Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #16
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Royal County
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 895
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Great list Rob I look forward to reading part 2 tommorrow.

Also after reading that does anybody else think that the obvious fight that needs to be made in British Boxing right now is Brian Magee-Paul Smith. The winner would have a genuine claim at a shot for a world title and for me it is probably the biggest domestic fight that can be made, my only worry is the rumours that Brian has signed up with Ricky if that is true then that could hold that fight from being made.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #17
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 75
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalt0208 View Post
Great list Rob I look forward to reading part 2 tommorrow.

Also after reading that does anybody else think that the obvious fight that needs to be made in British Boxing right now is Brian Magee-Paul Smith. The winner would have a genuine claim at a shot for a world title and for me it is probably the biggest domestic fight that can be made, my only worry is the rumours that Brian has signed up with Ricky if that is true then that could hold that fight from being made.
dont u just ****ing hate promoters sometimes
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #18
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Royal County
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 895
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
dont u just ****ing hate promoters sometimes
You're telling me why do they have to have such great ego's just luck beyond whether you like one another and look at the fact you will make lots of money.

Paul Smith has no worthy contenders for the British left other than George Groves and James Degale which just doesn't make sense for any of them at the moment in time and if he wants to take a small step back there is Carl Dilks I guess. Who else is available to him if he is going to be a headliner (unless he takes on a world title eliminator that is) on FFN.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #19
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalt0208 View Post
You're telling me why do they have to have such great ego's just luck beyond whether you like one another and look at the fact you will make lots of money.

Paul Smith has no worthy contenders for the British left other than George Groves and James Degale which just doesn't make sense for any of them at the moment in time and if he wants to take a small step back there is Carl Dilks I guess. Who else is available to him if he is going to be a headliner (unless he takes on a world title eliminator that is) on FFN.
Kenny A nderson would be a worthy challenger and imo the new champion as i dont beleive any SMW can live with his power if he landed flush on
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #20
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Kenny A nderson would be a worthy challenger and imo the new champion as i dont beleive any SMW can live with his power if he landed flush on

ontheup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:19 AM   #21
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Kenny A nderson would be a worthy challenger and imo the new champion as i dont beleive any SMW can live with his power if he landed flush on
He is not in Groves, Degales or for that matter Smiths class.
ontheup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 AM   #22
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Big daddy avid sez smigg will be back!
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Smith and magee is the LOGICAL step for Smith. Groves, Degale, Anderson et al should be fighting amoungst themselves now. With Smigga having a ranking with WBO, why shouldn't he get a shot? Look at people like kevin mitchell. His career has been similar to Smith's in terms of the opposition he has fought and career path, and no one is kicking off at him getting his shot. I think we should be happy we are in a position to create threads about our potential World champions.
avidlemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #23
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheup View Post
He is not in Groves, Degales or for that matter Smiths class.
listen mate Anderson has got more power than either of those three guys and i hope he proves it,dont underestimate him!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #24
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
fair shout then mate but personally think he's the best super middle in britain. cant see the problem with stepping up and if he falls short at least he tried
He may only have had 9 fights but I really think George Groves is special. He really is.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #25
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
ok,as long as rob remembers the scottish talent i'd hate to think he would ha ha
Burns will probs be Thursday in Part 3....
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #26
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by under the wire View Post
Nothing against him but he's only really proved himself as the best in Liverpool yet. Quigley is the biggest name on his record and some guys thought he lost that fight. But if he does get a title shot I hope he wins it.
completley agree.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #27
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Sometimes I forget which Smith we are talking about here...it can't be the overweight, swing, miss, grab merchant who we saw fighting Dodson the other week, surely not
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #28
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
listen mate Anderson has got more power than either of those three guys and i hope he proves it,dont underestimate him!
I respect your sticking up for your fighter Billy but clearly Groves has allot of pop so that is a big shout. Fight could happen as Groves has a belt now so Anderson should be aiming for him and Groves isnt ducking anybody.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #29
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
Smith and magee is the LOGICAL step for Smith. Groves, Degale, Anderson et al should be fighting amoungst themselves now. With Smigga having a ranking with WBO, why shouldn't he get a shot? Look at people like kevin mitchell. His career has been similar to Smith's in terms of the opposition he has fought and career path, and no one is kicking off at him getting his shot. I think we should be happy we are in a position to create threads about our potential World champions.
Mitchell has made his step up agaisnt Presscott. Smith has yet to step beyond British (Liverpool) level. Magee would be a very good fight.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #30
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Big daddy avid sez smigg will be back!
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British fighters that could get a World Title fight in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Sometimes I forget which Smith we are talking about here...it can't be the overweight, swing, miss, grab merchant who we saw fighting Dodson the other week, surely not

oh puurrrrlease
avidlemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013