Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #16
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I wasn't impressed with Haye at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Yeah that must be my motivation.
Any motivation to pick holes in what Haye did last night is pretty lame.

Go and tell the general forum, youll make tons of new friends!
Neverchair is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #17
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I pretty much agree with the thread and initial post........ The Klits are too big for Haye and he's flaws won't help.
kel is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #18
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

I felt his lack of concentration was an issue in that fight, and the main issue. At times it looked like he was focussing too much on what he was doing and not keeping defensivly aware at all times. But against Valuev he did it well so it could have just been an off night.

The way he set traps and stepped in with hard accurate shots really was impressive, and when he did work that jab it was effective.

If I was working with Haye, I would focus on being more rounded defensivly and keeping concentrated more.

But Strike, it is interesting you give Haye no chance against Vitali Klitschko but a better chance against Wladimir Klitschko.

Vitali is much slower and more hittable than Wlad, he also isnt as big a puncher. I think Haye could out manuever Vitali for a decision.

However against Wlad, I think Wladimir would be able to keep Haye at range and Wladimir would win a decision.

You couldnt explain why?
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #19
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Haye's not training hard enough at HW. He wasn't in good enough shape for Valuev or Ruiz. The guy who warred with Fragomeni is no more. His punching technique is atrocious and even worse when he gets tired.

This version of Haye gets put to sleep by both Klits unless he can ko them inside 3 rounds.
Thats because of the additional weight his put on. That said Haye has always been a front runner. I dont know why anyone is actually surprised by his relatively poor stamina and conservative output which he has to conserve in order to go the full 12.

Hayes peformance despite any flaws was very good. Ruiz is known for his tenacity and durability. Despite a long career and being 38 years of age his never been beaten up. This was the first time in his career he was truly beaten up. Very good peformance from Haye in my eyes.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #20
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
They speak about Haye as if no other boxer has faults. Wlad has faults, Vitali has faults, and, shock horror, Haye has faults. The fact with all three fighters is that their pluses outweigh their minuses
Excellent point.

We seem to be holding Haye to a higher standard, and gasp whenever someone lands a shot on him. He isn't 6'8, more work is required on his part to avoid exchanges. All in all, despite the obvious flaws Haye has, I felt he beat John Ruiz efficiently and conclusively. I look forward to seeing him grow as a fighter, and perhaps when sparring is more readily available in his next fight, we could see a more elusive David with better timing.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #21
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I pretty much agree with the thread and initial post........ The Klits are too big for Haye and he's flaws won't help.
Haye wont beat Vitali in a month of sundays. But against Vlad he stands a VERY good chance. Vlad has never liked speedy punchers. Haye is both. The biggest problem Haye has is negating Vlads jab. That shouldnt prove too difficult if he can learn to keep his left up instead of dangling it at his waist. Then again he's been doing that since he turned pro. Old habits die hard.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #22
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
Any motivation to pick holes in what Haye did last night is pretty lame.

Go and tell the general forum, youll make tons of new friends!
Yeah being critical about your favourite fighter or football team or being anything other than a cheerleader is lame.
Some of my points were supposed to be about things he can improve, ie the use of the jab, but if you read anything that is not pathetic fanboy stuff as being lame and out of order than I'd guess that would pass you by.

In fact I'm guessing you didn't even read my post, just saw the title, got all angry and posted.
Good contribution, thanks.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #23
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lets also remember that the likelihood of Haye fighting a Klitschko with the same tactics as Ruiz is unlikely. Adam Booth and Haye arent idiots. They know not to walk up to Vitali with a low guard and no jab (you'd hope).
Old 04-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #24
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Haye's not training hard enough at HW. He wasn't in good enough shape for Valuev or Ruiz. The guy who warred with Fragomeni is no more. His punching technique is atrocious and even worse when he gets tired.

This version of Haye gets put to sleep by both Klits unless he can ko them inside 3 rounds.
What on earth are you talking about??
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #25
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
I felt his lack of concentration was an issue in that fight, and the main issue. At times it looked like he was focussing too much on what he was doing and not keeping defensivly aware at all times. But against Valuev he did it well so it could have just been an off night.

The way he set traps and stepped in with hard accurate shots really was impressive, and when he did work that jab it was effective.

If I was working with Haye, I would focus on being more rounded defensivly and keeping concentrated more.

But Strike, it is interesting you give Haye no chance against Vitali Klitschko but a better chance against Wladimir Klitschko.

Vitali is much slower and more hittable than Wlad, he also isnt as big a puncher. I think Haye could out manuever Vitali for a decision.

However against Wlad, I think Wladimir would be able to keep Haye at range and Wladimir would win a decision.

You couldnt explain why?
Yes it is pretty simple to me. Vitali is more hittable and easier to outbox but that would require Haye to go 12 rounds, outscoring Vitali and his workrate is simply far too low to do that IMO.
Vitali does throw enough jabs and rights per round to mean he would outscore Haye even if he only landed 50% of what he threw. Haye cannot hope to avoid all those punches, he is much faster but not exactly cute in defence.

Wlad offers the chance due to being vunerable. If Haye could land a big right in the opening round, Wlad would be in trouble. It would also set up the next few rounds (assuming he didn't finish Wlad) as easier for Haye because Wlad has a tendency to go into a shell a bit.

If you look at some of the rounds last night, Haye threw about 10 punches per round. That simply wont do against Vitali and he cannot even luck out and land a bomb that will put him away. The guy has never been dropped, never mind stopped and he has a big reach advantage, so he will land the jab.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #26
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Haye wont beat Vitali in a month of sundays. But against Vlad he stands a VERY good chance. Vlad has never liked speedy punchers. Haye is both. The biggest problem Haye has is negating Vlads jab. That shouldnt prove too difficult if he can learn to keep his left up instead of dangling it at his waist. Then again he's been doing that since he turned pro. Old habits die hard.
Scurla, just as you said, Haye has always had stamina issues, he's always held his left low... he isn't gonna change now.

You are right though, the key against Wlad is negating that jab. I think Haye would need to lead off to do that, and maintain a high work rate. Could he do that? I don't think so.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #27
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Yeah being critical about your favourite fighter or football team or being anything other than a cheerleader is lame.
Some of my points were supposed to be about things he can improve, ie the use of the jab, but if you read anything that is not pathetic fanboy stuff as being lame and out of order than I'd guess that would pass you by.

In fact I'm guessing you didn't even read my post, just saw the title, got all angry and posted.
Good contribution, thanks.
Im sure you are. Guess guess work appears to be the basis of all your previous posts.

And it appears that as my contribution differs from yours, you've got sand in your vagina about it.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:03 AM   #28
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
Scurla, just as you said, Haye has always had stamina issues, he's always held his left low... he isn't gonna change now.

You are right though, the key against Wlad is negating that jab. I think Haye would need to lead off to do that, and maintain a high work rate. Could he do that? I don't think so.
Not neccesarily. Look at Vlad's losses. Vlad has always had problems with box punchers. He's a relatively static target and very cautious in the ring. If Haye presents himself as a stationary target he's in alot of trouble. But i doubt that would be the case. I wouldnt be surprised though if this fight were to happen to see David come in alot lighter. As he MUSt be ready to go the full 12 and beat Vlad to the punch. If he cant do that or carry his power into the later rounds he's getting knocked out.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #29
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It was a very entertaining fight. Haye is a big big puncher. There was some negatives such as I think coming in a bit to heavy at 222 pounds. I prefer him to be at 216-218 pounds. He got got with counters and did wonder at times if he was gassing. That said he was able to change strategy in the middle rounds using lateral movement and effectively force Ruiz corner to throw in the towel to save Ruiz from further punishment.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #30
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
Im sure you are. Guess guess work appears to be the basis of all your previous posts.

And it appears that as my contribution differs from yours, you've got sand in your vagina about it.

No, just found your posts pointless and whiny.
Strike is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum