Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: Green vs Siaca lead-up

Mundine's comment was probably tongue in cheek but the nature of it certainly suggested 'okay let's get it on', and so far...

Every fighter always wants to get every advantage they can get - how long and hard did 'Marvellous' Marvin have to campaign for to get 'Sugar' Ray in with him? Leonard played him and played him; then beat him (just!).

Bragging rights don't last indefinately. Particularly if the other guy calls you out for a rematch for a prolonged period of time and you duck him. It was afterall team Mundine that seduced Green out of retirement!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #17
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

dannys definitely become more irritating and brazen in press conferences as of late, i can only attribute that to the influence of angelo hyder, that guys got about as much grace as a bull in a china shop and its pretty easy to tell that alot of what danny says are angelos words, no doubt hes a very good trainer but maybe he should keep himself away from the politics of the sport
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #18
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Is it just me or the only bloke doing all the 'mouthing' recently as the article infers is Danny.

He doesn't need Mundine you know!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Mundine's comment was probably tongue in cheek but the nature of it certainly suggested 'okay let's get it on', and so far...

Every fighter always wants to get every advantage they can get - how long and hard did 'Marvellous' Marvin have to campaign for to get 'Sugar' Ray in with him? Leonard played him and played him; then beat him (just!).

Bragging rights don't last indefinately. Particularly if the other guy calls you out for a rematch for a prolonged period of time and you duck him. It was afterall team Mundine that seduced Green out of retirement!
I think it was fair to say CHB that Team Mundine never wanted Danny to go into retirement in the first place, hence the "What the f_ck are you doing?" from Khoder when Danny first told him!

I wouldn't think Danny was 'seduced' from Team Mundine to come back. I'm sure Danny add's up 1+1 = 2 just fine, so when it comes back to being seduced, it was obviously for a lot more than 1+1, hence sitting on the sidelines with no fuss or fanfare, and ultimately no dollars isn't a brain zapping decision to make.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #20
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I think Danny is actually starting to believe he's a great fighter . The blokes getting too big for he's boots.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #21
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

I Teke the Great bless Siaca will one final glorious battle
teke is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #22
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
I think it was fair to say CHB that Team Mundine never wanted Danny to go into retirement in the first place, hence the "What the f_ck are you doing?" from Khoder when Danny first told him!

I wouldn't think Danny was 'seduced' from Team Mundine to come back. I'm sure Danny add's up 1+1 = 2 just fine, so when it comes back to being seduced, it was obviously for a lot more than 1+1, hence sitting on the sidelines with no fuss or fanfare, and ultimately no dollars isn't a brain zapping decision to make.
Who would ever really know for sure Contendo?

From what I've pieced together, Green's mob claim strongly that Khoder seduced Green back into action, and there don't seem to be strong arguments coming from Mundine's camp about it.

The press by and large 'bought' that idea as what took place, and remember the pics of Green & Khoder together just before Green announced he was back!

...but hey, needle in a haystack stuck with all the b/s flying about!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #23
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Dunno about that, he has been on record to say this about Green.....

''I'm fighting at junior middleweight now and my next bout is scheduled at junior middleweight - that's 69.9 kilograms. [But] I'll tell you what, we will make it even. I'll fight at middleweight and he can fight at heavyweight. That might help to even it up,'' Mundine said.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/ill-take-on-green-anytime-says-choc-20091204-kb07.html

As TCW would say..."It just boxing talk!"

Green has been on record saying that he'd fight Mundine for nothing. We all know that was never going to happen.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
I Teke the Great bless Siaca will one final glorious battle
You should try that on the All Blacks during a World Cup o mighty one.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Yeah..anybody would think Green punched shit out of Mundine last time the way he's talking

Ash.. the amounts of BULLSHIT that been spewing from the keyboards of Mundine Team members, fans, lovers and nuthuggers on this forum in the past month, I'd not mention Green if I were you.

Such a sad bunch.

Ya can't worship a dickhead.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #26
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ......
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #27
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
I think Danny is actually starting to believe he's a great fighter . The blokes getting too big for he's boots.
What do you expect ?after all Danny Green is defending the Cruiserweight Championship of the World .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #28
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

It's clear that danny green is an anthony mundine fan, if anything fighting siaca and continuing to profess cruiserweight greatness is only gonna hamper his effort to get purse parity in the eventual rematch. While choc is either going to become the pioneer at 154 or increase his stranglehold on the middleweight division this year it would be wise for green to give the mouth a rest as he got verbally starched by "the man" last time he started making noise.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #29
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
To be fair this opponent is a gimme fight, however the constant plucking of big names out of the air to criticise him is a bit lame as he is a high risk low reward fight for pavlik sturm etc and mundine has expressed a desire to face them im sure he isnt just a liar there would be no point in spouting lies on tv. Also he has to spank geale properly first and rightly so.
Because your myopia seems to have become especially bad the last few days, just thought I'd post it for you again.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #30
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Here's what 'World Domination in 2010' looks like Leon:

January - Rob Medley.

June - Nobuhiro Ishida.

September - ?

December - Garth Wood.

Breathtaking stuff!

How do you follow-up a year like that in 2011?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum