Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #33
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Does Adam Booth need to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
He told him to use the jab and walk him onto shots. He was right with that but he doesn't get David into good enough shape nor does he sharpen him up technically. Haye needs to get with Roach quickly.

Its difficult, David do 10 press ups, he reaches 9......David i said do 10....Davi stands up look adam ive done 9 thats good enough ok.....but dave we said 10.....look adam 9 is enough and im winning so lets leave (intense eye gaze) then head trainer Adam thinks **** it why should i risk losing a fighter for one damn press up....ive invested love, time etc and im due future paysdays....i have a family to feed.

In a football (soccer) or basketball team you just drop the guy, the manager dosent depend on the the actual athelte for money......so the yes man comes to fruitation.

Look at what happend to Rooney with Tyson...Mike dumped him becuase rooney would do his head in.

Its a difficult situation to explain to a two weight world champion......dave this one press means everything......dont you get it? Its mean that extra mile, that extra stength sessions, that extra skills session is needed.....every per cent count.......David turns round and says Adam its one press up....i dont want to do it ok? Adam knows deep down that his charge might have done this for his first title shot but cant tell him what to do totally..........i mean in the background his childhood friends are there saying heavyweighttttttttttt championnnnnnnn offffffffff the worldddddddddd
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #34
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Just watched the fight again after been there last night and there were a few comments from Booth that caught my ear.

First was Booth telling him he could 'jab like this all night'
Second was Booth telling him 'believe in our style'

Makes me think that Haye might not be entirely happy with the preparation he's doing.
mcguirpa is online now  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #35
Brick-Top
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Why stop a winning formula? He didnt look as sharp in defense and seem to fatigue a bit but his sparring had been cut well short so thats a good enough excuse in my book
Brick-Top is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #36
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirpa View Post
Just watched the fight again after been there last night and there were a few comments from Booth that caught my ear.

First was Booth telling him he could 'jab like this all night'
Second was Booth telling him 'believe in our style'

Makes me think that Haye might not be entirely happy with the preparation he's doing.
I think you are reading things that are not there mate.

Haye and booth best partnership there is

I hate that roach is trotted out whenever someone needs a new trainer, there are some damn good trainers who don't get the exposure that this guy gets because they don't have a 24/7 show to promote them.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #37
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Ambience and all that shit is just as important as tactics etc. Haye obviously feels comfortable around Booth and is probably hoping that they can keep riding the wave of momentum and beat the Klits.

Haye can improve in certain areas but at the end of the day there is only so much a boxer can do with what they're given, and you do run the risk of losing what got you this far if you try and tinker too much.

Haye should just go with what he knows now and make tweaks within that framework for each opponent he faces from this point on.
Bonavena25 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #38
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

No, that is change for the sake of change.

They won both the Valuev and Ruiz fights as comfortably as possible. The Valuev gameplan while being extremely boring was about the limit of Haye's abilities, he's never been a guy with endless reserves of stamina, he sacrifies it for punch power. It was a risk free plan that just about worked.

Unless I missed something they fought a reasonably good fight against Ruiz. It was a domination.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #39
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
i didn't like the way Haye was eating a few jabs from slow Ruiz.... Wlad would cut and ruin his face (pizza face as wlad says)....with his mighty long Piston Jab....I could also see Haye walking ijnto the right hand from Wlad... I just hope Haye tightens up a bit.... and when fighting the klits he takes 'em out before they get to him
i think letting ruiz land some jabs(not as many as he did mind) was part of the plan, haye wanted ruiz to come at him, so by giving him a little success, he knows ruiz will continue to use that jab, lets haye set up future attacks without having to go after ruiz too much.
and in response to the thread, no.
if haye and booth split up, that would be the end of haye at the top. i dont think anyone knows haye as well as booth does. when im speaking about booth, i often call him "adam haye" - freudian slip?, i see them as a double act
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #40
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

from now on its 'brother adam'.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #41
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

"brother adam haye" then
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #42
abzmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1225

NO. Booth - Haye is a great combination. I like Booth's scientific approach to things, calculated a method to beat a fighter and Haye implementing the plan. Saw nothing last night to suggest Haye needs a new trainer.
abzmanc is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #43
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

No, Haye and Booth work well together.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #44
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
Don't know why lot's of people were giving him credit after the Valuev fight, where his biggest concern seemed to be Haye getting tagged, and which would have cost them the fight on a standard night in Germany.

Haye did well to beat Ruiz but it was mainly down to skills he already had, and if you look at the fight critically, there's a lot of improvement to be done.

I seriously think that if Haye wants a good chance against either Klitschko he needs to do some serious technical training. He obviously turns up in good shape, and knows how to fight aggressively very well, but there are still issues with stamina (which can be worked on, even with Booth) and bigger issues with defence.

Wladimir Klitschko in particular requires tools that Ruiz/Barrett/Valuev combined wouldn't require. He would probably throw more jabs in two rounds than Haye's three previous opponents did in the whole bout, and he's capable of throwing them continuously for 12 rounds.

Having a top strategist and an experienced trainer in your corner makes a lot of difference (if you're ready to put in the work, which I'm sure Haye is) and if he's going to go for the big fights he might as well prepare for them in the best possible way.

I just can't see it happening under Booth.
Hmmm...
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #45
JML
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 620

He should stay but I think the stamina issues should be addressed.
JML is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum