Old 04-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #31
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Carl Froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
Come on the Dirrell got robbed thing still goin on?? The kid was naive that night, thought that by running all night and VERY occasionally showing flashes of his impressive handspeed you can win a world title. Our surveys said- AH AAAHHHHHH. Why is it every close decision is deemed a screw job in some circles these days? Froch won that fight, it was very tight and a poor performance but the the right man won.

On Froch he's not getting the credit he deserves for the run hes been on. The pascal win (now WBC light-heavy champ as previously mentioned) was a great throwback fight really entertaining and ITV should be ashamed of not putting on the Taylor fight live after his title win brought em millions of viewers. When he knocked out Taylor, Jermian was off the back off a wide points win against Jeff Lacy and before fought a cloers fight than the scores suggested v Kelly Pavlik. That sort of dramatic knock-out loss in afight you're winning has a lasting effect on a fighter thats whats happening to Taylor. He was by no means shot when he fought the Cobra.

Ive already mentioned the Dirrell WIN, its a terrific hat trick of wins for Froch whos showing hes willing to mix it with anyone and is a champion to be proud of. AS proof im no Froch mark i'll be honest and say its nigh on a 50/50 fight with Kessler. Both are strong, both come to fight, both got a good set of whiskers and both seem to forget thier boxing ability regularly and prefer to have a tear up. Froch wants to keep his belt and has mentioned his '0' alot leading up to this fight whilst Kessler gets an unlikely title shot as per the crazy Super 6 schedule and its pretty much 2am at the last chance saloon for him if he loses so theres plenty of motivation for either guy. Gonna go for Froch very late in a close war with both marked up. Wouldnt be surprised if cuts play a part either.

Not getting dragged in the Khan issue got f*** all to do with this thread!
Quality post
KingCobra is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #32
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
Quality post
Thanks man
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #33
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bill View Post
Froch thinks he is Marvin Hagler, He got smacked on his chin by Dirrel and was all over the place. He is a walking talking KO waiting to happen. I think he is just a paper champion that got a vacated WBC title.

Blah blah blah
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #34
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
Dirrell landed punches, Froch didn't, that's about the long and short of it.

I take it by your digs at Froch and your Avatar you have something against boxers who have heart?
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #35
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Froch has a chance against, AA.

R for round, Froch throws a lot of punches, hurtful ones too, but not crushing, in a sort of, old man Vitali way - is there a comparison there, in some ways? probably not.

With his reach, I feel he can also keep out of immediate range of AA. I feel that Froch can, perhaps, hit around his Arthur's turtle shell guard and also go to the body - whilst out of range.

AA I feel, unless he changes following his loss, is not going to outwork Froch.

I suppose a lot also depends on those explosive blasts from AA, where when swarmed, one could question how Froch's defence will deal with the speed and power of Abraham.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #36
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
if Taylor survived the 12th he would have won,
If my Aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle

Quote:
Dirrell won but was robbed.
**** off
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #37
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
If my Aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle
And your actual uncle would be a poofter
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #38
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too

What all Froch forum haters fail to realise is that Froch is actually very difficult to hit and has a very good defence. He uses his feet to move away from punches, he's awkward. How do you think AA was bruised and busted to hell by Dirrell yet Froch wasnt even scratched. Its easy to watch the way Froch fights with his hands low and say he has no defense but theres more ways of defending punches than having your hands up.

You cannot dis Froch's resume. To be fair, Froch DID beat Dirrell, although it was close. Some may argue that Froch already has a better resume than Calzaghe. I cant remember Calzaghe ever beating guys of Taylor, Pascal and Dirrell's calibre, but that's a whole different story.

I can see the ref pulling Froch off Kessler and stopping the great Dane from taking further punishment around round 9. I see him beating AA on points in an easy fight for Froch. If he can then win his next two fights he will be a world wide superstar.
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #39
9Ball
Smeghead
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1041

I think this whole Super 6 series has been full of upsets. Very difficult to call any of the fights IMO.
Froch has severe limitations at the hiest level however and I feel his toughest 2 fights in his career are coming up next.
9Ball is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #40
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

I think Froch will do both of them over. Dirrell proved what a tricky customer he is against Abraham and this can only serve up more confidence in The Cobra!

I say he stops both of them... his hardest fight will be against Ward!

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #41
raws
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I don't think Froch will come unstuck until he meets Ward
raws is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #42
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

It's funny that anyone who can see Froch's shortcomings is automatically labelled a 'hater', we'll see after Kessler and AA fights, how his great defence holds out.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #43
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

On Froch/kessler. Unless you're actually from Copenhagen and this guy saved your milk money from a bully in primary school, then you have absolutely no business in hyping him at this stage. Yeah, he fought Joe pretty well and made JC adapt to his style and pick him apart for the last 7 rounds of that fight. But the signs ain't been good since and i think even though Frochy gives him more chances because of his style he'll bring too much heat for the Danish Muffin to deal with.

Btw i never forget that Showtime gave Kessler the keys to US soil with a 5 fight deal commencing with Miranda, and the tattoo'd baby backed out, but entered this tourney? Unbelievable!

Last edited by slip&counter; 04-13-2010 at 06:12 PM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #44
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
It's funny that anyone who can see Froch's shortcomings is automatically labelled a 'hater', we'll see after Kessler and AA fights, how his great defence holds out.

No shit. Stick with Audley, He's a real British hero.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #45
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

He is indeed, won Olympic gold for Britain.
Pug1list is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum