Old 04-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #46
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Adam Booth need to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2023 View Post
Its difficult, David do 10 press ups, he reaches 9......David i said do 10....Davi stands up look adam ive done 9 thats good enough ok.....but dave we said 10.....look adam 9 is enough and im winning so lets leave (intense eye gaze) then head trainer Adam thinks **** it why should i risk losing a fighter for one damn press up....ive invested love, time etc and im due future paysdays....i have a family to feed.

In a football (soccer) or basketball team you just drop the guy, the manager dosent depend on the the actual athelte for money......so the yes man comes to fruitation.

Look at what happend to Rooney with Tyson...Mike dumped him becuase rooney would do his head in.

Its a difficult situation to explain to a two weight world champion......dave this one press means everything......dont you get it? Its mean that extra mile, that extra stength sessions, that extra skills session is needed.....every per cent count.......David turns round and says Adam its one press up....i dont want to do it ok? Adam knows deep down that his charge might have done this for his first title shot but cant tell him what to do totally..........i mean in the background his childhood friends are there saying heavyweighttttttttttt championnnnnnnn offffffffff the worldddddddddd
It depends on whether the trainer wants to be respected in his own right. If he believes in his own abilities as a trainer then by now he should have produced someone else and be able to leave Haye. Guys like Steward and Roach can tell you to go **** yourself because they have another big fighter in the pipeline.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #47
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2023 View Post
Ive watched David since 2001 when he went in against Solis. Ive watched the highs and the lows.....been ringside for Lassie Johansen and Enzo (in the stands).

I predicited from the Tony Booth fight that Haye would go onto be a world champion....so far so good. The only time i got it wrong was against Thompson when he lost becuase he outpunched himself. The problem with that fight is that whilst David learnt and adjusted his training he also is under the belief that he only needs to throw a certain amount of punches per round. I remember Adam in the corner when was fighting Barrett saying dont worry you havent thrown more than 27 punches or something along those lines suggesting that they had analyzed how many punches David should throw per round which is a fair analysis. Althought i fear this has somehow thrown away the need for David to improve cardiovascular and muscle endurance, along with energy systems. They need to find away to improve this because he has speed and power but always takes a breather when he has thrown 10 or so punches.

From a techincal point of view, alot of things early on were good, the way he threw his entire body into a punch, his head movement following a quick return of punches (see tyson) but becuase his cardio in my personal opnion isnt elite level then he starts to look sloppy, and his form worsens over the course of a fight. He needs to address this but this is where i know believe Haye might have reached his level.....why? Becuase when i see ringside that his entourage has increased and friends that he has are all of a sudden coming around but in the end of the day he dosent need them there.....they will only turn to yes men.

I predicted David to beat Valuev and Ruiz but in far quicker times than he actually has. My conclusion is that he better than most in the division but will get cuaght out by a lesser skilled fighter at one point. In essence what im saying is that he cant keep getting away with the obvious flaws.

Also i believe he should take on Vitali as he is the easier brother, the man is unsteady and past his prime. On the grand scheme of things, David needs to improve BUT from watching him over the years, all of sudden the new found fame and loads of his friends being there to pat his back......creates lazyness and an attidude of what im doing now is succesful so i dont need to change.

The writing is on the wall.

The writing was on the wall.
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #48
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
Don't know why lot's of people were giving him credit after the Valuev fight.
Me neither. Everyone saw pensioner Holyfield beat Valeuv easily,Booth simply did the same thing
bam bam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #49
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

If this thread, was made by Ironside or some other "No Mark" i would of ripped right into them.

But in this case, i will just leave........quietly.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #50
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

What has Haye become at HW other than really tentative against Valuev, Harrison and Wlad? Ruiz was a very old, slow but tough fighter with okay power but very weak skills. Hell, he was smaller than David. Just because he was overweight doesn't mean he is bigger.

Booths master tactics were to box against DeGale and Valuev. If the other fighters didn't come to fight, there would be very boring fights. The master tactician thing got blown out of proportion. Even when he was explaining how to beat DeGale on ringside his own technique was piss poor. Its possible he wasn't trying to be technically correct but given Haye and Groves poor technique, I doubt it.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #51
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
If this thread, was made by Ironside or some other "No Mark" i would of ripped right into them.

But in this case, i will just leave........quietly.
I thought you were leaving the forum anyways?
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #52
dvb
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he needs booth to make him improve his balance and footwork. versatility in counter attacking and coming forward pressureing.

he needs to not potshot and wait less,to be more attacking with getting off first and throwing/landing better combinations.

Needs to jab when not throwing to score points each round.

should have worked the body of wlad better,should have jabbed with the left to get scoring from judges.

should have learnt to fight good on the inside.

should have been pawing/jabbing the jab from wlad.

should have let go,wlad doesnt counter and when wlad was in close he was prime for a right hand left hook,and body shots.
dvb is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #53
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML View Post
He should stay but I think the stamina issues should be addressed.
He's always perhaps had stamina issues though, the loss to Thompson was largely down to gassing.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #54
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
I thought you were leaving the forum anyways?
Sugar Ray Leonard came out of retirement after 5 years.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #55
Moe Greene

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Sugar Ray Leonard came out of retirement after 5 years.
And look how well that went...
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #56
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Who got David Haye to where he is..? Who trained and implemented George Grove's game plan against James Degale, in the biggest domestic fight at Supermiddle Weight since Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubank. Adam Booth is a fantastic training, he's a conditioning coach, a head coach, and a boxer trainer all roled into one. He's not retarded as **** and backwards like most old school boxing trainers, he's part of the new school. Adam Booth has a great tatical mind and see's boxing with a heightened sense, from a technical and tatical point of view. The reason why David Haye lost on july 2nd, was due to himself not being able to fully implement his physical skills and game plan........"Like he would of wanted to".

Adam Booth specifically post fight, said..."I asked David Haye to do something, and the rounds would go by and for the first time in his career, for whatever reason he was unable to do it, in the past he would etheir do it, or atleast try to do it"

Manny Pac will look like a complete retard vs Floyd Mayweather, and if this is how people treat trainers in the aftermath of a loss.

"I want to see the same criticism for Roach"
Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #57
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

left of topic...was booth on frank brunos team for the 96 tyson fight?
doug.ie is online now  Top
Old 07-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #58
DON1
ICEMAN
ESB Addict

Who is the knobjockey who thinks Vitali is the weaker brother?
DON1 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #59
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

This is a ridiculous question. if youd asked on July 1st, pretty much everyone would have concurredhe was the best coach in the UK for his work with Haye and Groves, now because Haye lost to the worlds best heavyweight, hes got to go???
Haye was still was in the fight from 1st bell to last,and landed the most visably hurtful punches despite giving away such physical advantage. Wlad,on the night was just too big and too good. Booth wasnt throwing the punches, Haye was!
Booth is an excellent coach, always gives clear, calm instructions and comes up with a strategy everytime.
Now Haye was fighting a guy 2 stone bigger, its exhausting to do that,and I thought his stamina held up ok.
If his conditioning isnt up to scratch, bring in a top conditioner, or change camp to altitude or whatever,but the very last change Haye should be looking at making is his coach.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #60
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb View Post
he needs booth to make him improve his balance and footwork. versatility in counter attacking and coming forward pressureing.

Hayes balance and footwork is usually very good, it was a mix of the broken toe and having to lunge somuch to reach that made him clumsy.

he needs to not potshot and wait less,to be more attacking with getting off first and throwing/landing better combinations.

he had no choice but to draw punches from Wlad, thats why he was waiting so much, trying to draw an opportunity to counter. He had to avoid getting grabbed and leant on, so was trying tomake Wlad miss, pay and away.

Needs to jab when not throwing to score points each round.

Jabs falling short dont score,no point in wasting the energy.Get in a battle of jabbing with a Klitschko, you lose.
should have worked the body of wlad better,should have jabbed with the left to get scoring from judges.
Its harder to punch meaningfully to the body from range,and very risky. Gotta close the gap to go tothe body, and not easy with someone somuch bigger
should have learnt to fight good on the inside.
Gotta get inside 1st, and then you got a 250lb man tying you up and leaning on you.

should have been pawing/jabbing the jab from wlad.
Eh? Doing that your inviting the right hand, the very punch he needed most to avoid

should have let go,wlad doesnt counter and when wlad was in close he was prime for a right hand left hook,and body shots.
Thats what he wanted, to step in, under, outside the jab and throw the right hand over Wlads left shoulder, just was unable to.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum