Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #31
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ruslan chagaev training routine

Chagaev needs to retire. I don't think he has a lot left in him. They should let Boytsov fight against him. Winner should get Helenius.
madballster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Chageav busted up a few bums in confidence boosters, He beat a solid journeyman in Kertson Manswell in 8 rounds. Knocked him down twice I think and then KTFO a can named Billy Zumbrun in 3 rounds. I remember that fight he smashed the guys nose with one giant shot. I say toss him in with a world level guy soon, Helenius, Pulev, ect are good retirement opponents for a year or so.

I like Chageav very tough guy in the ring, rarely gets beaten up and/or dominated with the Wlad fight as a legit exception.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #33
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Chageav busted up a few bums in confidence boosters, He beat a solid journeyman in Kertson Manswell in 8 rounds. Knocked him down twice I think and then KTFO a can named Billy Zumbrun in 3 rounds. I remember that fight he smashed the guys nose with one giant shot. I say toss him in with a world level guy soon, Helenius, Pulev, ect are good retirement opponents for a year or so.

I like Chageav very tough guy in the ring, rarely gets beaten up and/or dominated with the Wlad fight as a legit exception.
Rarely gets beaten up? Don't understand what you mean, he only lost twice

Chagaev is boxing on the undercard of Felix Sturm vs. Daniel Geale. He left universum to be a free agent.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #34
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Ruslan Chagaev, the former WBA heavyweight champion of the world, has been competing under German promotional company Universum for more than eight years since joining their team in 2004. In his interview with Allboxing.ru, Chagaev revealed some details regarding the plan to move his career into another direction in the very near future and commented on the reasons behind the move.

“I need to move forward, and Universum cannot provide me with a sufficient amount of regular fights. I just cannot compete regularly within the team. When Universum changed its board and its head, I hoped the situation would turn out to be for the best but without [a deal] with the cable channels it’s very hard to accomplish.

"Time has passed by and I have fought just twice in over a year and a half. This rate of activity is way too low for me, and I’m not satisfied. I sat down with Waldemar (Waldemar Kluch is a current head of Universum Box-Promotion), we talked for a bit and came to a mutual agreement to terminate my contract, so now I’m a free agent. A free agent has a bigger pool of possibilities; he can insert his fights on different cards himself, and it’s easier than for a promoter to find him a place on there. I have experienced a soft, friendly departure from Universum, so I’m ready to fight on their cards as well, as soon as I receive a lucrative offer.

"I’m training under Michael Timm’s guidance now, getting all way to Schwerin (100 kms) but I’m also looking for a new candidate to work as my head coach. Timm works presently with the German national amateur team, so he will not be in my corner onvfight night – it’s not allowed. Artur Grigoryan will help me during [my next] fight instead. I’ll continue to train both in Germany and in the States after the fight – thanks to my former and new contacts overseas."
He could still have yet another big win to come.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #35
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
He was 19 yrs old there, maybe still only 18. At 22 he was at SHW and at 24 was a 230lb pro. He can be a in shape 230lbs trying to act like he's a blown up CW is ridiculous. He's more solid and legit at 230lbs than the 6'4 Arreola is.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Some "knowledgeable" boxing fans would look at this pic at incorrectly state that Chagaev is "fat". I swear boxing has the highest percentage of clueless "fans".
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #36
pirao666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge View Post
Some "knowledgeable" boxing fans would look at this pic at incorrectly state that Chagaev is "fat". I swear boxing has the highest percentage of clueless "fans".
It really does, only football comes close in that regard.
pirao666 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum