Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #31
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Upcoming PPV's on Main Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express
Sorry mate...I don't get you at all. Ok, if at the end of the day they do change their policy and you have to have it for a 3 months minimum or something... THAT EQUALS $45. It's still cheaper than Main Event!

BUT FOR THIS FIGHT AT THE VERY LEAST - YOU DON"T!

Do you know how much cheaper this will actually be for pubs? If they've got Setanta, which a heap do, they've got the fight for nothing extra.

Anyway...

I'll be thinking of ya on November 4th when I've paid my $15 and watching the most important fight in Super Middleweight history, Enzo Macca defending his Cruiser title and Gavin Rees his Lt Welter!
Let me add this my friend (Foxtel cable customers: initially SETANTA SPORTS will only be available to Foxtel satellite customers. SETANTA SPORTS will be made available to cable customers later in the year.)

Ok so in other words **** anyone who has cable? because thats what they are doing by this. Plus ONLY SHOWN at pubs and clubs that have the same coverage from SETANTA which is very limited.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #32
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Imagine paying $15 for setanta and the nxt day Calzaghe pulls out with a broken hand
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #33
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Most important fight in SMW history.... **** off :P Toney v Jones anyone. Two HOF's and one ATG.... You make a good point though about the price anyway.
Well I'd argue that these two, Calzaghe certainly, are heading for the hall of fame. Also, at that time Jones hadn't even fought at 168lbs, Toney had won an IBF belt and made a couple of defences.

Calzaghe has been champion for nearly a decade and Kessler for 3 or whatever it is. He also holds two belts.

I certainly agree with you the RJJ v Toney was numero uno. Truth be told I forgot about it at 2am! But I think a case can be made for this fight. 60,000 fans in sold out Cardiff agree as well!
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #34
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Let me add this my friend (Foxtel cable customers: initially SETANTA SPORTS will only be available to Foxtel satellite customers. SETANTA SPORTS will be made available to cable customers later in the year.)

Ok so in other words **** anyone who has cable? because thats what they are doing by this. Plus ONLY SHOWN at pubs and clubs that have the same coverage from SETANTA which is very limited.
Wayne that's because they are currently negotiating with Telstra as well, who own the cable rights. They expect that to be resolved in a week and a half!

Here's a list of pubs with Setanta. If you live near a capital city you're fine.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #35
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well I'd argue that these two, Calzaghe certainly, are heading for the hall of fame. Also, at that time Jones hadn't even fought at 168lbs, Toney had won an IBF belt and made a couple of defences.

Calzaghe has been champion for nearly a decade and Kessler for 3 or whatever it is. He also holds two belts.

I certainly agree with you the RJJ v Toney was numero uno. Truth be told I forgot about it at 2am! But I think a case can be made for this fight. 60,000 fans in sold out Cardiff agree as well!
hahaha its all good mate just having a dig. In terms of history within the division, these guys are without a doubt much more experienced within the SMW division, and it is really a true SMW mega fight. I will enjoy this, although I get the feeling it will be a bit of a technical fight at times. Mosley v Cotto will be more exciting for the casual fan IMO.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #36
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
hahaha its all good mate just having a dig. In terms of history within the division, these guys are without a doubt much more experienced within the SMW division, and it is really a true SMW mega fight. I will enjoy this, although I get the feeling it will be a bit of a technical fight at times. Mosley v Cotto will be more exciting for the casual fan IMO.
Ha ha it's all good! It might just be as one sided as the Jones v Toney battering, who knows? Agree with your assessment for the casual fan... but **** the casual fan!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #37
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ha ha it's all good! It might just be as one sided as the Jones v Toney battering, who knows? Agree with your assessment for the casual fan... but **** the casual fan!
ESB Members KO1 The Casual Fan
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I would be dead set gob smacked if it ends up being similar in any way to Jones v Toney. If someone wins here by a blowout, these boards will go crazy, especially if Calzaghe schools Kess, like he did to Lacy. Most likely a close decision to JC. Which way do you have it picked?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #39
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I would be dead set gob smacked if it ends up being similar in any way to Jones v Toney. If someone wins here by a blowout, these boards will go crazy, especially if Calzaghe schools Kess, like he did to Lacy. Most likely a close decision to JC. Which way do you have it picked?
I have my money on Kessler to win a fairly close UD. I think his straight sledge hammer punches will prove too much for the Welshman
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 PM   #40
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
I have my money on Kessler to win a fairly close UD. I think his straight sledge hammer punches will prove too much for the Welshman
Joe's combination punching will be too much for Kess, especially in close quarters. Kess doesn't fight very well backing up IMO.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 12:33 AM   #41
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Joe will box his ears off. I guess we'll see soon enough!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #42
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Well, some of us will see it!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 AM   #43
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well, some of us will see it!
everytime it starts to settle down you get it going again; priceless
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #44
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Let me add this guys SOMEONE IS LYING either Mainevent or Setanta Sports because read these 2 emails i got last night and today

MAIN EVENT : We are very disappointed that we cannot show the Calzaghe/Kessler fight – we did try to secure the rights to show it here in Australia, however they are owned by Setanta and they have elected not to offer them to anyone else, they want to show it themselves. Sorry mate, we tried!!!

Kind regards,
Main Event Television

OK NOW Setanta Sports
"Thanks for your email. It is unfortunate that Telstra has been unable to
provision Setanta cable in time for our launch date of October 9.
To this end Setanta approached Main Event and offered to sub-license the
fight for Foxtel Cable customers, however, Main Event were not interested in
doing so."

So they have asked mainevent to screen it and they said no and main event said they were never offered the fight, THIS IS WHY BOXING SUCKS IN OZ someone is lying DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I mean come on doesn't this piss people off.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 AM   #45
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

You have to wonder, someone is like 'Nah, we don't need to make as much money as we can on this fight. Gentlemen, while I am in charge of this company I swear we will not make a profit!'.
This wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened here in regards to PPVs and cross promotion/sharing of rights.
LeonMcS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum