Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default messi, Haye and Strike!

The way Strike got rounded upon in his posts made me think how many people didnt actually understand what he was on about.

I use to be a poster on here, for years ive read this forum.....and i find it for informative and at the same time fustrating.

David Haye, is a talent....no doubt......i knew this when he took T. Booth in ****ing quick time.....he looked special and the fact that his only loss was due to himself rather than brave C. Thompson speaks volumes.

Haye like Messi is naturally talented along with the hard work. In boxing thought unlike other sports, it easy for someone to JUST get by instead of raising the bar all the time.

I feel like Haye was just doing enough, yes i know he knocked out a man that hadnt been knocked out in 14 years etc etc........but the truth is J. Ruiz was a good B level guy who took advantage of far more talented fighters who were not prepared. Ruiz in the grand scheme of things is average.........but a good guage to see what level your at. Haye showed he was a level above the likes of Golota, Ouendo, Toney, Valuev, Chagaev by the way he dominated Ruiz who hadnt be done at the top level like that since a prime Tua.

BUT i watched the fight 3 times now, and his flaws are huge....and they are things he can do to improve.

L. Messi so far has scored a hat trick against Arsenal and as it stands played 43 games and scored 41 goals.........it all time great legendary wow factor stuff........ i feel Haye could wow us just the same.......he could knock Ruiz and anyone else outside the top 5 in 3 rounds or less......he is that talented. Although i feel now that he wont do this.......becuase the hype, the fame are starting to settle in......he needs to be pushed.

It just my feelings........when i See Messi im like ****ing wow......that guy is incredible, i know it could be the same for Haye.
Black2023 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
noonan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: messi, Haye and Strike!

Messi is 22 and en-route to becoming one of the Greatest footballers even sportsmen to walk this earth.

You will never be able to say that about David Haye.

He may become a good Heavyweight Champion but never be A top 10 ATG
noonan is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Messi is the Floyd Mayweather of football.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Messi the Sugar Ray Robinson of football
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonan View Post
Messi is 22 and en-route to becoming one of the Greatest footballers even sportsmen to walk this earth.

You will never be able to say that about David Haye.

He may become a good Heavyweight Champion but never be A top 10 ATG

I know what you mean, but Messi is reaching his potential......and why cant Haye try to reach being a top 10 all time heavy? If he can beat both Klits, guys like Solis, Povetkin, Chambers and maybe in future Helenius and Pulev in style....then who knows.

One thing greatness is.......consistence.

We say Ali, Louis, Frazier, Tyson, Lewis or Holyfield are great becuase the had many nights where they look all time greats........if a guy like Buster Douglas pulled our another 8 performances like the Tyson one we would say the same, or if Brewster kept perfoming like he did against Golota agianst others we would say the same.

Vladimir after 3 pretty bad losses has started to pull togeather some really goods wins, and has looked at his best versus Chagaev and Chambers.....he deffo a top 40 guy now in the heavues simply becuase he has been consistent and performed well.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post

If Floyd took on Margarito, Cotto, Pacman, Berto, Y. Furman and had a go at Pavlik........then yes.....but Messi dosent say hey i dont want to play Arsenal today.......might be a difficult one
Old 04-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Messi is the Chad Dawson of football.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Messi is always the one who scores for me on Pro-Evo.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What the hell are you on about?
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #10
noonan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2023 View Post
I know what you mean, but Messi is reaching his potential......and why cant Haye try to reach being a top 10 all time heavy? If he can beat both Klits, guys like Solis, Povetkin, Chambers and maybe in future Helenius and Pulev in style....then who knows.

One thing greatness is.......consistence.

We say Ali, Louis, Frazier, Tyson, Lewis or Holyfield are great becuase the had many nights where they look all time greats........if a guy like Buster Douglas pulled our another 8 performances like the Tyson one we would say the same, or if Brewster kept perfoming like he did against Golota agianst others we would say the same.

Vladimir after 3 pretty bad losses has started to pull togeather some really goods wins, and has looked at his best versus Chagaev and Chambers.....he deffo a top 40 guy now in the heavues simply becuase he has been consistent and performed well.
Do you class Wlad as a boxing messi?? he has ruled the Heavys for 3-4 years now,

Is Wlad a great? how would he fair in any other era? Haye can look very good against the current bunch of heavys but imo will never be Boxings equivilant to Messi
noonan is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler View Post
Messi is the Chad Dawson of football.

Almost spit water all over the screen
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
What the hell are you on about?
X2

Bizarre thread
antcull is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Spot on
FIN is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonan View Post
Do you class Wlad as a boxing messi?? he has ruled the Heavys for 3-4 years now,

Is Wlad a great? how would he fair in any other era? Haye can look very good against the current bunch of heavys but imo will never be Boxings equivilant to Messi

jeez its difficult somtimes have to spell out everything.......i dont Vlad is, nor am i saying Haye is.

What im saying is when Messi plays.....you think wow, and he is improving all the time. Of course it helps being in one of the best teams in the world, but still he performas in the top 2 leagues in the world and the highest class in club football argubly the best in the sport itself......he dosent have many flaws.

When Haye beat Ruiz some posters reflected that Haye actually could have done better including me.....still think Haye should have done him within 4. This is the type of thinking or pushing that would only help fighters.....if we all know they could have done better than why not say? Should have to gloss over things.....Haye is good enough to make people who watch the sport go wow.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #15
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antcull View Post
X2

Bizarre thread

dont worry about it fella, im on top of the mountain......your still watching the world from the bottom....come and join me

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum