Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Froch - I was hoping that Abraham was going to knock him out, and that's what happend

"I think Arthur Abraham is going to really struggle with Andre Dirrell. I think Dirrell outboxes Abraham. Abraham's tough and strong, but I think Dirrell will beat him and then people will realize what a good job I did against Dirrell," Carl Froch, during an Oct. 26 interview.

FanHouse: Andre Dirrel over Arthur Abraham -- do you feel prophetic after having called that one way back in October?

Carl Froch: Well, it's because I boxed Dirrell, and I knew what Abraham brought to the table. And Dirrell just ran away like a girl when he boxed me. He was just running and holding. But he's a good figher -- he's got fast hands and he's got slick skills, and he used those skills and those fast hands to be negative against me.

But I knew that against Abraham, he was going to just punch the hell out of him, which he did for 10 rounds. But it was a shame the way that it finished for him, because I think that that takes a lot of confidence away from him, getting chinned in such a manner. But, yeah, I knew that he would beat Abraham.

But I'll be honest, I was hoping that Abraham was going to knock him out, and that's what happened, even though Dirrell did get the decision.

FH: Why did you want Arthur Abraham to knock out Andre Dirrell?

Froch: I'm not a big fan of Andre Dirrell and his attitude and what he stands for. But if you're talking boxing, when I say that he's a good fighter, he's got fast hands and slick skills. But that's just boxing. But if you're talking people, I wanted Abraham to win the fight and I wanted him to knock him out.

And I would say that that probably is personal, because Dirrell's a horrible person. At our press conference, I had to listen to a lot of his rubbish and a lot of his jive talk that a lot of people didn't hear, and I knew how he operated. People don't see that in the background, but I've seen it and I've gotten a taste of it and he's a horrible person.

FH: Do you think that Andre Dirrell was a better fighter against Arthur Abraham after having experienced a physical style against you that frustrated him?

Froch: Yeah, I think that that improved him. But the problem with Abraham is that he doesn't throw enough punches and doesn't put enough pressure on Dirrell. He almost gives makes it too easy for him by not working. Yes, he would have improved from the loss to me. And Abraham doesn't throw much and doesn't do much, and Dirrell got away without getting too much punishment.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ouch!! Froch really is quite candid here and clearly doesn't like Dirrell one bit.
JonOli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315
Default Re: Froch - I was hoping that Abraham was going to knock him out, and that's what hap

I hate myself for admitting this but...i'm maybe starting to like Froch a little bit.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Default Re: Froch - I was hoping that Abraham was going to knock him out, and that's what hap

Nothing really that strikes me as being wrong to be honest. I genuinely like the way Froch talks you know
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Lol. Thanks for the post. I love Froch's candour.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

If you watch the 360 shows ALL the fighters come off very well apart from Dirrell who seems like a grade A **** and his stupid looking brother and entourage shouting shit ALL the time.
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Dirrel is a twat and although I hate to see what Abraham did happen I did have a lol moment when I read it.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Iron Mike
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Froch speaks the truth, I love his honesty. People can slag him off all they want, and say Dirrell won the fight, but he fought like a ***** and you cannot expect to come to the champions home town and take his title like that.
Iron Mike is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

as usual froch speaks the truth.
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt99 View Post
If you watch the 360 shows ALL the fighters come off very well apart from Dirrell who seems like a grade A **** and his stupid looking brother and entourage shouting shit ALL the time.
spot on and i also had a little chuckle when abraham knocked him out
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I got to like Froch. I wish he would put his hands up and come in with two fisted attacks but he is honest. He talks like a fan. Dirrell is all mouth and then gets in the ring and fights scared.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too
vCash: 500

Where Froch says he dislikes Dirrell I think he is referring to where Dirrell and his team made many racist remarks to Froch (of camera of course).
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

what racist shit did they come out with
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

I really did like Froch something about him. There sjust soemthing about him.

Dirrel I like. I think he seems just a nice guy.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #14
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-15-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
because Dirrell's a horrible person
Why doesn't this cunt look at himself? He chats just as much shit. This is one cunt I will always hate. He NEVER EVER has something nice to say about someone. Sour Cunt.
Lazarus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum