Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 AM   #61
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900
Default Re: Amateur boxing championship starting 17 October and will be closed at 3 November

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
According to the draw Australia has no 75 kg fighter at the WCs.
yeah i noticed that...

maybe we dnt have a fighter at 75kg but if we do it would be Fletcher
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 08:04 AM   #62
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900
Default Re: Amateur boxing championship starting 17 October and will be closed at 3 November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Question! Will Brad Pitt's looks help him with any of the female judges?
wrong guy dude lol
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #63
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Thanks a lot NBT for picture
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #64
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3723
any television for the worlds?
I heard that only Sport 1 from Russia will show live ?
Talk with avk , he knows better .
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #65
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Some more pics from the parade
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good news for Artani, Albanian "future world champion" Naim Terbunja managed not to get knocked out in his bout. But he still was eliminated in the first round by Armenian Andranik Hakobyan.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by NBT; 10-24-2007 at 06:55 PM.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #66
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Swedish Naim Terbunja lost his first bout to Armanian Andranik Hakobyan on points 17-19. Terbunja had an early lead, but lost it in round 3. 75 kg:s Finnish guy Niko Jokinen continues to the second fights. He got an WO over the Spanish kid, who failed the medicals.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #67
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Very bad for one prospect like Naim Terbunja. Im talking like journalist. I wait more from him and was in contact always with him , he is very diciplined and was prepare a lot for this championiship, but this happens. I would say him to not stay any more in the amateur, he must go now in profesional. He arrive in the quarter final in the last amateur world championship in the Mianyang 2005.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 AM   #68
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

2nd day 57 kg, 75 kg, 91 kg and 91+ kg in action

57 kg
Russian EC Albert Selimov and Alexei Shaidulin reached the next round. Stephen Smith (3rd EC 2006) lost to Marcel Herfurth. herfurth has to fight Selimov next, which is probalby the end of the road for him. Khedafi Djelkhir lost (maybe with a bit of home judging?) to American Raynell Williams.
75 kg
Kazakh Olympic welterweight gold medalist Bakhtijar Artayev and defending WC and EC Matvei Korobov won their bouts with stoppage wins.

91 kg
EC 2006 3rd Alexander Povernov won his bout and has to fight next against Krzysztof Zimnoch of Poland, who eliminated American Deontay Wilder in his first round fight. Clemente Russo of Italy won against England's Daniel Price. 2004 Olympic silver medalist Viktar Zuyev of Belarus lost against Vitalijus Subacius of Lithuania. Brad Pitt didn't get any breaks for his looks and is out too.

91+ kg
American Michael Hunter won against some very fat Mexican. Roberto Cammarelle, as expected, won against Alabanian Nelson Hysa. Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria and Dvid Price of England reached the next round. Hungary's Csaba Kurtusz is out.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
NBT is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 07:39 AM   #69
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

THANKS NBT! And by the way great pictures.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #70
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You're the MAN NBT, thanks for the up dates. By the way how old is Roberto now? I have to think he is getting too old to turn pro, which is a shame.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #71
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
You're the MAN NBT, thanks for the up dates. By the way how old is Roberto now? I have to think he is getting too old to turn pro, which is a shame.
I think Roberto Cammarelle is around 29 years of age. I have seen him before. Cammarelle has very good size, speed, and skills. He gave Povetkin very tough fights before the 2004 Olympics. If Roberto has a weakness, I think his toughness and stamina are average.

Though he flashes big time talent, Cammarelle is an under achiever. I still think he'd make a fine pro if he wanted to and would do about as well as Laun Krasniqui...maybe a bit better because Cammarelle some real KO power in his hook.

Here's a photo of Roberto:
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #72
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Cammarelle was born on July 30th, 1980 so he is 27 years old. I guess he will stick around at least until the Olympics, he'll be 28 than. Pretty old to turn pro but not too old, if he wants to do it. But many career amateurs are pretty comfortable in their position and have no desire to turn pro, not everyone is made for the pro business and I can't blame them. Cammarelle has skills, no doubt, but I don't actually think of him as an underachiever. I seem him as 2nd or 3rd place material because there are usually some guys around that are better than him like Povetkin, Solis, Timurziev etc.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #73
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So why is it when an American wins it's home judging? The judges are AIBA officials from all over the world. Raynell Williams is an outstanding fighter and just happened to beat the bejesus out of his opponent. Shawn Estrada RSCO'd his opponent and Gary Russel won as well. But let me guess, since they're Americans, it's all home town judging, right?
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 03:44 AM   #74
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Great coverage, NBT. Thanks!
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 AM   #75
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

3rd day was 48kg, 51 kg , 60 kg, 69 kg and 81 kg

48 kg
There were only 5 preliminary fights, Pal Bedak (Hungary), David Ayrapetyan (Russia) and defending WC Zhou Shiming (China) reached the next round with comfortable point win. Very weird draw btw 4 of the big favourites have to eliminate each other in the 2nd and 3rd round. Bedak has to fight Ayrapetyan and the winner has to take on the winner of Zhakypov and Shiming... Looks like it's made to grant some people an easy qualification for 2008...

51 kg
saw the first round clash between French Jerome Thomas (WC 2001, 2nd WC 2003, 3rd 2002 Olympics, 2nd 2004 Olympics) and Georgi Balakshin (Russia). They already met a few times in the past decade, for the first time in 1997 at the final of the Junior European Championships which Balakshin won, 2001 when Thomas won the world title Balakshin came in 3rd. At the EC 2002 Balakshin won and Thomas was 3rd. Tough draw for an opening match and the Russian won 25-11 on points. Too bad for Thomas because he is always a candidate for medals.

60 kg
Nothing too exciting here, Saddam Ali got the nod against some pPuerto Rican, so no need to bring out the suicide bomb ... yet. Bulgarian Kolev Ognyan lost to some Filipino guy.

69 kg
Russian Andrei Balanov won his bout against Ukrainian Olexandr Stretsky, American Andrade reached the next round as well.

81 kg
Ukraininan Ismail Syllakh (2nd EC 2006) was eliminated by American Christopher Downs with a close points decision 27-25 (dubious? ).

Last edited by NBT; 10-26-2007 at 09:51 AM.
NBT is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum