Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #31
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Audley reportedley vacates the title to fight Klitschko in December

Imagine Harrison Vs Wlad. The whole fight would be clinching and both of stood there with their lead arms out desperate not to get hit.
mike464 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #32
zfc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Of course it would be one sided. Soon as Wlad lands a right hand its all over. His legs were stiffening against Michael Sprott FFS. He was hit easily in that fight, his reflexes are shot.
The problem with that is it takes Wlad 12 rounds to throw a right hand with any bad intentions as he uses his pawing jab to fend the guy off.

Audley is a southpaw and would come in from different angles and being that this would be the only chance he ever gets at top level I just cannot see him going into his shell.

If Audley is aggressive and thats a big IF he has got a chance and that canot be denied.
zfc is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #33
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Uhm, it takes Audley 5 rounds to throw any punch, jab or otherwise.

Wlad would have nothing to fear out of Audley. No he has no chance, don't even try and legitimize this fight, its not possible. Wlad could KO him with a jab his chin and defences are so bad. He was hurt by Michael Sprott for ****s sake, this is fantasy.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #34
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfc View Post
The problem with that is it takes Wlad 12 rounds to throw a right hand with any bad intentions as he uses his pawing jab to fend the guy off.

Audley is a southpaw and would come in from different angles and being that this would be the only chance he ever gets at top level I just cannot see him going into his shell.

If Audley is aggressive and thats a big IF he has got a chance and that canot be denied.
Audley can be as aggressive as he wants, as soon as he feels Wlad's jab he'll revert to type and freeze. The only doubt I have in my mind is whether Wlad would go out to finish him or just jab his head off for the fight. Lets be clear here, Audley struggled against Sprott. A Sprott that is not top level. He will be jumping about 3 leagues by getting in with Wlad. He'll be fighting someone with more power than anyone he has fought before and he'll be fighting someone that's been at the top level for a long time.

I'm not a massive fan of either Klitschko but I appreciate that, at the moment, they are the best of a bad bunch (I'm undecided on Haye and will make my mind up when he signs to fight either of them). But Wlad is still a number of levels above any of Audley's opponents and a number of levels above Audley.
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #35
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

If this can happen then hey, ditch that Euro belt without a second though and go for it. I don't think Audley's ever going to have a better chance to get a Klitschko fight.

But I'll take this with a whopping great pinch of salt.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #36
lurcher
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Can we please just pretend friday night did not happen, deperately wanted to see Audley have to fulfil his promise of calling it a day. Heres a man who shoulda done a Teofilio Stevenson and stayed amateur as he has just never looked confident or convincing as a pro. Ten years to win a euro title and the talk is of him getting in the way of the first potential heavyweight super fight for years, well truth is stranger than fiction and boxing is keen on pissing on its own shoes but come on, please do me a favour.
The only realistic fight for Audley is a 3rd with Sprott, but he's so delusional he would compare it to the Ali-Frasier trilogy and that it would 'seal my legacy'.
Olympic Gold-RESPECT
pro carreer-goooooooooooon
lurcher is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #37
Laikaka
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

If the grounds for Klitschko-Harrison being made are that it would sell in the UK then by the same token why not Klitschko-Virchis which would make Ukrainian fans and tv happy or Klitschko-Bakhtov for Russians. I bet people here would rightfully kick up a stink if those were made so surely this isn't a good way to justify fights.
Laikaka is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #38
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

If either Klit fight Harrison it would be a sham. I hope Haye storms the press conference and tells them both to suck his dick.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #39
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Harrison has almost everything in him that the Klitchko's look for in a defence. He has a big name due to the Gold, he is purseeved as low risk (due to woeful showings) and he is capable of selling tickets. His only drawbacks for them are his size and the fact he keeps in decent shape!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #40
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict

Audley v either Klitschko would be similar to what we saw with the likes of Chambers, Thompson, Arreola, Rahman, Johnson, Chagaev, Ibragimov, Gomez, Peter... have I bored you all yet.

Shoulder injury or not what the **** has Audley Harrison shown lately to prove that he has any chance of beating either of them? When someone puts the slightest bit of pressure on he freezes and does nothing and his work rate is appalling. A joke, a ****ing joke. I wonder how many Brits would cheer on the Klitschko?

But I'd by the ppv. But that is because I am a ppv whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yessir
theuppercut is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #41
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

thing is, the WBC give a high ranking with the Euro title, and the EBU have mandated dimitrenko. if he vacates, hes no longer champ and the WBC can quite realistically, yet ridiculously and very possibly chuck him out of the top 10 again
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #42
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

If Audley sparks Wlad, this forum will go into meltdown.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #43
Trickster
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyD1983 View Post
Oh dear.

Few things on this...

Firstly, it would be a major coup for Audley. Cant really blame him for going after a world title if a shot is available.

My main issues are the fact that he will be sparked out and that I'll have to pay 15 for the privilige of seeing it. If this one on normal Sky then the viewing figures would be very, very good as the majority of people will watch it just to see Audley get sparked. But I doubt many people would pay to watch it.

This is the kind of thing that gets people's backs up about Audley. He's lingered in the division for a decade now. He wins a European title and for that he deserves praise, especially given the Hollywood KO and the fact he fought through injury. But now hyping him up to be a genuine world contender just turns off the few people he may have won over with that win.

If you can get the shot, Audley, then take it. And good luck to you. But dont make us pay for it and dont start telling us that 'it's your destiny' and all that b0llocks. Just get in there and try to win. If you win the title, then you can start preaching to us all. Until that point, mouth shut please. And tell your team to do the same.
Great post. I actually don't begrudge him a shot at the Klitschkos to be fair, a quick scan over their last few opponents tells you that you don't need to do much to justify a title shot in this HW division.
Trickster is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #44
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

This would be a mismatch. Wlad could take Audley out of their within a round, quite easily, but Wlad will let it go a few rounds and it will not be entertaining in the slightest.

I'd be pretty disappointed if either Klitschko chose to Audley. Haye, Povetkin and even Solis are more worthy challengers. It'd be a joke of a fight and it;s not as if the Klitschko's have been busy fighting top, top fighters that they are due an easy fight. They have faced little threat in the ring in recent years.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #45
Trickster
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
This would be a mismatch. Wlad could take Audley out of their within a round, quite easily, but Wlad will let it go a few rounds and it will not be entertaining in the slightest.

I'd be pretty disappointed if either Klitschko chose to Audley. Haye, Povetkin and even Solis are more worthy challengers. It'd be a joke of a fight and it;s not as if the Klitschko's have been busy fighting top, top fighters that they are due an easy fight. They have faced little threat in the ring in recent years.
I can disagree with any of that but Sosnowski is getting a shot at Vitali and but for that he'd have been fighting Audley on Friday.
Trickster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum