Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #46
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jamie Moore Retires - Official Statement

Amazing fights with Macklin and Rhodes inparticular will be constantly referred to on here as will the heart and excellent sportsmanship that was forever shown by Jamie Moore. Always gave value for money and with british, commonwealth and european straps he had success at a good level. Its a shame there was no fairy-tale ending such is the life of boxing but all the same big congrats and thanks to Jamie for a fantastic career and showing class whatever the outcome of your fights. Best of luck for the future
jdawg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #47
paddycfc
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

all the best in the future went all over watchin jamie because u always knew ya would see a class fight
paddycfc is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #48
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

What a hero, was horrible watching his last fight, unlike many in todays sport Jamie has choose the exact right time i wish him a very happy retirement.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #49
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

He is a fighter I took a great shining to. Guaranteed entertainment when he was in the ring and always classy when out of it, whether as the victor or on the rare occasion, the loser. He is a top guy and will be missed. I wish Jamie Moore all the best in whatever he decides to do. He can look back on his career with great pride after all he has achieved.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #50
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too

All the best to Jamie. I just hope he's earned enough through his hard work to not have to get a 9 to 5 job.
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #51
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

All the best Moorsey!!!

Great career and a guy that proved he could hang with top guys and produce the special moment we all love.

Cant think of anyone else that has won fight of the year as many times.

All the best and keep posting on here!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #52
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Sounds like a very wise decision, shame one or two others aren't as smart. Good luck in the future Jamie
Guy is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #53
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I had the good fortune to see him in the flesh a few times, great fights, great guy. Thanks for the memories as they say
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #54
Mikey7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hiya lads, thanks for all the great comments, again it's VERY much appreciated at a difficult time, coz as you can imagine i've been doing this for 18 years, so to know i'm not gonna do it again is weird, and very emotional, but i had to do it for my family's sake.
As a few people have mentioned, course i'm gonna keep posting, as i've said before on previous threads i'm a boxing FAN 1st and foremost, so i'll probably post even more now!!(Mrs permitting!!)
Thanks again to everyone, it really is a good feeling to know that all my efforts we're appreciated by the fans.
Mikey7 is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #55
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey7 View Post
Hiya lads, thanks for all the great comments, again it's VERY much appreciated at a difficult time, coz as you can imagine i've been doing this for 18 years, so to know i'm not gonna do it again is weird, and very emotional, but i had to do it for my family's sake.
As a few people have mentioned, course i'm gonna keep posting, as i've said before on previous threads i'm a boxing FAN 1st and foremost, so i'll probably post even more now!!(Mrs permitting!!)
Thanks again to everyone, it really is a good feeling to know that all my efforts we're appreciated by the fans.
What are your immediate plans for the future?

are you gonna take a break etc? If so don't fall into the trap of leaving it so long you need dough and fight offers get tempting. I'd hate to see you become a scalp for up and comers etc (also obviously your scans make this very unwize [just ask freddie roach]).

Coz of the EBU you should be able to get oppotunities with in brit boxing. Training is obviously something you are already involved in and it would be great to see you following the likes of Rob McCracken etc.

Seriously mate you seem like a grounded guy and I wish you all the best for the future. Hope the media oppotunities work out.
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #56
Mikey7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
What are your immediate plans for the future?

are you gonna take a break etc? If so don't fall into the trap of leaving it so long you need dough and fight offers get tempting. I'd hate to see you become a scalp for up and comers etc (also obviously your scans make this very unwize [just ask freddie roach]).

Coz of the EBU you should be able to get oppotunities with in brit boxing. Training is obviously something you are already involved in and it would be great to see you following the likes of Rob McCracken etc.

Seriously mate you seem like a grounded guy and I wish you all the best for the future. Hope the media oppotunities work out.
Gonna get away for a week soon with the family then when i'm back i'll get my teeth into it then. I think it'll all fall into place over the coming months Will.
Hope sky get on the blower too, dream job for me.
Mikey7 is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #57
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Gonna get away for a week soon with the family then when i'm back i'll get my teeth into it then. I think it'll all fall into place over the coming months Will.
Yeah I bet.

Don't rush into anything but also don't leave it too long!

Your stock is obviously at it's highest now as far as media work goes so get on that one straight away. To be honest would like to see you get a slot in a decent paper as you see like an intelligent guy and there are some really shit writers about.

Bombard sky with calls etc. Persistance nearly always pays off! Primetime might be an option as well. Like I say good luck with it all.

Seriously mate them brain scans aren't to be messed with so don't ever contemplate a return no matter what fights get offered. You've had a very decent career and certainly one to be proud of!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #58
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
Get on the blower to Buncey mate
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #59
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
Get on the blower to Buncey mate
Yeah coz Bunce is well in with sky!!!

lol,
Will is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #60
namsu55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

All the best hope you have a happy life ahead of you.
namsu55 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum