Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Bute vs. Miranda

As many of you will know i'm not a fan of that poster child for anti sweet science sluggers in Miranda who's everybody's coming out party. However i've also been critical of Bute and although he's more in line with my type of fighter, I could never warm to him after that Andrade fiasco, getting a 3 year pass with lack of resume with Bika and Joppy being his top 2 places of employment - weak curriculum vitae.

I think Vegas has Bute winning this fight at 4:1. Bute knows how to throw them hands and can D it up like an Italian team playing catanacho, can fight backwards and is a very good counter puncher. I see him outclassing Pantera with those leaping wild shots having a second class postage stamp on them and getting potshotted/countered like crazy.

But Bute is in protective custody and if he wins...we get to see him fight tomato cans for the next 3 years. This goes against all my principles but please pull for Miranda even though your moolah's are on the smoother fighter.

He did what he had to do and redeemed himself in Andrade II against an 8 cylinder who didn't stop firing but beyond this I'm still holding serious reservations about Bute until he shows me something more against higher level comp. Will he treat Miranda how he deserves to be treated, with disrespect? thoughts on this Canadian/Romanian fruitcake?
slip&counter is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bute vs. Miranda

I rate Bute - I think his performance in the first Andrade fight was excellent until the last round. There'd have been as much controversy if Bute had been stopped with no time left on the clock.

His resume is ok, but nothing special. He's been consistent and I think Bika's actually a very good win. He's a tough customer who gave Calzaghe some hard work. The Andrade wins were solid, and I think he's beaten some other decent names.

He hasn't fought the best in his division, and won't until the end of the Super Six, sadly. Here's hoping. He'll beat Miranda fairly easily though.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

i wud say fight pavlik but imo martinez's has got his number
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

I'm having problems with Bute being rated as the number 1 Super Middle right now (I mean who has he really fought?) and also how a showdown between him and the Super Six winner will decide the man.

To me, it seems kind of unfair, though I guess the Ring have got their moneyed eye on this somewhere, surley?
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
I'm having problems with Bute being rated as the number 1 Super Middle right now (I mean who has he really fought?) and also how a showdown between him and the Super Six winner will decide the man.

To me, it seems kind of unfair, though I guess the Ring have got their moneyed eye on this somewhere, surley?
Yep, spot on sir Jon...no way his he the number 1 with his resume and all these other champs fighting eachother...there's just something that bugs me about Bute.

I think its the fact he thought he was too big for the super six and his fans claiming him to be the second coming of JC. Before Andrade II his biggest win came against Joppy, lol! I'm a risk manager by day and keep in shape by hitting the garage heavy bag at 100 punches for 3 mins lasting for 10 Slip rounds...what does that say about me?...not much but even I could knock out Glass Joe, sorry I mean Joppy, lol! Yeah, we'll see if this Canadian maple syrup is the real deal when he comes out of witness protection and stops feasting on soups can of the month!

Last edited by slip&counter; 04-11-2010 at 05:16 PM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict

There is no way Bute is No.1 SMW - absolutely no way. Based on ****ing what??? I'd fancy Froch, Kessler, Abraham, Dirrell and Ward all to beat him. Bika, Berrio, Joppy(!!!), Zuniga and Andrada x 2. No, no, no, no, no.

But Miranda aint gonna do anything differently. As long as Bute stays out the way early doors he'll win. I don't think he'll stop him though.

Have to say that if Froch or Abraham got him in the trenches, which they would, they'd have him.
theuppercut is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Miranda has one risk. He has been difused many times. It's a decent fight for Bute that can be sold as something bigger.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

In no way is Bute number 1. Based on fights I think Froch has to be there. However I can understand if people put Ward there in consideration of beating the perseeved 'man' in Kessler. But to put Bute there is insane!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
In no way is Bute number 1. Based on fights I think Froch has to be there. However I can understand if people put Ward there in consideration of beating the perseeved 'man' in Kessler. But to put Bute there is insane!!!

theuppercut is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Bute has got great natural ability, handspeed and picks his shots very well... but In terms of heart and durability I'm yet to be convinced he is the real deal. He also gets caught with some stupid shots. I wouldn't place him above fourth in the division. He beats Miranda though.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Nothing wrong with Bute's actual punch resistance. He's faced some big punchers and never had a problem. Berrio has as big of a punch as anybody, Bika and Andrade can both crack. His stamina may still have question marks over it.

He should be fine with Miranda. Just gotta watch the right hand and its easy street. Can't afford to make a mistake though, there is always a modicum of danger against this guy.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

I like watching Bute, good fighter. I think he does a number on Miranda though obviously Edison is saying he's had his best training camp ever and all that but after the fight no doubt he'll have a 1001 excuses.

It'll be interesting to see what Bute does afterwards though. Obviously the biggie he's waiting for is the Super Six winner but does he play it safe until then or take a few tough fights (admittedly there's not many of these around at 168 atm what with the Super Six and all that). I hope he goes for Stieglitz and Pavlik though. But then Pavlik has to beat Maravilla first
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127

Ya Bute's certainly not #1 in the division, he's getting very overrated on the GF. It's a bit unlucky for him to be stuck outside the Super 6, if he was in it I think he'd do fairly well.

He'll come through this fight alright, but what does that prove, a host of others have already gotten past Miranda, this seems like a step back.

Where does he go after this then. I doubt Pavlik is going to want to meet him, he's got decent competition to keep him busy for a while in MW. Jermaine Taylor? Maybe look for the winner/loser of Dawson vs. Pascal.
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #14
Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4614

I think Bute's gunna school him, f he doesnt get sucked in to a war that is.
Davies is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 AM   #15
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Just don't think Miranda can take the hear at Super Middle. At MW he was a beast.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum