Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #61
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623
Default Re: My Boy Joshua Marks Just Sparred ANTONIO MARGARITO YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievint
Damn man...that is sorry to hear that his fam don't support him. Especially if he's this kind of talent. But it is a tough sport and not many people have the mentality or physicallity to do this as a profession. Boxers are special kinds of people.

But you as well as I do that you don't need to be blood related to have "BROTHERS". I have a couple of boys that I consider my brothers...even though we are not related. They've had my back since i can remember and we've been through some crazy shit. You are a cool cat Fred....Take the kid under your wing! I can't wait to see the final product!
yeah man, i kno wat dude is going through, when I took up boxing my mom wasnt 4 it. SHe says im 2 "pretty" to be a boxer. But any other sport I did she supported. Its like what yo said, for one my mom dont wanna see me get hurt. 2 theres other sports where you can come str8 in making millions, and for freddys pupil, he was star runnin back he said so dude probably was gonna get recruited and prolly b on his way, so his parents was supporting him in that regards. But the whole boxing thing they just not feeling, I go through it with my mom as well. Even though shes coming around. Freddy stay on him, tell him to follow his dreams man.
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #62
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenko1
It's all good, and I ain't playin', I'm really gonna check yall out...
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #63
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
i know what you meant, i thought the same shit...then i asked him, and he told me it was his head gear....

i would love to see both of them in there in a full fledged gym war...ahahahhahhahhhaah
Marks did great for a guy at his experience level and is on a solid track.
He's getting good ESB backing and support from you and has the talent deserving watching.

Trust me, if they'd have went 12 right then and there? The size difference and experience would have had Margo doing what HE ALWAYS DOES AT THIS POINT.

This was the experience that will allow him to understand and deal with that or similar down the line. Keep developing him right and you might have a top fighter down the line.

Hats off to him in the session and you on support

I'm down to see more of Josh Marks and see good things SO FAR.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #64
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Margarito did hurt him to the body. And let him off the hook. He is good though. He has a good lead left hand though he throws it in rapid succession. Just needs to learn how to counter punch and he should be ok. He leads too much and with his hand speed and pretty good power he would make things easier for himself countering. Yeah, he should watch some floyd tapes. It would help him out a lot.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #65
PJ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Margarito was definitely taking it easy and not putting anything behind his punches. If Margarito wanted to, he would have laid that other kid out!

Good stuff though...
PJ is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #66
Warfist
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

War Joshua!
Warfist is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #67
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: My Boy Joshua Marks Just Sparred.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
WTF??? margarito working as a sparring partner now??

i mean sure he sucks....but this is a bit harsh
I guess being humble and a gentleman is "low" to you.

Thanks for the videos Freddy, loved them.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #68
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
yeah man, i kno wat dude is going through, when I took up boxing my mom wasnt 4 it. SHe says im 2 "pretty" to be a boxer. But any other sport I did she supported. Its like what yo said, for one my mom dont wanna see me get hurt. 2 theres other sports where you can come str8 in making millions, and for freddys pupil, he was star runnin back he said so dude probably was gonna get recruited and prolly b on his way, so his parents was supporting him in that regards. But the whole boxing thing they just not feeling, I go through it with my mom as well. Even though shes coming around. Freddy stay on him, tell him to follow his dreams man.
Yep! My mom wasn't feeling me boxing one bit! My father wasn't either but he understood that I was a really aggressive kid and I was always throwin my hands in school, out of school and around my way...so the guy I was doing my martial arts with for YEARS knew a guy who he use to train who had a boxing gym and also trained at the Arbutus gym right around my way. So I started training with him when i was 13 and I fell in love right away.

In the martial arts I was training, it let me get out some of my aggression but for the most part they just had me CONTROL my aggression until a tournament. Boxing was the only thing that allowed me to keep my cool outside of the gym...

I mean, it actually helped me stay composed and under control after a few months. My parents saw the difference and stopped hounding me about it, but they never thought I would try to go pro...which I didn't. But I've always stayed close to a gym and continued to follow the sport ever since.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #69
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

thanks ya'll, i really appreciate the feedback....and believe me, i know if they went 12 rounds full fledged, margo would definately lay the smack down...but i can guarantee josh would give him a good 5 or 6 rounds....which is hella good for a guy that just started boxing last year.....

we'll find out this weekend when his next fight is, i'll let ya'll know.....from what i here, it might be on a jose luis castillo undercard right here in mexicali.....
Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #70
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Quote:
thanks ya'll, i really appreciate the feedback....and believe me, i know if they went 12 rounds full fledged, margo would definately lay the smack down...but i can guarantee josh would give him a good 5 or 6 rounds....which is hella good for a guy that just started boxing last year.....

we'll find out this weekend when his next fight is, i'll let ya'll know.....from what i here, it might be on a jose luis castillo undercard right here in mexicali.....
You said in another post that you took your boy to Mexico and gained their respect "THE RIGHT WAY."

Are people real racist in Mexico?

If you're black, do you have to fight for respect?

Your boy still lift weights?

And damn, Margarito is a BIG mother ****er.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #71
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
You said in another post that you took your boy to Mexico and gained their respect "THE RIGHT WAY."

Are people real racist in Mexico?

If you're black, do you have to fight for respect?

Your boy still lift weights?

And damn, Margarito is a BIG mother ****er.
dog, when it comes down to boxing, if your black or white they will boo the shit out of you and throw shit at you...boxing is a big part of life over here in bordertowns, and across too......we started off by letting him spar alot of mexican fighters, he was getting really popular over there...we also welcomed many of them to our gym to work-out with us...when he turned pro, he was already known by most of them, except for the crowd....he always gives exciting fights and he even walks out with the mexican flag to show love and support....now, they love him over there, and here especially...

he is a pretty popular sparring partner already, and the way it's going...it wont be too long before alot of other pro's start asking for him.....and on top of all that, he's a great kid with a good heart....he will give somebody credit way before he even gives himself any....

and nah, we keep him away from weights...
Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #72
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Quote:
dog, when it comes down to boxing, if your black or white they will boo the shit out of you and throw shit at you...boxing is a big part of life over here in bordertowns, and across too......we started off by letting him spar alot of mexican fighters, he was getting really popular over there...we also welcomed many of them to our gym to work-out with us...when he turned pro, he was already known by most of them, except for the crowd....he always gives exciting fights and he even walks out with the mexican flag to show love and support....now, they love him over there, and here especially...

he is a pretty popular sparring partner already, and the way it's going...it wont be too long before alot of other pro's start asking for him.....and on top of all that, he's a great kid with a good heart....he will give somebody credit way before he even gives himself any....

and nah, we keep him away from weights...
Sounds like a good kid.

Hopefully I'll see him on the big stage one day.

I'm glad he has some pop too.

Last edited by dmt; 07-30-2006 at 01:16 PM.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #73
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I would have scored those rounds to Margarito, but Marks was competitive, which says a whole helluva lot. I think he might even make it to the late rounds in a real fight. He honestly looked defensively sound enough to avoid a KO until later on. Keep working with him. Hes got potential.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #74
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:

I think that in DUE time?? Marks looks like he might make noise. He definitely picked up some seasoning and looked respectable doing it.

You do a great job keeping us informed, thank you. Keep it coming
C Money is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #75
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
I think that in DUE time?? Marks looks like he might make noise. He definitely picked up some seasoning and looked respectable doing it.

You do a great job keeping us informed, thank you. Keep it coming
as ya'll as ya'll keep asking, im gonna keep providing

but really fellaz, it means alot man....

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum