no 21 20.19%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #31
sg85
Bang on the chan
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: does haye- wlad sell out wemley

Yes... or as near to sell out as you'd get.

With the sky sports wank-fest starting as soon as haye's pen touches the contract there'd be too much interest in this fight for it not to sell out.
sg85 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #32
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I think that you are grossly overestimating Hayes visibility to the general public...if Frank couldn't fill Wembley, Haye sure as hell ain't
frank was a nice guy and a household name and sure he got you going but this fight has so much going for it , its unreal

look at what the first fight in the new dallas stadium buzz created
hagman1989 is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #33
Hooch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
or even maybe cardiff. every1 can have a good piss up then
Great call, easier for people to get to form the midlands/north etc, and a much better ground for boxing with a roof. Wembley is to vast for boxing

Better in every respect really, fight fans could make a weekend of it, rather than leaving straight after the fight as wembley has nothing there.
Hooch is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #34
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

How many PPV did he sell? Anything close to a million? I doubt it. And you think 10% are going to turn up at an arena? That's dreamworld stuff.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #35
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
Great call, easier for people to get to form the midlands/north etc, and a much better ground for boxing with a roof. Wembley is to vast for boxing

Better in every respect really, fight fans could make a weekend of it, rather than leaving straight after the fight as wembley has nothing there.
thank u thank u
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #36
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
How many PPV did he sell? Anything close to a million? I doubt it. And you think 10% are going to turn up at an arena? That's dreamworld stuff.
youve gotta way up his opponent , hayes skys man now so hes gonna get all the adverts it takes
hagman1989 is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #37
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Never saw an official figure for the Valuev fight but read a couple of posts suggesting it was around 700k.

I think this would depend on how many they set the stadium out for and how many German fans made the trip. Could see it doing 65-70 if it was priced reasonably but not 100,000.

Quite simply put I don't think there are enough die hard boxing fans to get 100,000 in there.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #38
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post

Think of the amount of big football clubs in London and then think of the amount of those fans who will be interested in going to watch a fight at wembley stadium straight after their team has played. You'll have 100,000 right there, not including boxing fans from all around the country. Arsenal get 60,000 a game, Tottenham get 40,000 a game, Chelsea 40,000, West Ham 30,000 etc etc.
Unlike Saturday afternoon Premiership games you will be able to stay at home and watch the fight. Football is like a religion to a lot of people. Same ritual every other week.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #39
kidgloves
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 129

No chance they fill it. I don't like fights in football stadiums tbh. Just saying you was there doesn't cut it with me when you can't see **** all
kidgloves is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #40
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
Never saw an official figure for the Valuev fight but read a couple of posts suggesting it was around 700k.

I think this would depend on how many they set the stadium out for and how many German fans made the trip. Could see it doing 65-70 if it was priced reasonably but not 100,000.

Quite simply put I don't think there are enough die hard boxing fans to get 100,000 in there.
700k, so roughly 15% of people prepared to sit down in their living room and watch him will turn up at an arena

Wildly optimistic.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #41
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagman1989 View Post
youve gotta way up his opponent , hayes skys man now so hes gonna get all the adverts it takes
His opponent is nothing better than Valuev to most of those people. They don't know how good Wlad is. He's just a titleholder to them like Valuev was.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #42
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
700k, so roughly 15% of people prepared to sit down in their living room and watch him will turn up at an arena

Wildly optimistic.
It was 750k BUYS so you'd think quite a few people watched it with mates etc. If on average two people watched for each buy you have 1.5m people watching it. Probably won't get 100k or even 90k at Wembley but something like 70k is possible
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #43
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Quote:

You've surely got to take into account the average man in the street though aswell? The people who've never bought a ppv Haye fight in the past, but will simply go because of the huge buzz around the fight and the fact it will be taking place at Wembley Stadium.

You have to remember London is a massive city.
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #44
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
It was 750k BUYS so you'd think quite a few people watched it with mates etc. If on average two people watched for each buy you have 1.5m people watching it. Probably won't get 100k or even 90k at Wembley but something like 70k is possible
True, but on the other hand its not that difficult to press a few buttons on your Sky controller. Not a huge amount of people are die hard enough to trek across the UK to a fight like people on here are. So its mostly people in and around London that are being relied upon.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #45
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Its possible, however, I consider myself quite a hardcore fan but there is no way that I am going to rock up to wembley stadium for a fight that I won't be able to see...fights in stadia are shit and I suspect that quite a few people will hold my view.
icemax is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum