Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #1
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1004
Default Post your questions for my next Caballero interview tomorrow

Ok, I did this before and now that he has fought, i will do it again. i will be talking to Pelenchin tomorrow. if you have any questions, let me know. i will try to get all relevant and even some non-relevant questions answered. they can be on anything, just please try to be respectful. thanks.

it was good to see that caballero seems to have gained some newfound respect tonight. i could tell that what he was doing with mayweather was going to help him a lot. he is going to get even better the more he works with jeff.

on a side note, he will get back here to vegas on the first of may. when he does, i will get him to update his "ask caballero" thread.
Pelencho is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Post your questions for my next Caballero interview tomorrow

Nice, i been a critic of Cab since I thought he got a gift against Mathebula in his homeland but hes winning me over now. That display over Yordan was impressive but he got hit one too many times than he should.

Ask him if he cant get a fight with Gamboa or Juanma if hes willing to travel to fight Chris John in Indonesia for his super champion title.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 AM   #3
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
Nice, i been a critic of Cab since I thought he got a gift against Mathebula in his homeland but hes winning me over now. That display over Yordan was impressive but he got hit one too many times than he should.

Ask him if he cant get a fight with Gamboa or Juanma if hes willing to travel to fight Chris John in Indonesia for his super champion title.
i asked him this in the first interview. he would definitely fight in indonesia. it seems like he might actually prefer to fight in his opponents country. he has already done that a couple of times. but i will ask it of him again.

as for Mathebula, i asked him about this fight. he said that after the fight, Mathebula refused to be drug tested. and he could tell during the fight he was loaded up on something. i guess he was suspended for refusing the test. some of the words may have been lost in translation here as i didnt have my wife to translate at this time and he was struggling to put it into english.
Pelencho is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2010, 02:44 AM   #4
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 77327

I'd love to know what featherweight punches (especially from an actual puncher) felt like to him. How did he feel he wore the weight overall?

If he can't land one of the top guys, would he be willing to settle for someone right under that level in his next outing - like a Burgos?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #5
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I'd love to know what featherweight punches (especially from an actual puncher) felt like to him. How did he feel he wore the weight overall?

If he can't land one of the top guys, would he be willing to settle for someone right under that level in his next outing - like a Burgos?

good questions. i will get those answered for sure. on your last question that Ricky guy here would go nuts if that happened! lol
Pelencho is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

You know what would skyrocket Caballero's fanbase if he cant get a big fight....going to Australia and KTFO Billy Dib.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:54 AM   #7
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelencho View Post
good questions. i will get those answered for sure. on your last question that Ricky guy here would go nuts if that happened! lol
Yeah, he'd probably go on about how Burgos is a bum...even though Burgos would probably give Lopez a fight for his life.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:55 AM   #8
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

I don't know if it was recognized on tv but the crowd broke out in a chant of "JuanMa JuanMa" on several occasions during and after the fight.

Can you ask Caballero if he plans to continue to call him out since it's clear that this is the fight that the fans want to see or if he thinks that it would only be an act of futility?
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:55 AM   #9
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
You know what would skyrocket Caballero's fanbase if he cant get a big fight....going to Australia and KTFO Billy Dib.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 AM   #10
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
can you elaborate on this? i only got back into boxing a few months ago when i meant pelenchin, so this one is lost on me
Pelencho is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 03:04 AM   #11
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
I don't know if it was recognized on tv but the crowd broke out in a chant of "JuanMa JuanMa" on several occasions during and after the fight.

Can you ask Caballero if he plans to continue to call him out since it's clear that this is the fight that the fans want to see or if he thinks that it would only be an act of futility?

i heard them. i took it as the fans saying they wanted to see him in against juanma, not as pro juanma chants. i guess others took it the other way. i will ask him, but in my interview a couple of days ago he said that is still his number one priority. and i can tell you that we have a few ideas for him along these lines. most of you know that i am friends with him. what you may not know is that i am also working with him to increase his exposure here in the U.S. so we will be doing a lot to promote him coming up in the near future. and a lot of those ideas revolve around him going after juanma. but now that this fight is over we will see what he has to say about it
Pelencho is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 03:04 AM   #12
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
can you elaborate on this? i only got back into boxing a few months ago when i meant pelenchin, so this one is lost on me
Billy Dib is a globally unpopular featherweight, largely because of a lack of sportsmanship displayed against a Japanese fighter (Dib hit him while down). This wasn't Dib's first such transgression, either. He's the type to hit after the bell...or a break called by the ref.

He also has a suspect chin and his people have avoided putting him with anybody who can seriously punch.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:05 AM   #13
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Quote:

Dib is some arrogant kid from Australia who thinks he is the next best thing. When he got his opportunity to fight for a title he didnt even fight just practically showboated his way to a UD loss.

here is taste of his classless antics

hits the guy while hes down, gets the win and shoves the guy and his trainer afterwards

3:25 mark
BORKED
Old 04-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #14
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Oh man, Caballero vs. Dib would be so awesome. It wouldn't really help Celestino's career out much, but it would win him over so many diehard fans - and collecting another scalp by brutal KO is always nice even if it the victim is just some loudmouth and not a world champ.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:19 AM   #15
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
i just watched the clip. he definitely seems like a douchebag. it would be great to see pelenchin pound on him, but i doubt that is gonna happen. lol
Pelencho is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum