Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #46
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841
Default Re: Barker to face Proksa in first eu defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
the fight were Lee was well ahead on the scorecards and was stopped prematurley when Lee was throwing a punch back at vera

It was a good call..... Lee found his level that night.....
Mazallan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #47
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
the fight were Lee was well ahead on the scorecards and was stopped prematurley when Lee was throwing a punch back at vera
It was his own fault. It might have been too early for my tastes but he kept eating big power punches and wasn't protecting himself at all times. None of his punches had any zip in them, he was well and truely ****ed. How many rounds were left...at least 3...no way he survives.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kguLYJDt5RQ[/ame]
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #48
Grievesy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 309

Proksa will be an excellent step up fight for Barker. A chance for him to prove what he's capable of. It's been a long time coming.
Grievesy is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #49
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
It was his own fault. It might have been too early for my tastes but he kept eating big power punches and wasn't protecting himself at all times. None of his punches had any zip in them, he was well and truely ****ed. How many rounds were left...at least 3...no way he survives.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i honestly dont think andy was in that much trouble , it was more of a stamia issue , hopefully the rematch gets made as andy beats him no bother in a rematch
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #50
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..

I would love to see Andy fight Vera again and to be honest it is a fight that should be made. Lee should win and he will hopefully go onto bigger things.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #51
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Yeah I don't think he was hurt much if at all but he was definitely out of gas. He'd have to either hit the road a lot harder in training camp or learn how to hold and frustrate a strong fighter. He was a sitting duck as he got tired.

I do think he could beat Vera over 10 rounds comfortably the next time just with added stamina training and pacing himself more but 12 rounds would be a bigger test again.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #52
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

A Vera fight would be offf the back of three straight losses...nothing in a re-match for Lee, he just needs to put it down to experience, draw a line under the episode and move on
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #53
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Not sure that makes too much difference. Vera always has been of limited ability, he's a gatekeeper. But the fact is Lee lost to him and had problems with the style, I think its a hurdle he needs to get over. He needs to fight somebody that brings pressure anyway.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #54
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
A Vera fight would be offf the back of three straight losses...nothing in a re-match for Lee, he just needs to put it down to experience, draw a line under the episode and move on

I doubt those loses make much differences than to say Vera has lost against better people.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #55
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

yeah i would like to see the rematch as i think lee struggles with that type of pressure fighter who will get you on the inside , a lot of his fights since then have been against similar fighters , think a rematch would do no harm at all and if he wins he gets the monkey off his back
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #56
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Lee should just move on.

If he were to beat some decent guys then no-one is going to hold the Vera loss over his head!
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #57
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
You know what, I hate boxers who talk about their first defence when they aint even won the ****in thing yet.
I know its a long shot but I hope there's a shock on Friday.
Actually if you just read the thread title you could interpret Barker is going to lose on Friday and become the first defence of Proksa's EU title sometime after.

I don't know how people mix up the EU and full European(EBU) title, it's really not that difficult.

Proksa is a good fighter but he's very small at Middleweight and I'd be surprised if he can't make 154(although it would be tough to do it).
He's got fast hands, a decent punch and decent reflexes.
The problem is he's untested at a decent level(even compared to Barker), fights with his hands by his waist at times and takes unnecessary shots and his quite a few other defensive flaws.

I think he's struggle with Barker's size and his own lack of experience.
Barker UD, although both men have an outside chance of a stoppage win.

Although I'd favour Barker over Lee I think Lee would deal with Proksa better. The size and reach difference would trouble the Pole hugely and I could see him being kept at reach for the majority of the fight and walking onto big shots from Lee with his low hands resulting in a late stoppage.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #58
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
I take back that comment. It was McEwan who Lee beat in the amateurs but I had it in my head it was Barker . My apologies. I still think Lee would KO Barker. Hopefully it's a fight we'll see in the future.
Lee beat both Mc Ewan and Barker in the amateurs and cemented his place as the best middleweight amateur of that time (he also beat Jeffries,Groves amd Darren Sutherland rip)He never lost to any of these guys so was a step above as an amateur but the pro game is a diffrent thing fights between Lee,Barker and Mc Ewan are a natural and would generate great interest and stir national pride.I would love to see a a fight beyween any of the two.
puca is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #59
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
Actually if you just read the thread title you could interpret Barker is going to lose on Friday and become the first defence of Proksa's EU title sometime after.

I don't know how people mix up the EU and full European(EBU) title, it's really not that difficult.

Proksa is a good fighter but he's very small at Middleweight and I'd be surprised if he can't make 154(although it would be tough to do it).
He's got fast hands, a decent punch and decent reflexes.
The problem is he's untested at a decent level(even compared to Barker), fights with his hands by his waist at times and takes unnecessary shots and his quite a few other defensive flaws.

I think he's struggle with Barker's size and his own lack of experience.
Barker UD, although both men have an outside chance of a stoppage win.

Although I'd favour Barker over Lee I think Lee would deal with Proksa better. The size and reach difference would trouble the Pole hugely and I could see him being kept at reach for the majority of the fight and walking onto big shots from Lee with his low hands resulting in a late stoppage.
A decent post.

I also think the size will be the trouble.

I have spoken with my source previously about Barker and he did feel the size would be a problem. They really wanted john duddy.
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #60
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

Quote:
i enjoy the banter myself , everyone can say there not biased but 90% of the time when its a close pick the english posters pick the english guy and the irish posters pick the irish fighter its just natural , however im pissed off these fights dont seem to happen as often as they should
I am English but live in Ireland so will sit comfortably on the fence with this one.
Decy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum