have cost them the fight on a standard night in Germany.

Haye did well to beat Ruiz but it was mainly down to skills he already had, and if you look at the fight critically, there's a lot of improvement to be done.

I seriously think that if Haye wants a good chance against either Klitschko he needs to do some serious technical training. He obviously turns up in good shape, and knows how to fight aggressively very well, but there are still issues with stamina (which can be worked on, even with Booth) and bigger issues with defence.

Wladimir Klitschko in particular requires tools that Ruiz/Barrett/Valuev combined wouldn't require. He would probably throw more jabs in two rounds than Haye's three previous opponents did in the whole bout, and he's capable of throwing them continuously for 12 rounds.

Having a top strategist and an experienced trainer in your corner makes a lot of difference (if you're ready to put in the work, which I'm sure Haye is) and if he's going to go for the big fights he might as well prepare for them in the best possible way.

I just can't see it happening under Booth.
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841
Default Re: Does Adam Booth need to go?

He should definetly stay.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
rhinocoote
mexican steamroller
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 940

booth stays for sure
rhinocoote is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
punchdrunkgench
Contender
ESB Senior Member

booth has done a brillant job why on earth would you ditch a trainer who has helped you win a heavyweight strap and built you up to make loads a money sellin out 20000 stadiums and loadsa from ppv, what more can u want from him ... a pair of 36c titties?
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
BritInvasion
keepin on keepin on
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Its like Calzaghe/Calzaghe - it just works. Look at Naseem with Suarez / Manny for what can go wrong if he ditches Booth.
BritInvasion is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
Trenaman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The grass isnt always greener, he should stay. Haye has mentioned Roach before but i Booth and Haye seem a good fit. I dont think someone trying to drill in change would work with Hayes personality.
Trenaman is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

as a manager and coach his done a fantastic job
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #8
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's worked so far because Haye is much better than most of the people he's faced. For the Klitschko's, he's going to be an underdog. At the very least, someone needs to come in to prepare him for the fight.
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #9
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

He is by far the best new coach in British boxing, Farnell and co would do well to emulate his sucess.
ontheup is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #10
punchdrunkgench
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
It's worked so far because Haye is much better than most of the people he's faced. For the Klitschko's, he's going to be an underdog. At the very least, someone needs to come in to prepare him for the fight.
he analyises fights very well and work these robots out no problem.
and with regards to haye being an underdog aslong as the fights kept out of germany its a 50/50 fight or even haye slight favourite imo
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #11
Black2023
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ive watched David since 2001 when he went in against Solis. Ive watched the highs and the lows.....been ringside for Lassie Johansen and Enzo (in the stands).

I predicited from the Tony Booth fight that Haye would go onto be a world champion....so far so good. The only time i got it wrong was against Thompson when he lost becuase he outpunched himself. The problem with that fight is that whilst David learnt and adjusted his training he also is under the belief that he only needs to throw a certain amount of punches per round. I remember Adam in the corner when was fighting Barrett saying dont worry you havent thrown more than 27 punches or something along those lines suggesting that they had analyzed how many punches David should throw per round which is a fair analysis. Althought i fear this has somehow thrown away the need for David to improve cardiovascular and muscle endurance, along with energy systems. They need to find away to improve this because he has speed and power but always takes a breather when he has thrown 10 or so punches.

From a techincal point of view, alot of things early on were good, the way he threw his entire body into a punch, his head movement following a quick return of punches (see tyson) but becuase his cardio in my personal opnion isnt elite level then he starts to look sloppy, and his form worsens over the course of a fight. He needs to address this but this is where i know believe Haye might have reached his level.....why? Becuase when i see ringside that his entourage has increased and friends that he has are all of a sudden coming around but in the end of the day he dosent need them there.....they will only turn to yes men.

I predicted David to beat Valuev and Ruiz but in far quicker times than he actually has. My conclusion is that he better than most in the division but will get cuaght out by a lesser skilled fighter at one point. In essence what im saying is that he cant keep getting away with the obvious flaws.

Also i believe he should take on Vitali as he is the easier brother, the man is unsteady and past his prime. On the grand scheme of things, David needs to improve BUT from watching him over the years, all of sudden the new found fame and loads of his friends being there to pat his back......creates lazyness and an attidude of what im doing now is succesful so i dont need to change.

The writing is on the wall.
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #12
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

He told him to use the jab and walk him onto shots. He was right with that but he doesn't get David into good enough shape nor does he sharpen him up technically. Haye needs to get with Roach quickly.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I agree. He clearly wasn't complacent against Ruiz.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #14
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I personally would like to see David more cut as opposed to bulky, this will improve his fitmess and speed. Dont get me wrong he is very muscular but it is more bulky muscle as opposed to cut muscle.
ontheup is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #15
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Being 'cut' is primarily about diet. The more relaxed diet means Haye is keeping more fluids, but certainly his speed didn't look threatened.
threethirteen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum