Jamie Moore 0 0%
Im unsure 5 6.17%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #61
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Who will be the last man standing at super middle?

Yes, he stopped him.

That makes him better than Carl Dilks who was unlucky but struggled, he didn't dominate the fight so its own fault.

Better than Kenny Anderson who struggled with Nathan King who has a 50/50 record.

Better than DeGale because DeGale hasn't won a title yet, he hasn't even fought anybody as good as Adamu.

Better than Steve McGuire who is a nobody.

You tell me, whos out there better than Groves if he can't fight Magee. I'd love to hear it. You want him to face a bum because you are scared he'll lose
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #62
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Yes, he stopped him.

That makes him better than Carl Dilks who was unlucky but struggled, he didn't dominate the fight so its own fault.

Better than Kenny Anderson who struggled with Nathan King who has a 50/50 record.

Better than DeGale because DeGale hasn't won a title yet, he hasn't even fought anybody as good as Adamu.

Better than Steve McGuire who is a nobody.

You tell me, whos out there better than Groves if he can't fight Magee. I'd love to hear it. You want him to face a bum because you are scared he'll lose

couldn't be further from the truth to be honest. I wouldn't be bothered about smith fighting groves now, it is all about what the best move is for him in a career sense. I would have smith in with dilks, degale, groves, anderson and british smw. I am not saying all of them fights would be easy, but he would be a favourite in all of them.
Groves is very talented, but he has learnt nothing by fighting adamu.
Results tell you a certain amount about a fighter, and how far they are on in terms of prgression, and groves certainly is further along than most, but the lad needs to take on a few learning fights, and going to the mayweather undercard is not a bad idea, just make it a meaningfull fight so he can learn something
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #63
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

He is learning. He learns more in the gym than fighting average talent that might in the British top 15 or so. He's sparred good fighters, Fragomeni and others. What's the point in actually looking to fight guys that are way overmatched...you say he learnt nothing against Adamu but he learnt a damn sight more than he would in any 'progession' towards Smith's title.

There is no progression, Groves is ahead of that lot. The only thing he could do is fight Quigley or Dodson to show just how laboured and average Smith's performances were and almost force the fight. But I'd be absolutely looking to skip that and get a shot if I was Groves' team, for the simple reason Smith didn't exactly prove he was levels above either of them.

If Smith can't get the Magee fight, which is of course a justfied and good move if he can make it, he should give George Groves. The other options are a cop out.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #64
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=TFFP;6516910]He is learning. He learns more in the gym than fighting average talent that might in the British top 15 or so. He's sparred good fighters, Fragomeni and others. What's the point in actually looking to fight guys that are way overmatched...you say he learnt nothing against Adamu but he learnt a damn sight more than he would in any 'progession' towards Smith's title.

There is no progression, Groves is ahead of that lot. The only thing he could do is fight Quigley or Dodson to show just how laboured and average Smith's performances were and almost force the fight. But I'd be absolutely looking to skip that and get a shot if I was Groves' team, for the simple reason Smith didn't exactly prove he was levels above either of them.

maybe, i might be being persuaded on this, but still not sure. I want to see how and who groves fights in may, and what is lined up after that. Maybe a dodson or quigley fight would be a good idea first. I think groes accepts he may be fighting for a vacant title if smigga moves upwards though
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #65
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Groves for me clearly.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #66
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too
vCash: 500

Smith vs Degale would be good.
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #67
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The obvious answer but Groves and DeGale are fairly well matched IMO.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #68
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
smith can win the lonsdale outright against magee.
Smith needs to win two more fights to win the Lonsdale outright.
Groves will go the furthest.
ollyc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum