Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Pacman wants Valero next.

Are you happy now guys????

Make it happen Arum!!! We need Pac's exciting style back!!!
PacDbest is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
LogDog69
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Pacman wants Valero next.

This is getting old. I want to know who he's really fighting, no matter who it is. So far I've heard David Diaz, Juan Diaz, Marquez, Casa was supposedly calling him out, and now I'm hearing he wants Valero.
LogDog69 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
Vantage_West
ヒップホップ·プロデューサー
East Side VIP

r.i.p velero

really velero isnt as bad as people think he hits hard even if his record over exagerates the fact but he can punch and does ahave some skills...it isnt that much of a one sided fight.

but paq wins and velero gets some credabilty.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
Vantage_West
ヒップホップ·プロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogDog69
This is getting old. I want to know who he's really fighting, no matter who it is. So far I've heard David Diaz, Juan Diaz, Marquez, Casa was supposedly calling him out, and now I'm hearing he wants Valero.
oooo casa i like that 2 southpaws is a interesting fight and casa thrives on slugger/punchers bring it on "one" says
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
Raden
Southpaw
ESB Jr Member

Translation of some parts of the article.
Quote:
Remarking on Marquez's purse demand, Pacquiao said: “Mahirap kalaban si Marquez kasi humihingi ng malaking premyo. Gusto niya mas malaki pa ang premyo niya sa akin. Di kami magkasundo. Pero kung papayag sa negotiation, walang problema na matuloy ang laban."
The fight with Marquez is little bit difficult because he is asking a big prize. He wants bigger than what I am going to receive. We both could not agree on that matter. But there will be no problem and the fight will be done if we agree on negotiation.

Quote:
“Sinabi ko nahirapan ako sa timbang, pero parang pabiro lang namin sa grupo," he said. "Pagtimbang ko, naka-shorts pa ako. Sakto lang, 130 lbs. Tinakot ko lang kasama ko na overweight ako."
I said that I was having difficulty in my wieght but I was just joking with the group. During my weigh-in, I was wearing a shorts and I was 130lbs exactly.. I was just scaring my colleagues so I told them I was overweight.

Quote:
"Naisip ko na pagkatapos ng fight ko kay Barrera, sabi ko aakyat na ako siguro ako 135 pounds," he said. "Tapos may nakapagsabi: 'Sino ba tatalo kay Manny Pacquiao?' Ang sabi: 'Tanging si Valero.' Parang sabi ko: 'O sige, bababa muna ako ng 130 pounds. Mag-stay muna ako. Hintayin ko na magkatagpo kami para mapatunayan ko kung kaya ko siya talunin."
After the fight with barrera, I thought of moving-up to 135lbs, but somebody said "Who can defeat manny Pacquiao"?, someone responded "Only Valero has the chance". Then I said, Okay, I will still remain at 130, then I will wait for that time when we fight so that I could prove if I can beat him....
Quote:
"Di pa siguro puwede mag-retire," he said. "Sa tuwing may fight ako, nagkakataon na nagkakagulo ang ating kababayan. Pagkatapos ng fight ko, nagkakaisa ang sambayanang Filipino. Di pa tamang panahon na magretiro sa boxing. Di pa naman ako 34, 33 o 32 – 28 years old lang. Kung titingnan mo, 22 years old nga eh."
I think I need not to retire yet. When I have a fight, there is always a coincidence that the country is in chaos. But after my fight, the chaos are always settled. It's not the right time to retire from boxing. I'm only 28 years old, not 34, 33, or 32.. If you take a look at my face, seems like I'm only 22... he he he.. (joking)
Raden is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogDog69
What is getting old? Or are you saying that Pac should not say who he wants to fight next unless the contract is already signed?

All fighters say about who they prefer to fight next. but as to who they actually fight pretty much depends on many factors.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #7
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Are you happy now guys????

Make it happen Arum!!! We need Pac's exciting style back!!!
i saw the interview myself: looks like pac is a little bit pissed by valero's claim that he is the only one who can "beat" pac..
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #8
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

When Pac was still at 122, he said he wants Barrera.

After he beat Barrera he said he wants JMM & Morales.

After trilogy with Morales he said he wants Barrera again.

Whatever Pac wants he always get it. He names Valero at 130 & David Diaz at 135. The only time we will see Pac vs JMM2 is if he didn't Price himself up.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #9
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Valero, JMM, Guzman, Soto.

I am happy as long as he fights them.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #10
Raden
Southpaw
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Valero, JMM, Guzman, Soto.
BTW, why these four didn't fight each other?
Raden is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #11
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raden
BTW, why these four didn't fight each other?
guz and soto is scheduled to fight each other as an undercard , jmm on the other hand is gonna be fighting juarez: a mab leftover all in november.
valero is the problem as he is yet to have a med. certificate or clearance to fight in the u.s. due to his medical problems which came from a brain surgery due to a motorcycle accident.
because of that he can only fight in japan: his adopted home now so the chances of big fights for valero in the u.s. is quite slim.
unless if negotiated right: him and pac can fight in macau or beter yet: he finally gets his clearance to fight in the u.s.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #12
Raden
Southpaw
ESB Jr Member

Yes, and I believe that if this fight happens, it will be done in japan or in Macau...and probably here in Philippines...

Valero cannot enter US not only because of Medical record but also because he is Venezuelan (I heard that US banned Venezuelans..not sure)...
Raden is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #13
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
When Pac was still at 122, he said he wants Barrera.

After he beat Barrera he said he wants JMM & Morales.

After trilogy with Morales he said he wants Barrera again.

Whatever Pac wants he always get it. He names Valero at 130 & David Diaz at 135. The only time we will see Pac vs JMM2 is if he didn't Price himself up.
Well, JMM is a challenge also. Let's see Pac get eaten alive by Guzman in the near future.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #14
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

btw, i don't want pac and valero 2 fight in japan, cuz officiating there is very questionable.
not that in the phi it's like that too: we ain't known for that.
but in japan: i remember a local winning from a headbutt caused to him eventhough it came from a punch plus it was pretty evident that that local was behind points. he was like "saved" by the officials there.
and there are other bad officiating stories there both in mma and boxing but i yet to hear of a k-1 bad officiating there.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #15
LogDog69
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATSYS
What is getting old? Or are you saying that Pac should not say who he wants to fight next unless the contract is already signed?

All fighters say about who they prefer to fight next. but as to who they actually fight pretty much depends on many factors.
No I'm just tired of being teased...I want to know who he is "definitely" fighting so I can try to form an opinion on who I think will win
LogDog69 is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum