Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100
Default Re: Audley reportedley vacates the title to fight Klitschko in December

That's probably correct, with Haye's hyper marketing drive, he is now probably as well known, nevertheless most people in Britain know Audley Harrison, and I believe quite would be willing to order a Audley-Klit ppv.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #17
kidgloves
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 129

This cant be right!!
Eddie Hearn seems to be presuming a bit too much for my liking.
kidgloves is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #18
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
Audley is a big household name, probably more well known than Haye, this fight would capture the imagination of the public, would do good ppv sales imo.
A household name for all the wrong reasons. The very name Audley would have viewers flicking over the channel, and you think punters would be prepared to pay to see him fight That ship has sailed, in fact the ****er's sank like the Titanic.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #19
Laikaka
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
well, i hear you....but regardless of how shite he is...and he is shite!!...he is a european champion, and that in itself gets him in the door...
through the history of boxing we have had boxers fight for titles that really shouldnt have....pete redemacher ??

I know you're right doug but unless I'm mistaken all we had were unofficial Ring rankings back in Rademacher's day (though I'm not excusing that fight.) Here the WBC would be again undermining their own official ratings if they sanctioned this fight. Matthew Hatton's at #25 in the WBC welterweight rankings but presumably that's because Branco now #31 was rated. I just can't see how Harrison can get into the WBC top #15 on the back of this win - unless he ends up facing Wlad of course. If this sport wants to sanction fights based on how much money can be made from them then it's world titles have no credibility. Sky may well want to endorse this and act as a sponsor to it but I couldn't blame any channel for using this as an example of one of the reasons they don't want to show boxing.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on so much
Laikaka is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

A-Force is the real deal.

This is very good news. A win for AH sets up a unification with Haye, ie: British mega fight of the century.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

I can't see it happening myself, but I suppose Audley is one of the few boxers still well known with the British public, so I guess that would make him a possible money fight - there could be some old popularity to mine, when compared with other possible opponents who probbably bring little in the way of numbers.

The Klits would also know it's a non contest and someone they can spark, maybe look good in doing so.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #22
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

I'm willing to do an avatar bet with anyone, that if this happens, Audley loses.

Laying it all on the line!!
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #23
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I'd be shocked if any Harrison fight was on PPV.

He was outboxed, outworked, outpunched - basically outclassed - by Michael Sprott, barring that lucky punch in the 12th.

He isn't getting a shot at the Klitschko brothers, unless they have turned into frauds overnight.

Serious contender - the man looks shit scared in the ring, and even worse when someone throws a punch back. He should just retire and stop polluting the air.
He can punch, is big and he can box. Perhaps he will perform better against bigger opponents. A Harrison bout against either Klitschko will surely be quite popular in the UK.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #24
sitiyzal
ESB Addict

ffs why immediately spoil any momentum with this nonsense? Defending the European title against Dimitrenko is the perfect next step for Harrison. Nice little earner too .

Instead we may get the same old constant David Brent-style pseudo management ramblings while he simply sits on his WBC ranking .
sitiyzal is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #25
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laikaka View Post
I know you're right doug but unless I'm mistaken all we had were unofficial Ring rankings back in Rademacher's day (though I'm not excusing that fight.) Here the WBC would be again undermining their own official ratings if they sanctioned this fight. Matthew Hatton's at #25 in the WBC welterweight rankings but presumably that's because Branco now #31 was rated. I just can't see how Harrison can get into the WBC top #15 on the back of this win - unless he ends up facing Wlad of course. If this sport wants to sanction fights based on how much money can be made from them then it's world titles have no credibility. Sky may well want to endorse this and act as a sponsor to it but I couldn't blame any channel for using this as an example of one of the reasons they don't want to show boxing.
is hatton at 25 in the wbc ?...i didnt realise that....i presumed that holding a european title would get you an automatic high ranking...
well, based on that you have a fair point.
doug.ie is online now  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #26
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I'd be impresed if Audley lasted 2 rounds. Honestly, I would. Waste of time.

I'd like to see the Dimitrenko fight, 2 glass hearted fighters. Would be interesting.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #27
zfc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2235

Would like to see Audley in with Wlad I dont think it would be as one sided as people suggest.

Here we would have two giant pussies who are afraid to get hit,the fact that one is a southpaw who can bang when he has to makes it very interesting considering the last southpaw with power Wlad faced bounced him off the canvas a few times would make it very interesting.

I would have no problem forking out 15 to see it and it would shut the entire esb forum up forever if Audley knocks out one of the most over rated Robots in boxing history.
zfc is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Of course it would be one sided. Soon as Wlad lands a right hand its all over. His legs were stiffening against Michael Sprott FFS. He was hit easily in that fight, his reflexes are shot.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #29
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Yeah I agree.

Wlad doesn't like being hit and has a dodgy chin, but does really well to protect it.... even if it does make his fights pretty boring.

Harrison hates being hit, to the point of not wanting to throw just incase, and has a bona-fide glass chin..... with next to no defence.

I'm of the opinion that if a miracle did happen and the fight was made, Wlad might just go out there and take it to Harrison, ala Lewis vs Golota..... with a quicker ending, maybe about 40 seconds rather than 90.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #30
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Oh dear.

Few things on this...

Firstly, it would be a major coup for Audley. Cant really blame him for going after a world title if a shot is available.

My main issues are the fact that he will be sparked out and that I'll have to pay 15 for the privilige of seeing it. If this one on normal Sky then the viewing figures would be very, very good as the majority of people will watch it just to see Audley get sparked. But I doubt many people would pay to watch it.

This is the kind of thing that gets people's backs up about Audley. He's lingered in the division for a decade now. He wins a European title and for that he deserves praise, especially given the Hollywood KO and the fact he fought through injury. But now hyping him up to be a genuine world contender just turns off the few people he may have won over with that win.

If you can get the shot, Audley, then take it. And good luck to you. But dont make us pay for it and dont start telling us that 'it's your destiny' and all that b0llocks. Just get in there and try to win. If you win the title, then you can start preaching to us all. Until that point, mouth shut please. And tell your team to do the same.
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum