Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Bummy Davis
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default What is the opinion on Davis Haye

I know Ruiz was past it and Haye could have been disqualified for the rabbit punches but He has been the only one to Stop Ruiz in recent times and also wobbled Valuev. I know he was winded but he does seem to be bringing up the power with him.

What is your evaluation at this point in time and his last 2 victory's that were over decent quality Heavyweights.

How far will he go and who can beat him?

How do you like his speed?
How do you rate his power?
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418
Default Re: What is the Classic forums opinion on Davis Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
I know Ruiz was past it and Haye could have been disqualified for the rabbit punches but He has been the only one to Stop Ruiz in recent times and also wobbled Valuev. I know he was winded but he does seem to be bringing up the power with him.

What is your evaluation at this point in time and his last 2 victory's that were over decent quality Heavyweights.

How far will he go and who can beat him?
The fun stops at the Klitschko brothers, I dont think he really has a decent chance of beating either of them unless he corrects his flaws quickly. He's done well up to now though. I wish he would stop saying hes gonna retire when he's 31 it always seems like fighters are trying to convince themselves rather than the fans when they say that. It would make sense if he beats both brothers and retires on a high but what about if he losses? I think he'll continue. Anyway, I'm rambling off topic.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I think hes got some work to do on his defense. Wlad and Vitali are both tall guys with very good jabs and are very difficult to fight now. I dont think the Haye that fought Ruiz would stand much of a chance with either Klitschko, as they punch far harder and more accurately from distance than Ruiz does.
I would advise him to take some more fights before facing either Klitschko and work on improving his technique because hes going to have to walk through some serious fire trying to get close to either Klitschko and he wont be able to be hit like he was against Ruiz.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
The Mongoose
pimpcandpbfownme
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

With Chambers out and Povetkin fighting unranked cans he's probably the clear number three heavy at the moment. For all of Haye's bluffing he will probably try to fight Wlad and Vitali like he did Valuev, saftey first, jabbing at their bodies off the backfoot. I don't think this will be very effective, he lacks the defense and movement of a Chambers or Johnson and will likely take a great deal of punishment against fighters that can accurately jab back or counter from long range all night. I'd be more interested in seeing him against brawlers like Peter, Arreola, Adamek...all three of whom I wouldn't confidenlty favor him over at this stage. I would be very surprised to see him face them or the Brothers anytime soon anyway, expect to see him against Chageav in a possible stinker next. Love that he's cleaning out the WBA mess though, even if Wlad is the true lineal though not officially recognized Champ.

Last edited by The Mongoose; 04-06-2010 at 12:07 PM.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

I don't know if he will beat the Klitschko's, neither does anyone else who has so far contributed, but I do know that he brings excitement, speed, and power to an otherwise lackluster and boring division. I thought the one-two he threw in the first round against John Ruiz was beautiful. It's the kind of technique and handspeed coupled with power I want to see more of from the big guys.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Addie is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

beautiful punch...just a pity he followed it up with volleys of innacurate, smothered, clubbing caveman punches.
lora is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Quick Cash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think he's third best at heavyweight. No other fighter has carved out a name for himself on the way up like he has, and his presence does change the landscape some. So, he has that to boast about.

Unfortunately, the picture is very clear-cut right now, and it appears to remain that way for a very long time until both Klitschkos are out of the game. No one poses a serious threat to them; not even David Haye, in my opinion.

Saying that, it speaks of the division in general when the two top dogs are slaying the competition in definitive fashion, yet none of their victims are suffering tremendous losses in the rankings. Haye has been the only addition to my personal ranking for months now.
Quick Cash is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
beautiful punch...
Agreed
Addie is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Am I the only one who feels wlad needs to fight david haye as soon as possible. Enough with fighting 'boxers'(albeit some talented ones)..he needs to prove he can defeat a fast explosive puncher. Wlad doesn't have a good track record of it, so its a legacy builder. I love Wlad, and hope he does it.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
Quick Cash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Am I the only one who feels wlad needs to fight david haye as soon as possible. Enough with fighting 'boxers'(albeit some talented ones)..he needs to prove he can defeat a fast explosive puncher. Wlad doesn't have a good track record of it, so its a legacy builder. I love Wlad, and hope he does it.
I also think it's the best fight for him out there. Obviously if he is not in a realistic position to fight the guy below him, the third or fourth best is the next worthiest alternative. However, I think people have already formed their opinion regarding Wlad and a win against Haye will not enhance his legacy greatly.
Quick Cash is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

While I see him as perhaps the 6th best heavy out there, I do think he offers the division more of a pulse. Also, he has a high ceiling. He only has, what, three fights at this weight? Let him develop. But no way he is better than Povetkin right now or Chambers (if he comes back in pre-Wlad form). Christ, I didn't think he even beat Valuev. Still, I don't think we've seen his best yet.
Seamus is online now  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
Muchmoore

vCash:

Haye's got tremendous speed and power. His talent is basically unlimited he just needs to work on his wind a bit and have better gameplans (Valuev)

His chin isn't great though and that's gonna bite him in the ass eventually, nonetheless he's my favorite current HW to watch and I give him a solid chance to defeat both Klitschkos.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #13
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore View Post
Haye's got tremendous speed and power. His talent is basically unlimited he just needs to work on his wind a bit and have better gameplans (Valuev)

His chin isn't great though and that's gonna bite him in the ass eventually, nonetheless he's my favorite current HW to watch and I give him a solid chance to defeat both Klitschkos.
I thought is gameplan was fine against Valuev. One of life's many mysteries is how anyone could claim Valuev won more rounds. Beggar's belief. That being said, he clearly hurt his hand. This is evidenced by the pictures of his swolen right hand the next day, and I think he would have opened up more had that not happened. I think he should calm himself when he has someone hurt. Pick his shots more, he'd have ended it in one round had he done that on Saturday night.

I've been watching a lot of Haye lately. He really does have a really hard jab. I was in Manchester the other night and some of the jabs caused the crowd to go "oooo" and these are from jabs, sweat pouring off the opponents head when he land them. Be more consistent with that, and bring the right behind it every now and then and he really does have the power to stop almost anyone at Heavyweight. I wouldn't think he could do it to Vitali, but Wladimir wouldn't be able to take Haye's best shots on the chin. No on my watch. He doesn't get credit for his body work either, someone said he doesn't throw combination's. They clearly haven't seen a Haye fight.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Haye may not beat the Bros Grimm but he is a damn sight more exciting imo.His head movement needs work, comparatively slow punching Ruiz found him with jabs and Wlad has an excellent one ,but if Haye lands his right on Wlad he could surprise a lot of people.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #15
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I thought is gameplan was fine against Valuev. One of life's many mysteries is how anyone could claim Valuev won more rounds. Beggar's belief. That being said, he clearly hurt his hand. This is evidenced by the pictures of his swolen right hand the next day, and I think he would have opened up more had that not happened. I think he should calm himself when he has someone hurt. Pick his shots more, he'd have ended it in one round had he done that on Saturday night.
I gave Valuev more credit for the 20 jabs he landed than I gave Haye for the 10 rights he landed.

One of the worst performances (by both fighters) in recent memory. An absolute abomination. Holy, Chag, Donald and even Ruiz did better against Valuev.

All that said, Valuev is a circus freak and sort of a weird roadblock in the division. I don't put a whole lot of emphasis on his performances or those against him. Let's just hope there is no rematch. Please.
Seamus is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum